anyone want to do a submitting challenge with me?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

ChrissyTina
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 221

Re: anyone want to do a submitting challenge with me?

Post by ChrissyTina »

I'll toss the idea around. I'm not sure if my confidence is up to magazine submission! :D However, what's the worst they can say?? No right? I'll think about it!
Chrissy

deerewife
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 483

Post by deerewife »

are there any that take items already posted?
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)
writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

I'd like to give this a try... even though I don't know if I'm "good" enough.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

Kimandasmo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 829

Post by Kimandasmo »

you can count me in as well.....really do want to do this more than I have in the past
SarahA
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 358

Post by SarahA »

I'm in, too! I have submitted already done pages in the past, but I would like to try to do some specifically for calls, too. I think I could tailor them more to what they're looking for, rather than something I already have that just fits. Does that make sense? lol!
Jenn Kellams
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 402

Post by Jenn Kellams »

I will give it a go.....this could be fun!
Jennifer K.
Personal Blog
milmomma
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 67

Post by milmomma »

I had about have a doz published layouts/projects last year! I have two magizines in which I'm in that I cherish. I Love the feeling. Its one of the best ego boosters every ladies! Its so worth it. And a lot of places publish all sorts of styles and talents, so don't think your not good enough! Everyone is! :)
I just had to put this in. I currently am working on my photo skills and can't say for sure I will try this evvvvvvvery month but will attempt to as often as I can remember. :-D
averys_mom
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 293

Post by averys_mom »

Alright, I'm in. I can at least try for the e-zines if nothing else!
imwickedwitch
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 545

Post by imwickedwitch »

I certainly wish everyone luck in this but I have to say that I can't take up the challenge.
Becky

Image Image Image
SherrieLynne
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 552

Post by SherrieLynne »

I would love to try this out. Since I have never done anything like that before I am clueless on how to do it. Can you explain how to? Thank you So Much, SherrieLynne
megamay
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 983

Post by megamay »

SherrieLynne wrote:I would love to try this out. Since I have never done anything like that before I am clueless on how to do it. Can you explain how to? Thank you So Much, SherrieLynne

it's easy, you go to the 'our little pub' folder here and read what calls are out, when they are due, and where to email. Then you send a photo of your work and some info to the email address that is listed - easy peasy!
fong33
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 204

Post by fong33 »

I have always been interested in submitting some of my LOs. so I think this may be just the prod I need to give it a try.
mysunshine
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 221

Post by mysunshine »

No way can I commit to every month, but my goal for the year will be to submit to a few.

For all of you who doubt your skill, take a look at some of the stuff that gets published. In many cases it is beautiful intricate work, but then sometimes I see stuff that really is nothing super special. For example, the "Royalty" picks in Paper Crafts last year. Several of those cards were nothing special in my opinion. I have no idea what criteria the judges used to pick them over what I am sure are 1000s of amazing submissions.
- Angie - Come read my blog!
lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 785

Post by lilkoala3 »

Ok, so do any publications still compensate you for your layouts? I know you used to get a few bucks from CK and SBEtc. I don't want to bother with submitting unless I could get some free stuff out of it! I wouldn't get any personal satisfaction from getting my work published because I already know my scrapbooking is AWESOME! I am my favorite scrapbooker, you know.
Leslie
megamay
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 983

Post by megamay »

lilkoala3 wrote:Ok, so do any publications still compensate you for your layouts? I know you used to get a few bucks from CK and SBEtc. I don't want to bother with submitting unless I could get some free stuff out of it! I wouldn't get any personal satisfaction from getting my work published because I already know my scrapbooking is AWESOME! I am my favorite scrapbooker, you know.

I don't think any of them give money. Maybe CK still does. but of the others, I know that one of them gives you a box of freebies, and most of the others you just get an issue or three of their publication. kinda lame - yeah. but I am planning to use publications as a stepping stone to other freebies from manufacturers. or at least that's the plan anyway.
Retiree3
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 5459

Post by Retiree3 »

Although I have very little confidence in my work, I'll give it a try.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

scrap-4-life
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 138

Post by scrap-4-life »

megamay wrote:
lilkoala3 wrote:Ok, so do any publications still compensate you for your layouts? I know you used to get a few bucks from CK and SBEtc. I don't want to bother with submitting unless I could get some free stuff out of it! I wouldn't get any personal satisfaction from getting my work published because I already know my scrapbooking is AWESOME! I am my favorite scrapbooker, you know.

I don't think any of them give money. Maybe CK still does. but of the others, I know that one of them gives you a box of freebies, and most of the others you just get an issue or three of their publication. kinda lame - yeah. but I am planning to use publications as a stepping stone to other freebies from manufacturers. or at least that's the plan anyway.
If you are into card making, Paper Crafts pays. Also, Scrapbooking and Beyond pays very well. You have to write out very detailed instructions and it's before you even know if it will be picked up. A lot of work but it can be worth it.
~Julie

http://www.joverby.blogspot.com/
Spellbinders DT

scrap-4-life
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 138

Post by scrap-4-life »

deerewife wrote:are there any that take items already posted?
Scrapbook Trends and Scrapbooking and Cards Today both will take stuff that has already been posted.
~Julie

http://www.joverby.blogspot.com/
Spellbinders DT

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”