Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

diana

Sweet Cherry Pie

Getting Pictures Developed
I have about 80 rolls of 35mm film that I need to get developed. Can anyone recomend a place that is cheap and reliable.
Diana, Jet Noise The Sound of Freedom

need2scrap

Cherry Bing

Re: Getting Pictures Developed
OMGoodness - did I read right? 80 rolls.

we don't have alot of choices here, so I use a local store for developing. When I had film, I didn't like to 'send' it anywhere through the mail, just a thing I had about someone 'losing' it. Good luck in your search, and sorry I couldn't help.
*** Christi ***
Love to scrap - Need to scrap - Not enough time to scrap!!!

diana

Sweet Cherry Pie

Yep 80 rolls, I was thinking about starting my own dark room but then got a digital camera. My husband realized it would be cheaper to just buy me a camera than for me to keep on going with the 35mm, lol.
Diana, Jet Noise The Sound of Freedom

nun69

Cherry Jubilee

I would try Costco...
Image~Angie~

sherry

Cherry Bing

Or Sam's Club. Did you get a digital? I said I never would but I'd never go back to film, it's a waste. With digital you can just print the ones that are good, a real money saver.

nun69

Cherry Jubilee

sherry wrote: I said I never would but I'd never go back to film, it's a waste. With digital you can just print the ones that are good, a real money saver.
AMEN!!!!!!
Image~Angie~

amberella

Cherry Bomb

Holy smokes!
I bet it'll be fun going through those pictures when you get them developed, though... you'll probably find lots you forgot about!! :D
AmberImageImage
ImageImage

GRACEpunches5

Cherry Garcia

i would send them to snapfish!
[url=http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/:22hb4o89]http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/[/url:22hb4o89]

[color=#ff4080:22hb4o89]Feb. 2010 Crop: 14 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps
May 2010 Crop: 19 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[color=#bf0080:22hb4o89]August 2010 Crop: 9 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff8080:22hb4o89]November 2010: 10 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff4080:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g70/c ... -1-1-1.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://creative.ak.fbcdn.net/v41818/fly ... c52db0.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://pagemaps.com/images/blinkies/PMBlinkie88x33.gif[/img:22hb4o89]

MOM2SNOX

A Cherry on Top

Wow! That's a LOT of film! Is there a photography school nearby? I used to take my rolls of film to the local community college for the photo students and let them develop it. Most did it for free, I got the GREAT pics and didn't have to pay for duds :)
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!

katarria

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I've also had great luck with Snapfish, and prefer it over Shutterfly. I think 4x6 photos are somewhere around 9-10 cents apiece, but I haven't ordered from them in a couple of years. Have fun looking through all of those pics, though!!! That will be awesome to see so many memories all at once.

Oh, and speaking of "all at once"...

Send them in batches. That way if anything goes wrong with postage, handling, or developing...you only lose a small portion of the photos. I know someone who lost ALL of her honeymoon photos that way. :(
~Kathy
{hopelessly addicted}

Filling my basket with all of the new goodies :)

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

sherry wrote:Or Sam's Club. Did you get a digital? I said I never would but I'd never go back to film, it's a waste. With digital you can just print the ones that are good, a real money saver.

You can reject the ones that you get printed if you want to spend the time to look thru them. At least Walmart and Sams offer that.
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)

mysunshine

Cherry Bing

I love Snapfish quality too. I think they even post all your photos on your account digitally. (Not sure if that costs more or not though...)
- Angie - Come read my blog!

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Make sure you take or send them somewhere that has the correct "old school" technology or they may get ruined. I had the local photo place in the drugstore tell me they would put a note on it at to the age of the film and develop it accordingly. they returned to me 24 snaps of pink nothing. said film was too old for their machines (ie their machine ruined it because it needed to be developed by hand) Lost most of the pictures of my boys first trip to disneyland back in 1972.

maybe call the local community college and see who they recommend.

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee