Need Garland advise.

Moderator: ACOT Employee

scraptag
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 567

Need Garland advise.

Post by scraptag »

I bought those tree shaped chipboard from Michaels for $1. I want to make some garland out of them to string across the living room wall, and put a word or two on them, like Merry Christmas or Noel or something. the hole is on the top of the tree, but would you use that hole or make holes on the side of them to center them more on the string. I'm trying to visualize what it would look like and if it would look better repositioning the holes. What do you think?
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 439

Re: Need Garland advise.

Post by -Tracy- »

Yup. I'd put the holes on the sides and you can cover the existing holes with a star at the top of the tree. :)
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.
ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 561

Post by ScrapGoo »

My only concern with centering the holes in the sides of the trees would be them laying right. If you are putting it against a wall you can always flip them to the correct side if they switch to the wrong one but if it is dangling anywhere just make sure that your trees don't flip upside down. You'll want the bottom to weigh more than the top. :-D
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 439

Post by -Tracy- »

ScrapGoo wrote:My only concern with centering the holes in the sides of the trees would be them laying right. If you are putting it against a wall you can always flip them to the correct side if they switch to the wrong one but if it is dangling anywhere just make sure that your trees don't flip upside down. You'll want the bottom to weigh more than the top. :-D

Oh yeah, I wouldn't center them perfectly either, I'd keep them higher than center. I'm just thinking they may lay better if they are hooked up on the sides, kwim?
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.
baltoscrapper
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 358

Post by baltoscrapper »

aww, look at that 3d ultrasound!!!! So cute Jess!

Oh and for the tree, "ditto".
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!
naney1952
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 8

Post by naney1952 »

I think the sides too.....it'll make it more stable.
Jane ImageImage Image
LOYAL COLTS FAN
Nikki_E
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 19

Post by Nikki_E »

Holes on the sides would be better I think if they are hanging against the wall.
Nikki

When you see me with a smile on my face, then you'll know I'm a mental case. ~ Alice Cooper
Flapdoodle
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 3

Post by Flapdoodle »

I'm visualizing hanging them from the top holes (after embellishing them, of course) at intervals from a cute rag-tied ribbon garland.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, go find an annoying person with paper cuts.
scrapbelle
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 51

Post by scrapbelle »

Flapdoodle wrote:I'm visualizing hanging them from the top holes (after embellishing them, of course) at intervals from a cute rag-tied ribbon garland.
Flap I was thinking the same thing.....
Image Image
Flapdoodle
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 3

Post by Flapdoodle »

scrapbelle wrote:
Flapdoodle wrote:I'm visualizing hanging them from the top holes (after embellishing them, of course) at intervals from a cute rag-tied ribbon garland.

NO WAY?!?!?!?! Great minds! If you do it that way, I wanna see it, please??? :-D
ImageIf life gives you lemons, go find an annoying person with paper cuts.
scrapbelle
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 51

Post by scrapbelle »

Flapdoodle wrote:
scrapbelle wrote:

NO WAY?!?!?!?! Great minds! If you do it that way, I wanna see it, please??? :-D
YES WAY!!!! LOL!!
Image Image
ncokely
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 601

Post by ncokely »

I made a Christmas garland last year that has pretty large pieces and all the holes were punched in the top. I tied lots of fabric pieces in between. I just didn't take a picture of it. Sorry
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

scraptag
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 567

Post by scraptag »

Oh, all great ideas. I have my work cut out for me. I'm really excited to get this project done. I bought the mittens and the ornaments too. I'm not sure if I'm just going to make ornaments for the grandparents or do more garland. :-D

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”