Double Sided Paper Conundrum...

Moderator: ACOT Employee

lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 785

Re: Double Sided Paper Conundrum...

Post by lilkoala3 »

Well, for all the difficult choices that arise, I still think double-sided is better than one-sided anyday.
Leslie
koala1966
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 2526

Post by koala1966 »

Yeah, I just buy two if I love both sides. :bluelol: I didn't with my Bisous, shame on me, and ended up making a layout on both sides of the paper because I couldn't choose. Sometimes if I really love it I buy 5. Or 10. :bluelol: It's definitely a problem, lol.
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1749

Post by beachlover »

amberella wrote:So, double sided paper seems like an awesome idea, right? It's getting more for your money!

But... whenever I get double sided paper I feel like I have to use it ONLY as the background, and do a LO on each side, which is obviously a pain! This gets especially bad when i really like both sides, or if I have an idea and WANT to cut it to use in different places but... I just... I can't!

Does anyone else get this way, or am I really just crazy?
LOL! this is exactly why I automatically purchase TWO of every double sided paper!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

SusanZennario
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 357

Post by SusanZennario »

I never even THOUGHT to scrap on both sides of the paper. I'm going to have to seriously consider this now!!!! Usually if I REALLY like both sides I will buy TWO sheets of the same paper!
Image ImageImage Image

Susan Zennario - NJ
Mommy of Johnny (20), Matt (14) and Susie (12)
My Blog - Paper Daisy Dreams
shayla_rose
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 125

Post by shayla_rose »

Laura Fiore wrote:
EarthMom wrote:
mysunshine wrote:This particular sheet makes me mad! Why did they offset the two sides? The back you can't see is 4 journal spots - quadrants. If you cut any of the middle spots on the front, you can't use the other side at all! They could have arranged both sides to be easily cut into quadrants, but they didn't. WHY??? It's obviously intended to be used in pieces, not as a background at all!

You still can use it, you just have to be creative. For example, if you cut the count your blessing part out, but wanted to use the blue bracketed part from the back...I would use what part of it hasn't been cut out, and use it as a journaling block butted up next to a photo or mat...that way I've actually used both!

I like the way you think Nancy! I probably would have ditched the backside because I would think I needed those bracket frames whole, but really, you could easily use half of the sheet as a journaling spot, add a strip of paper where you've cut off the portion and it would look like you just covered it up! Stagger a photo over the cut off edge and it looks like it's meant to be that way, right?
Oh my goodness love this idea!! I have some pp like this and didn't even think of tucking a side I usually just pick the side I want more lol, but now I can have it all!! lol
AmyTeets
Digital Designers
Gallery: 368

Post by AmyTeets »

Digi Paper files are JPG's. You don't need photoshop. If you can view/print pictures which are also jpgs on your computer you can view/print digi papers. With that being said, I always buy two of the same double sided papers :D
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!
anazelia
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 803

Post by anazelia »

I used to be more cautious when using pretty paper, or double sided paper. Not any more. I just do what I want to it and not worry about the other side. If I worry to much, then I never use it and it just sits there.

I do save all my scraps and keep them in a folder, and when I need half sheets or other bits, I search through them.
sakura-panda
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 48

Post by sakura-panda »

I buy the paper because I like the design, and if I like the other side, then I buy two. ;) OR, I'll use something else for the background and cut up the double sided paper and use both sides.

Does that mean you don't use the back of your single sided PP for white paper?
~ Katie ~

handerful
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 430

Post by handerful »

amberella wrote:
Scrappy69 wrote:Get out of my head! I swear I do the exact same thing!!!!

Hahaha! I also sit there and look at the paper ant think "But it's too pretty to cover up!!! :( "

I do that, too... but then I tell myself that I supposedly BOUGHT it to USE.. so GET TO IT! lol
Image Image
RACHEL
Firegems
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 15

Post by Firegems »

If I really like a double sided sheet I usually end up buying at least 2 .... And that is why I have 5 crates of paper sitting at home with no motivation to use it LOL...... Don't be afraid to cut it up... Use it to it's full advantage. YOu can do it.
Firegems
JDs Mom
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 424

Post by JDs Mom »

Uhm...anybody for a nice acrylic album???!!!! That'll solve yer' double-sided problem!
Carol

ACOT May 2010 Digi Guest CT

formerly CT for Merkeley Designs, Sus Designs and E-scape and Scrap...

Tezzaa
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 4

Post by Tezzaa »

I do pretty much the same as so many others said before me -- I buy two of double sided papers that I just have to have! I had such an immense stash in Aus because I would buy papers that we soooo pretty -- but then couldn't bring myself to use them lol..now I only have a few double ups & I plan on using them (maybe lol)

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”