Side Bar to Art_Teacher's Mega Meal Prep Post

Moderator: ACOT Employee

letumom
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 846

Side Bar to Art_Teacher's Mega Meal Prep Post

Post by letumom »

For those of you who have favorite recipes, do you have them in various cookbooks? Marked with sticky notes? On index cards handed down?

Or do you even try to pull them together into a cookbook that is a reflection of your creative scrapiness?

Just wondering....
Laurie

Scrappy69
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 76

Re: Side Bar to Art_Teacher's Mega Meal Prep Post

Post by Scrappy69 »

OPTION A: everywhere, in every form, no organization going on here. ha!
deerewife
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 483

Post by deerewife »

The ones I really like are rewritten onto index cards or marked with post-its in the cookbooks.
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)
koala1966
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 2526

Post by koala1966 »

I keep a stack of post-its in the kitchen. When I use a recipe in one of the many cookbooks I have it gets marked with a sticky note that records whether we liked it, any changes I made to the recipe, etc. That way I don't have to guess which recipe I liked and which I didn't when I go looking again.
LyndaKay
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 40

Post by LyndaKay »

Sticky notes in cookbooks, recipe cards in albums and a card file box, pages off the Internet stuffed into drawers.....in other words, NO ORGANIZATION at all! :?

Lynda
Grandma Flowers
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 5

Post by Grandma Flowers »

Mine are all in a recipe program on my laptop and printed in a notebook I have.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---
scrappie_stacie
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 184

Post by scrappie_stacie »

I LOVE to cook and I'm pretty anal about my recipes. I have an entire file drawer dedicated to them. I have manila folders set up for different categories... apps, beef, mexican, soups, salads, fish, breakfast, etc... I find alot of recipes online and print those off and throw them in. I watch alot of Food Network and if I see something that looks good I jump online and print the recipe. I subscribe to Cooking Light and always buy Rachel Ray's mag and go through them immediately and tear out recipes that interest me and file them away. If I make something from one of my hard cover cookbooks and we like it, I'll scan it in, print it and file it. Alot of recipes are family recipes that I've printed or handwritten and filed. I do intend to make "family" cookbooks scrapbook style and give them to my sisters and mom as gifts one of these years.

---------------------------------------------------------
scrappie_stacie
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 184

Post by scrappie_stacie »

koala1966 wrote:I keep a stack of post-its in the kitchen. When I use a recipe in one of the many cookbooks I have it gets marked with a sticky note that records whether we liked it, any changes I made to the recipe, etc. That way I don't have to guess which recipe I liked and which I didn't when I go looking again.

I do that too... I've actually got a couple of cookbooks that have "YUCK" written in them... LOL!

---------------------------------------------------------
meteechtap
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 318

Post by meteechtap »

Scrappy69 wrote:OPTION A: everywhere, in every form, no organization going on here. ha!

DITTO...LOL
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

amberella
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 39

Post by amberella »

I have typed all of my mom's old recipes (and the ones *I've* accumulated, too! :D) and put them in binders with clear page protectors, organized into categories. I gave my mom hers for Xmas and she was thrilled - no more searching for recipes! Plus, they hold up to the wear and tear of being used and dripped on and all that junk.. :) I would've made it more "pretty" but I wanted it to be practical and durable :)
AmberImageImage
ImageImage
Retiree3
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 5464

Post by Retiree3 »

I collect cookbooks so most of my favorite recipes are in various cookbooks. I usually mark my favoite recipes in each cookbook.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

kittymomma
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 341

Post by kittymomma »

I have them everywhere--marked with sticky notes, on index cards, etc...

I am slowly making our very favorites into a mini album. I actually am liking them in a scrapbook. if the page gets splashed--just wipe off the page protector and it is good to go!
AlwaysHappy
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 227

Post by AlwaysHappy »

Scrappy69 wrote:OPTION A: everywhere, in every form, no organization going on here. ha!
Same here, but I inspire to organize them someday. :winkb:
Image ImageImage

msseptmbr
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 45

Post by msseptmbr »

I get tons of recipes off the internet and lots of magazines too. I have a 3" 3 ring binder and lots of page protectors. I rip the pages out of mags and print from internet, toss the pages in the protectors... then throw away the mags... saves space.
scrap-o-holic
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 21

Post by scrap-o-holic »

I personally despise cooking but do it ocassionally bc I'm not rich:)

Anyway, several years ago my DD created a notebook and titled it "The Best Cookbook That Ever Existed", which included our favorite recipes. she typed them up with clipart to match the recipe and put into a page protector. It's about the only "cookbook" I use. A couple of years ago for christmas, I made her a copy of the cookbook and gave it to her.
Sometimes the one you think is your knight in shining armour might actually turn out to be a retard in tin foil!
Janell
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 588

Post by Janell »

I need to have a better system, I have a ton of cookbooks as well as a recipe card box. Maybe this thread will inspire me to get organized!
-If it's scrappy it makes me happy!
RitaS
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 299

Post by RitaS »

I have a boring 3 ring binder, separated by category (tabs). When I download a recipe, try it and love it it goes in the binder. I also have faves from Country Magazine that are in a recipe card holder, others hand written on recipe cards. These two are our go tos for family favorites.
Rita S

Life is about second chances. There would be no hope if God didn't give us another.

Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

Cooking? What's that?
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

GeriNY
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 15

Post by GeriNY »

Ayla wrote:Cooking? What's that?

LOL! I feel like that most days.
I also tried to organize my favorite recipes into a binder. Any recipe new or old that we like I scan and print, then put each into a page protector. This way when I can't decide what to make for dinner, I just pull out the binder and go through it until I find something to make for dinner. One thing I haven't done is organize them in the binder. I like the suggestion to organize by category which I will try.

Geralyn
Geralyn
Life is good, and even better when the SUN is shining! :)
wahoo_mom
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 195

Post by wahoo_mom »

AlwaysHappy wrote:
Same here, but I inspire to organize them someday. :winkb:

That's me too!
Heidi
Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”