Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

candykane

Sweet Cherry Pie

What do you use to store your scrap pieces of paper in?
I had a Creative memories folder that I held my paper scraps in. Today my son fell on it and now it is no longer usable. I was wondering what you all use to store your scraps in?
I don't mind the CM one but was wonding if there is something better out there.
ImageImage Layouts for Jan 2011
LayoutsImage for Feb.2011

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

Re: What do you use to store your scrap pieces of paper in?
I save my 12x12 zip bags or heavy duty page kit bags and sort my scraps by color in to those. Small bits go in smaller baggies in the big ones.

I have an accordion file that I keep the bags in.

I use more of my scraps by having them sorted out.
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

anazelia

Cherry Cola

big ziplock bags. mainly the ones that come with kit subscriptions.

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

I have 2 Iris 12 x 12 clear plastic boxes. One for white and the first half of the rainbow; the 2nd for black and the last half of the rainbow. If it's a pattern, I group by the predominant color. I mainly keep cardstock scraps.

Lynda

joeybrat2

Cherry Blossom

I actually use a DVD or recipe box, I have several in my craft cabinet. They stack nice, have a little window on them, and hold up well
×÷·.·´¯`·)»Joey«(·´¯`·.·÷×

MimaScraps/Lori

Cherry Bomb

file folder in file cabinet...
Lori aka "Mima"
Cherish Every Moment; Then Scrap Each One!
and
Sweet Spot Designs!!

scraptag

Cherry Cola

I had a crop n style paper taker that I grew out of (he he he) and now I store my scraps in there, by color. It's great, especially when I'm doing cards, or need a color for a Cricut project.

cort

Cherry Bing

I have one of the iris cases too....but I just can't seem to get papers organized the in a way that makes sense to me...was tempted to get a hanging file folder system but i probably wouldn't have that organized well either.
ImageImage

candykane

Sweet Cherry Pie

I guess I am not sure I have seen the Iris cases~
I will have to look into that

I do have a carring case 12x12 that I keep my card stock in. I bought it at a yard sale so I would have no idea even where to look for another one~
ImageImage Layouts for Jan 2011
LayoutsImage for Feb.2011

PezKat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

If I don't see it, I don't use it, plus when I kept them in stacks (or folders) they'd get damaged when I ruffled through. I have mine in a CD holder that hangs on the wall, with clear sleeves, sorted roughly by color.

This isn't the best pic but you get the idea:

Image Image

gonecamping

Cherry Garcia

PezKat wrote:If I don't see it, I don't use it, plus when I kept them in stacks (or folders) they'd get damaged when I ruffled through. I have mine in a CD holder that hangs on the wall, with clear sleeves, sorted roughly by color.

This isn't the best pic but you get the idea:

I like this idea!
***Tanya***

jannyf

Cherry Bing

Queen Mum wrote:I save my 12x12 zip bags or heavy duty page kit bags and sort my scraps by color in to those. Small bits go in smaller baggies in the big ones.

I have an accordion file that I keep the bags in.

I use more of my scraps by having them sorted out.
I do this too & it's extremely helpful. I definitely go to my scraps a lot more since they are organized!
- Jan

Dianedi

Cherry Garcia

I use one of the 3 drawer storage containers from Michaels. If I create more scraps but the container is full, then I throw them away so I don't become overwhelmed!

genggay

Cherry Blossom

this is really helpful. am thinking of getting my scraps organized...

SarahA

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I use cropper hopper files. One is cardstock, sorted by color. One is patterned paper with no organization.

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

I have plastic drawers in an organizer I bought from Walmart. I label the drawers by color. It's against the wall in back of me when I scrap. If I need a piece of paper I just turn around and open the drawers.

gncntry96

Cherry Blossom

I have a zippered accordian file I think I got at Hobby Lobby sorted by color, with one section for patterned paper. I try to start there when I'm getting ready to do a layout to see if anything in it works before I cut a new piece.
Rachel

Image Image

Ayla

Cherry Addict

I keep them in a plastic paper keeper, never use them, and periodically just get mad and throw the whole bunch of it out. Then I put the plastic keeper back wehre it was, put my scraps in it, and go thru the whole thing again.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

meteechtap

Cherry Cola

I have two large 10x10 accordian files with about 13 pockets each that I found at big lots for $10 each. I seperate by color, metallics, and pattern. I started with one, couldn't close it, on my second. I will soon need another. I use my scraps all the time and am sooo glad I have them!
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

SusanZennario

Cherry Bing

I have a tower of Iris Drawers and have my scraps sorted by solid/color and print/primary color. But before they make it into the drawers and sorted I have a big box under my desk where they go. Sorta like a staging area! I admit, I am more often digging through that box for something specific I KNOW I put in there recently.
Image ImageImage Image

Susan Zennario - NJ
Mommy of Johnny (20), Matt (14) and Susie (12)
My Blog - Paper Daisy Dreams

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee