We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

Cherry Blossom

White Board Instructions
Ok, for those of you that have asked...here is instructions for creating the white board project I posted.

First you need to buy a white board. They come in all shapes, sizes and formats. Mine came with the grid imprinted on it but you could do this with a permanent marker or detail tape.

I measured the size of the squares and cut papers to size or used die cuts that would fit into the spots. Tip: if you are going to use rub ons on your squares as I did, put the rubon direct on the paper because I only found one brand of rubon that would transfer onto laminate.

I cut papers to size for days of the week and added the days with rubons.

I then ran the squares, die cuts, etc; through my xyron machine using the magnetic/laminate cartridge.

I covered thin chipboard with paper, inked and then also ran these through the xyron using the magnetic/laminate cartridge.

I applied rubons directly to the white board in various spots.

I glued ribbon (used glue lines but you could use any good and tacky glue) around the border of the frame and then used my knife to cut the ribbon at the correct angle.

I put large brads through prima flowers and then used glue dots to adhere in corners.

I used glue dots to adhere the metal corners from ATB as well.

Have fun playing!!!

ajkulig

Cherry Bing

Re: White Board Instructions
Wow, that is so awesome!! You have totally inspired me :greeninlove:
Find my books here. See the mom (crafting, cooking, organizing, and homeschooling) side of me here. {Under construction}

1grandma

Cherry Addict

what a great project! I need something like this to keep me on schedule.
Bibi

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

awesome --thanks for sharing

Cimorosete

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Thats awesome, TFS!!
((¸¸.·´*~Treasa·´*¨¨))
May LOs-
My Blog

ImageImageImageImage

fong33

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Super nice! Quick question, can you write and erase on the squares that you decorated because they are laminated now? or do you post notes on those dates?

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

Very cool!
Leslie

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

Thanks for the instructions...this is gorgeous!

SBcrazee

Cherry Jubilee

Super cool! Tfs.
ImageImage

ElsieB

Wild Cherry

That is a really cute project! Thanks!
Elsie

Cherry Blossom

RE: Super nice! Quick question, can you write and erase on the squares that you decorated because they are laminated now? or do you post notes on those dates?

It depends on the type of white board pen. If the pen tends to leave marks on the white board itself than I wouldn't do it. Others that wipe off super easy are ok. (more of a dry pen)

I normally just attach stickies to them or move the magnetic squares around if I need to use one of the spots.

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee