Stamps. Help in the organizing of them please?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

ajkulig
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 47

Stamps. Help in the organizing of them please?

Post by ajkulig »

Stamp organization.

Help, help I can't swim, HOLLY CRAP I'm drowning.

For people who have a lot of stamps- and a lot of stamp stuff. Ink, tools, cleaners, blocks, etc. WHAT THE HECK DO YOU DO WITH IT ALL?

This is the month I am moving to a larger room and we are trying to be smart about the lay out and storage to avoid the clutter taking over like it's prone too. The only problem is I have collected a lot of stamp goods. Years before I ever even dreamed of owning a cricut I used to buy AT LEAST one stamp set every time I went to Micheals and every time for 2 years I croped at Archiver's 2-4 times A MONTH I bought an Alpha set!!!

And now my stamps take up this:

A XL 3 drawer cart.
2 medium rubbermaid totes
2 clothes to my heart cubes
1 medium moving box
2 soft cubes from Target
1 scrapbooking stamp tote
and all the ones that just lay about

I need a game plan.

It has to be some thing that can be expanded upon. It doesn't have to be all the same type of organizer because I can organize the different kinds of stamps differently. I really liked the ones I saw on Scrapbooks Etc. where they look like old timey suitcases but I would need a whole room full of just those. Plus all my alphas take up a lot of space so they will need a big organizer all to themslves. Maybe like a file cabinet?

I have a lot of space to work with, and other than paper I am expecting this to take up the most space. Even more than my embellies and tools combined. Ideas?
Find my books here. See the mom (crafting, cooking, organizing, and homeschooling) side of me here. {Under construction}
milmomma
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 67

Re: Stamps. Help in the organizing of them please?

Post by milmomma »

This middle thingy is neat! You could put them in the boxes :)
http://www.hgtv.com/organizing/organize ... age-2.html

But personally I love this one!
scrappie_stacie
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 184

Post by scrappie_stacie »

I was going to recommend something like this, but then I read how much stuff you have.... holy smokes!

This is what I use, but I don't have any near what you do! And Brittney I'm drooling over those scraprooms you posted... WOW!

---------------------------------------------------------
jcsmaestra
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 930

Post by jcsmaestra »

I wouldn't know where to begin with all those stamps. I only have a fraction of that. BUT, I do have a lot of ink pads. I organize them in small drawers by color. I just pile them on top of each other, upside down. It's easy to find the pad I want.
Mary           Love is all around you.

ImageImage  Image Image Image

milmomma
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 67

Post by milmomma »

scrappie_stacie wrote: And Brittney I'm drooling over those scraprooms you posted... WOW!

Thanks, I am in love with the second one. After selling all my cubes and over 3/4ths of my stash. When we get back to the states I'm so gonna invest in something like that. A properly organized workstation is cruietal(sp) to my inspiration ;) And I love red and black!
imwickedwitch
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 545

Post by imwickedwitch »

I don't have near that many either so I'm not sure what to tell you. Mine are in rolling drawers (dark wood furniture) that I bought at Hobby Lobby.
Becky

Image Image Image
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

I stumbled across an old wooden cassette tape shelf at Goodwill a while back, and it's *perfect* for ink pads! Each one gets its own little cubby hole, so there's no disrupting of stacks when you take one out. It can sit on a shelf or hang on the wall.
Image Image
mkcdaisy
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 616

Post by mkcdaisy »

I don't know if you have the acrylic or the old wood block ones but my aunt sold for close to my heart before they went acrylic so I have a TON of the wood post ones. I have them stored in pizza boxes (not used ones of course) and they are under the guest bed. I have a little book that shows what is in each box and the boxes are numbers for easy access.
scraptag
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 567

Post by scraptag »

Great thread. I don't use too many stamps, and those that I have are all over the place. I'll be watching this thread to see what I can drool over.
Love the top two storage solutions, though. And the pizza box idea sounds great, too.
ajkulig
Cherry Bing

Post by ajkulig »

mkcdaisy wrote:I don't know if you have the acrylic or the old wood block ones but my aunt sold for close to my heart before they went acrylic so I have a TON of the wood post ones. I have them stored in pizza boxes (not used ones of course) and they are under the guest bed. I have a little book that shows what is in each box and the boxes are numbers for easy access.

I don't have any ctmh wood stamps but I do have my fair share of wood ones too.

I definatly think I could use some kind of guide so that I did not have to dig.
Find my books here. See the mom (crafting, cooking, organizing, and homeschooling) side of me here. {Under construction}
harper828
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 16

Post by harper828 »

Great thread!

I'm starting to collect stamps and mine are unorganized as well. I wish I had the room to recreate the above design ideas.
Live, Love and Create
SBcrazee
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 28

Post by SBcrazee »

Acrylic stamps you can store in CD cases & use a CD rack or in binders like this.

Here's another link http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/200 ... stamp.html
ImageImage
ctmhdanielle
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 1

Post by ctmhdanielle »

I keep my stamps in baskets. I have a bunch in a Medium Market Basket from Longaberger, the mini ones are in a little basket that I picked up at Mashall's and I have my alphas in a big plastic basket that I picked up from Target. I have a few wood stamps and they're in a basket too. I hope this helps.
With God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26
http://polka-dot-scrapper.blogspot.com/

Retiree3
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 5459

Post by Retiree3 »

SBcrazee wrote:Acrylic stamps you can store in CD cases & use a CD rack or in binders like this.

I really like this idea.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

ajkulig
Cherry Bing

Post by ajkulig »

Retiree3 wrote:
SBcrazee wrote:Acrylic stamps you can store in CD cases & use a CD rack or in binders like this.

I really like this idea.

I have one of these, but how do you have many of them? Because they don't keep their shap very well?

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”