Tools of the trade (Adhesive)

Moderator: ACOT Employee

1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Re: Tools of the trade (Adhesive)

Post by 1grandma »

I finally have my ATG up and running, but I still use Zots a lot.
Bibi
genggay
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 93

Post by genggay »

SarahA wrote:This is my true scrapbooking love :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :

lucky you...i have always been wanting one of this...
GRACEpunches5
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 575

Post by GRACEpunches5 »

i am in LOVE LOVE LOVE with the glue glider pro (pink one). it's so easy to use and replace the refills:-)
[url=http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/:22hb4o89]http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/[/url:22hb4o89]

[color=#ff4080:22hb4o89]Feb. 2010 Crop: 14 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps
May 2010 Crop: 19 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[color=#bf0080:22hb4o89]August 2010 Crop: 9 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff8080:22hb4o89]November 2010: 10 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff4080:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g70/c ... -1-1-1.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://creative.ak.fbcdn.net/v41818/fly ... c52db0.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://pagemaps.com/images/blinkies/PMBlinkie88x33.gif[/img:22hb4o89]
Judes
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by Judes »

I use the CM two-sided tape for things that are heavy and need a good hold.
I use Hermafix, or whatever it is called now, for the most stuff.
I use Dotto for light-weight stuff like regular paper.
I use Zig two-way pens for little pieces and letters.
I also use the CM glue pen for little pieces and letters.
[font=Arial:ohrhf522]Pages completed in 2010: 179
Pages completed in 2011: 121
An ideologue knows he's right. A person of faith knows only that he doesn't know. ----Walter Gustafson, Everett. From Seattle Times, Letters to the Editor, 26 Mar 2007.[/font:ohrhf522][/size:ohrhf522][/font]
genggay
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 93

Post by genggay »

I use UHU glue, Zip and Kokuyu glue. ATG is one of my wishlist
JulesinParadise
Tiki Bar Mgr
Gallery: 349

Post by JulesinParadise »

I have a Pro Glu Glider and love it. It is so easy to change cartridges. For heavy duty altered projects I use either Scrappy Glue or Zip glue. I use a Tombow glue pen for tiny spots and, of course, my Xyrons.
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE
scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Post by scrapy1967 »

I just bought me a pro glider and I love it! It is so easy to change the refills and if you have a hobby lobby they have the refills on sale alot.:-D
ImageImage 

TraciL
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 238

Post by TraciL »

My ultimate choice is still "Scrapbook Adhesives E-Z Runner" but it's getting a little expensive. Currently it is $5.99 most places w/out a coupon and I think it's only 28 feet. But, it doesn't tear for me.

I might go out and try to find one of those guns and lift it, just not sure if my old bones can handle it. I have to save up my wrists for playing on here.
JeanG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 5

Post by JeanG »

I ordered the tape from QVC that uses the Wacky Widget...I must have been insane or drunk, because I ordered it 3 years ago and still have 4 rolls of it left! It's messy to work with...or maybe I'm just too klutzy, but when I finally get it all use, I'm never going back there again. I figure by then I'll have saved up for the ATG.
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.
jannyf
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 148

Post by jannyf »

I'm a Tombow girl myself. Then I use glue dots and for small things - my Zig pen!
- Jan

geswho40
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 8

Post by geswho40 »

I'm wondering how many of you have this and if you would recommend it or not.
I see a few of you have it and love it, but are there any of you that bought it and decided that you don't like it? and why.
ImageImageImageImage
meteechtap
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 318

Post by meteechtap »

I like to have a variety! I have glue sticks, tape runners, vellum sticky, liquid scapping glue, and dots! Somethings seem to work better on certain things.
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

ctmhdanielle
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 1

Post by ctmhdanielle »

I use CM for just about everything. I like Zots for ribbon, and I love all of the dots, especially pop ups. In the future I would love to have an ATG gun.
With God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26
http://polka-dot-scrapper.blogspot.com/

geswho40
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 8

Post by geswho40 »

[quote="geswho40"]I'm wondering how many of you have this and if you would recommend it or not.
I see a few of you have it and love it, but are there any of you that bought it and decided that you don't like it? and why.
ImageDoes anyone know the difference between this and the pro glider that others are talking about ?
ImageImageImageImage
greenmatter
Cherry Picker

Post by greenmatter »

Jeanne M wrote:ummmm the paste button on my computer but I used to love the glue pen for little letters and suchImagehttp://www.acherryontop.com/cat/adhesives/96414

LOL...copy, cut, paste...apple/z
Scrappilicious! :)
kennabeans
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 39

Post by kennabeans »

ImageThis is the Glue Glider Pro. It is much much smaller. I love it so much that I have 2 of them. They sell several different tapes to go in them but my favorite is perma tac.
ImageImageImage
sakura-panda
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 48

Post by sakura-panda »

geswho40 wrote:I'm wondering how many of you have this and if you would recommend it or not.

This is my favorite; however, the store where I purchase refills is closing and I haven't come up with a new supplier yet. I'm almost through my last roll! :(

I do not know much about the Glue Glider Pro, although I have considered getting one for those times when I run out of adhesive and can't get more. (Hasn't happened yet -- I always order extra refills when I know I'll be cropping -- but I'm always afraid that if I'm not prepared, I will be stuck without a good adhesive!) I noticed Hobby Lobby has refills and there is one near the place that I crop.

My second favorite adhesive is by Kokuyo, but I haven't seen those refills anywhere locally either.
~ Katie ~

sakura-panda
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 48

Post by sakura-panda »

So I scanned the rest of the thread and I see a lot of people call out the ATG as their favorite. Which makes me think they are sold here, but I looked on the front page of the store and I didn't see a category for adhesives or tools or anything like that. :? Am I looking in the wrong place?

Edited to add: I looked again and found "Shop by Company" and there they were under 3M! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: I must not have looked very hard when I searched before.

Yay! I have a refill source again. :)
~ Katie ~

Alissa103
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 33

Post by Alissa103 »

I LOVE :inlove: my Xyron Cheetah (the 2" one). Can't scrap without it!!! I also love glue dots, the red tape runner by 3L and Scotch Quick Dry Liquid Adhesive for other gluing needs :winkb:
ScrapKaty
Cherry Tart

Post by ScrapKaty »

I love my glue dots....and some little adhesive dispenser I received in a "goodie bag"...can't remember the brand, but it's cool!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”