We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

harper828

Cherry Bing

Printer Recommendation
Hi All

I'm looking for a new color printer. Any recommedations. I would like an all-in-one (fax, copier, scanner..etc) I definitely need to work on my journaling and start printing out pictures again.

Thanks!!
Live, Love and Create

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Printer Recommendation
I'd like to know because I want a new printer as mine died and is can't be repaired. I want a photo printer only as I've got a great Laser jet general printing.

AnnOminous

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I've got a wide format HP Deskjet 9800. It's a lemon!!! I've had HP printers before that were good, but HP's tech support is so horrid I will never buy from them again!!

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

I love my Epson wide format printer R1800! But, if you don't want one that big, I don't know what photo printer is best. We have a Canon and it prints very well, but I hate it because it only looks good with Canon paper...can't buy anything else. What a pain!
Laura
 Image    Image         

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

I'd love a wide format printer. I have an Epson regular printer right now that I'm very happy with. I have a Canon 4-in-1 that is okay but nothing special. I use it just to scan.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

ImCanadian

Sweet Cherry Pie

DON'T buy a Brother MFCC-490CW Printer. It is a 4 in 1 printer and the scanner is awful!! I have had a HP 930C for about 5 years now and it still works like it was brand new. I'm sure this model isn't out there anymore but we have had good luck with HP. We are still using our first HP laser jet printer that we bought over 12 years ago. It works like a charm.

montana_girl

Cherry Bomb

I don't have a big printer, but the Lexmark I have is a printer, scanner, copier... and it's wireless which makes it nice to use with my laptop. It prints out pictures pretty good -- as long as remember to watch the ink levels! LOL
Stacy

PurpleGoddess

Cherry Blossom

I have the Epson R1800 also and I absolutely love it!!!!
It all depends on how much you want to spend (DH gave to me for Christmas!Such a sweetie I have) and how much you would use it. I print out paper 12 x12 with pictures I have taken to use as background paper and it is fabulous. (Now I take pictures and look for angles I can use as backgrounds.)

And I have gotten LOTS of comments on how good regular pics turn out on it.

I have some pics from Longwood Gardens up in my cubicle at work (just the pics...I haven't scrapped them yet)...but the pics are 10 x12 and came out so good....I feel like I am at the gardens whenever I look at them.

And anyone who comes to my desk just stops in their tracks and looks at the pics Heeee, gives me a chance to prepare for their questions and it puts them in a good mood before they talk to me...

However, it is a serious commitment.

It has 8 ink cartridges including a glossy one for pics for a very professional look ($15. each in PA) Lasts me about 6 months depending on what I am printing and how much.

If you are serious about printing, then go for the gold standard...the Epson R1800...(they should pay me for the advertising, right?)

(Diane gets down off her soapbox and puts it back in the closet and goes off to print pics of her grandchildren at the beach...)

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

AnnOminous wrote:I've got a wide format HP Deskjet 9800. It's a lemon!!! I've had HP printers before that were good, but HP's tech support is so horrid I will never buy from them again!!

I know I'm bringing this back to the top! I felt the need to make another comment!

I thank everyone for their responses! Like Ann, my HP turned out to be a lemon after at least ten HP printers used by us in our business and home that have been work horses! They are really good printers, I just had problems with this one. After finally getting irate with DS this summer I asked him to troubleshoot mine. It isn't the printer it is the USB port that has failed. Not replaceable.

I also agree with Ann, if you don't want to deal with a totally inept tech support team in India, then don't buy from HP. I'm considering HP and Epson. I'll be contacting Epson Sales to see where their tech support is and HP to see but don't expect to have any better Tech Support.

For those who do have HP and need to contact someone who can speak to you like an American with the nuances of our language. Call Tech support, remain firm and tell them you want a supervisor, then tell the supervisor you need a human from the US to call you to answer your questions. Be firm. I've always ended up screaming mad at the person who answers in India. I eventually have gotten what I want and graciously what I need from an individual in the US.

Thank you so much for the comments. I've taken all comments into consideration.

MOM2SNOX

A Cherry on Top

killarney_rose wrote:If you don't want to deal with a totally inept tech support team in India, then don't buy from HP.

*sigh* Gotta love "out-sourcing", eh?
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee