Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Do you ink alot.....
....and if you do, have you been noticing that the "cats eye" Color Box chalk is sorta on the cheaper side, quality wise? I am finding the ink pad is shredding so much that I end up buying a new one before reinking it. I never had this problem!! The pad would fall off and I would have to reglue it, but the shredding is terrible!
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

Re: Do you ink alot.....
I do ink a lot, but I haven't had that happen yet.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

bluejeans7

Bowl Full of Cherries

I ink all the time, rarely do I make a layout witout inking. LOL! I use the Color Box cat eye ink pads and I've had problems with them coming off and then I just reglue them with superglue. I've had problems with them shredding too but only because they were really old and I've used them sooooo much. One time recently I got a pad that shredded the first time I used it. I emailed Color Box, they said it sounded like it was a dry ink pad and they replaced my pad. Sent me two new ink pads and a reinker! Hope this helps.

ChrissyTina

Cherry Bing

bluejeans7 wrote:I ink all the time, rarely do I make a layout witout inking. LOL! I use the Color Box cat eye ink pads and I've had problems with them coming off and then I just reglue them with superglue. I've had problems with them shredding too but only because they were really old and I've used them sooooo much. One time recently I got a pad that shredded the first time I used it. I emailed Color Box, they said it sounded like it was a dry ink pad and they replaced my pad. Sent me two new ink pads and a reinker! Hope this helps.

I use mine all the time too. They've fallen off and have shredded, but that's because I use them on just about every page too.
Chrissy

bluejeans7

Bowl Full of Cherries

ChrissyTina wrote:
bluejeans7 wrote:I ink all the time, rarely do I make a layout witout inking. LOL! I use the Color Box cat eye ink pads and I've had problems with them coming off and then I just reglue them with superglue. I've had problems with them shredding too but only because they were really old and I've used them sooooo much. One time recently I got a pad that shredded the first time I used it. I emailed Color Box, they said it sounded like it was a dry ink pad and they replaced my pad. Sent me two new ink pads and a reinker! Hope this helps.

I use mine all the time too. They've fallen off and have shredded, but that's because I use them on just about every page too.
See! Just more proof how alike we are. LOL!

sherry

Cherry Bing

I ink alot, making cards, I haven't had the pad fall off on any of mine yet nor had them shred. I store them upside down, (from a tip on this forum!! :) ) Some seem juicier than others, other than that, no complaints.

Sweyo

Cherry Picker

I have had the same problem lately. I am going to switch brands!
Stephanie http://www.quiltedscrapper.blogspot.com/
Independent Close to My Heart Consultant

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

I only have shredding when I ink very stiff cardstock. It's like I'm giving the ink or chaulk pad a paper cut, and then it gets worse.

Lynda

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

yes I do ink a lot but I use all kinds and brands of ink so I hadnt noticed anything like that.

evilqueen

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I have had the pads fall off. I've never re glued it because it is too messy.
Here I come to save the day! Chas
I'm the crazy lizard lady
http://scrapinlizards.blogspot.com/

bluejeans7

Bowl Full of Cherries

evilqueen wrote:I have had the pads fall off. I've never re glued it because it is too messy.
I put the superglue on and then press down on the sides of the ink pad with toothpicks. LOL! Less mess. :winkb:

Ayla

Cherry Addict

I have some shred, but it's usually ones that I've had a long time. i do get a lot of use out of them!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

happayscrappay

Cherry Bing

Northern Brat wrote:....and if you do, have you been noticing that the "cats eye" Color Box chalk is sorta on the cheaper side, quality wise? I am finding the ink pad is shredding so much that I end up buying a new one before reinking it. I never had this problem!! The pad would fall off and I would have to reglue it, but the shredding is terrible!

how do you reglue? Mine fall off all the time and I haven't figured out a good way to get it back on.
Hi! I'm Rachel
My Blog: Happay Scraps

emarie803

Cherry Jubilee

I haven't had that problem, but I have noticed that the tops don't stay on very well...

gine

Cherry Garcia

I ink A LOT.... and I prefer to use the TH distress inks with the ink blending tool and foam pad... I sometimes use catseye's but have also found that they fall apart
Gine !!!

Image Image

http://ginesscraproom.blogspot.com

Organized people are just too lazy to look for things!!!

aceason

Cherry Bing

I ink everything! I teach scrapbook classes and they joke about all the inking we do. I use daubers to have more control and then if they shred I don't feel bad. I also started buying the Studio G ink pads at M's for $1 and have had lots of luck with those. I'm in love with the white and bought a bunch so I'm never without.

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

I've had a lot of them come off, too. At first, I thought I did something wrong... lol. Thanks for the superglue/toothpick trick.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

I do ink alot, but after the falling off re-glueing I pretty much stopped using the Cats eye inks.

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Thanks Angela, I think I will send them the shredded ones. My last three were awful!! Shredded within the first use!!!
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

happayscrappay wrote:
Northern Brat wrote:....and if you do, have you been noticing that the "cats eye" Color Box chalk is sorta on the cheaper side, quality wise? I am finding the ink pad is shredding so much that I end up buying a new one before reinking it. I never had this problem!! The pad would fall off and I would have to reglue it, but the shredding is terrible!

how do you reglue? Mine fall off all the time and I haven't figured out a good way to get it back on.
I just use the 3 and 1 glue and put the ink pad on with tweezers, and then mooch it down to stick with a paper. I have never had a problem with it falling off again.
Leslie
J - /6
ImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee