Scraps... what do you do with them?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Re: Scraps... what do you do with them?

Post by sdwhru »

I keep for a little bit - depends on what size they are - the rest gets tossed!!!
1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

Al go together in a 12x12 project enevelope. Easy to see and very handy. No system of color or pp.
Bibi
sherry
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1

Post by sherry »

I have a drawer in my multi-drawer storage thingie labeled for scrap paper pieces. I just throw them in there. If it is a big scrap, I keep it with the rest of the paper by that manufacturer. I use them on other scrapbook pages and more recently I have begun making cards and they are great for that!
terri04
Cherry Bing

Post by terri04 »

I have folders by color & color/patterned. someday I will make cards with all of these scraps. In the mean time I have dug into them to find pieces to use on current layouts, especially if I just need a small piece.
1LuckyMom
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 155

Post by 1LuckyMom »

I have those clear upright cropper hopper folders - one for each grouping of papers in my organizing system - and I slide all scraps (that I think are big enough to keep) into the appropriate folder. I hope that's clearer than mud, lol!
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Post by Queen Mum »

I sort them by color in big zip bags. Smaller pieces (up to 3x3, the smallest size I can use in my cricut) go in smaller baggies.

I use them so much more this way.
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)
GRACEpunches5
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 575

Post by GRACEpunches5 »

save the big ones, and the kids get the little ones.
[url=http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/:22hb4o89]http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/[/url:22hb4o89]

[color=#ff4080:22hb4o89]Feb. 2010 Crop: 14 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps
May 2010 Crop: 19 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[color=#bf0080:22hb4o89]August 2010 Crop: 9 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff8080:22hb4o89]November 2010: 10 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff4080:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g70/c ... -1-1-1.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://creative.ak.fbcdn.net/v41818/fly ... c52db0.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://pagemaps.com/images/blinkies/PMBlinkie88x33.gif[/img:22hb4o89]
ammielou
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 263

Post by ammielou »

I keep them, I've got drawers full. But hardly ever use them.
})i({ *´¨)
¸.• ´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•' Amy T * })i({

Image Image Image 
Firegems
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 15

Post by Firegems »

Mine are in folders by color. after I get a lot of scraps then I got hru and cut them down by size of a mat and any decent strips are kept for cards the rest are tossed
Firegems
montana_girl
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 280

Post by montana_girl »

I save all my scraps and have them organized by color in large ziplock bags. I try to use them when I don't need a full sheet of paper. I have way to much and need to train myself to throw the smaller pieces out!
Stacy
BeatrizS
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 222

Post by BeatrizS »

I have mine separated patterned paper and cardstock are separate then by color. Red cardstocks in on 12x 12 bag and then red PP in another 12x12 then i have pinks .. cardstocks and then pp and so on. the are all standing up in a wicker basket which used to be a hanging file basket. Hope that explanation didn't confuse you all cause it sure confused me.
Nikki_E
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 19

Post by Nikki_E »

I can't bear to throw them away!
Nikki

When you see me with a smile on my face, then you'll know I'm a mental case. ~ Alice Cooper
purplewhale
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 19

Post by purplewhale »

Wow! Some fantastic ideas brought up here! Personally I do the 12x12 plastic zippered bag thingy and organize them by color. Then I store the plastic bags in a vertical Cropper Hopper paper storage thingy. Works superbly for me.

Warmest,

-L
June Layout Challenge: 0/5 Paper Layouts, 2/2 Cards

2_maybe_3
Cherry Blossom

Post by 2_maybe_3 »

JustJessa wrote:I put them in a box...then when I need something I dig!

that is so my system right there! When I go to do a LO/project, I check my scraps first to see if I can use something before I cut a new sheet.
MiasMommy
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 158

Post by MiasMommy »

Mine are stored my size. I have them in 3 different baskets. Larger, small and them the really small pieces I like to keep just in case I like the color and want to get more I dont have to take the whole sheet of paper to the store to get more to match it with.
Christina
nun69
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1549

Post by nun69 »

I have no rhyme or reason to my scraps and most of the time, I just toss them!!!! because I never seem to go back to them!!!!
Image~Angie~
anazelia
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 803

Post by anazelia »

it depends on how big the scrap is. if it is big enough to use again, I save it. If I deem it too small or something I toss it. I do use scraps quite often.
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 1270

Post by Laura Fiore »

your mess sounds exactly like my mess...sorry, I'm no help at all!
JulianaM
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 259

Post by JulianaM »

I save mine too, but lately I have been trying to use them up to make a card or something after I finish a LO. I have a draw for cardstock and and one for patterned paper. I just recently went through mine and cleared out a ton of "old" scraps and put them in a box to use to make some cards.
scrap-o-holic
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 21

Post by scrap-o-holic »

I don't hoard scraps like I used to b/c I found that I just didn't use them. Now my rule of thumb is (like someone else posted) I don't keep anything smaller than 4x6. I try, although not always successful, to make a card or two out of the scraps from the project I just finished up. That way I get some cards made and hardly any scrap paper left to store. This helps with cleaning up too!
Sometimes the one you think is your knight in shining armour might actually turn out to be a retard in tin foil!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”