Tell me about your scrappy space

Moderator: ACOT Employee

skinnimini
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 140

Tell me about your scrappy space

Post by skinnimini »

We are getting ready to start on our addition to our house which is going to include a scrap/craft room for me! I am so excited, but a little overwhelmed by trying to plan it out. I really want it to be functional and user friendly. So tell me about your scrap space. Show me some pictures if you have them! What is your favorite thing in your room? What is your favorite organizational piece? What is in your room furniture/organization-wise that you can't live without? I need some ideas on where to start! Going from a little corner of the living room to my own room is going to be quite a transition for me!
baltoscrapper
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 358

Re: Tell me about your scrappy space

Post by baltoscrapper »

I have this old wall unit, which I love because I can organize many things, all within 1 unit. Dianagirly also re-did a china closet, which she uses in her scrap room. IT's a great way to re-purpose a piece of old furniture on the cheap!

Of course, if dh is willing to go all "custom" on your room, I'd have different ideas!
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!
JulesinParadise
Tiki Bar Mgr
Gallery: 349

Post by JulesinParadise »

You have seen mine Deb...at least pics of it. What I love the most is the counter top work space. It cleans up easily and I love the depth and length (30 inches x 7 feet or so). I also like the fact I can close the closet doors on the shelves of paper and projects and that storage is behind closed cabinet doors for the most part. This room doubles as a second guest room when we have overflow company and I have to be able to "hide" stuff.
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE
Janshotgun
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 88

Post by Janshotgun »

I have a seperate room in the basement with a large window. I painted it a calming light blue and have bearber carpet on the floor.

My favorite thing is my old kitchen counter which is 8 feet long and mounted at counter height with a barstool to sit at. I have shelves above it and it's deep enought to be lined with all kinds of supplies and still have a great workspace. Rolling drawer units can fit under it.

I also have a farm table with chair for extra workspace and all kinds of bookcases and shelves with 3 drawer plastic units sitting on them. I have a small tv on the counter and a space heater underneath.
Jan - trying to find my way

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

Post by MOM2SNOX »

I moved a lot of stuff around but ending up staying with one of the smaller bedrooms. It suits me for the time being but I'd love to have a more organized system in place.

Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!
jaziscrapper
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 152

Post by jaziscrapper »

Here are photos of my scrap studio. The best part is it was all purchased at Lowe's. Image

I really love my scrapping area as it has drawers and I can either sit or stand while scrapping.

Good luck and have fun planning.
MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

Post by MOM2SNOX »

Oooooo Jan! I'm totally digging your pegboard on the wall! You got that from Lowes too!? Sweeeeeet!
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!
scrappindianeh
Cherry Tart

Post by scrappindianeh »

I'm just starting on my scrapbook room. I've painted the walls pink and the room colors are pink, black & white. I've been using the white organizers that are sold at Michael's. I will have to show pics when i'm done. I'm also planning on getting the wall words from upper case living.
scrapsakes
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 451

Post by scrapsakes »

in our old house, i used to have a corner 'puter desk where i also scrapped
and i can say that you've gotta have a separate craft desk for scrapbooking
so you can spread everything out & be able to leave unfinished project too.

also, find huge catch-all baskets/containers so even if you don't feel like tidying
you can stash them all separately (labels help a lot) without too much clean-up.

photos of my scraproom :)
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)
immom2anc
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 264

Post by immom2anc »

We have 2 master bedrooms at our house, 1 upstairs and 1 down. Guess what that 2nd one is now?? Yup, our "Craft Room" (mostly my scrap room, but I call it that to appease DH)... I had my stepdad build a custom counter high table for me because I like to stand while I crop. It has 4 spaces around it because I always have friends dropping by to use my room. I also picked up 3 bookcases from my former job (a furniture store) for free, as they were being thrown out. These are located directly behind my table in easy reach filled with all my main supplies in rubber boxes and baskets.

The pegboard was a garage sale find and the chairs were 2 different colors, also a resale find. Overall the room remodel only cost about $200 or so including all paint, and organizational supplies. The one thing I wish I had though was laminate or hardwood flooring. We live in a rental and can't replace our flooring, so I'm stuck with carpet in there. :(

Lucky for me, this room has an attached walk-in closet where all my papers, paints and extra goodies are stored, plus all the kids' crafting supplies. I also have an attached bathroom where we often use the counter or floor for drying artwork. Here's some photos to give you an idea:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=208855

My tips for you:

*Use colors you love! It will make you want to be in there.

*Accomodate for other family members or friends as well. Not so "scrapcave" feeling.

*Label everything!! Give everything a home and stick to the plan. Don't only plan for what you have now, but leave room to grow and add supplies as your scrapping evolves.

*Keep the things you use most next to your main scrapping area to minimize the wandering and distraction that sometimes happens. Hope this helps! Good luck!
**Kristen**
My photography: http://www.kristencarterphotography.com
Image Image ImageImage Image
koala1966
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 2526

Post by koala1966 »

My favorite thing about my scrapbook room is the walk-in closet. All my supplies fit in there so when I'm all done scrapping everything can be put out of sight. In the closet I have stackable cubes, I love the ones from Michaels but I only buy them one at a time to get the 40%. :bluewinkb: I also have a couple stackable units from Walmart and Target prior to finding the ones at Michaels. I use Sterelite drawers and bins to organize. Things I don't need as often, or "surplus" like extra Xyron cartridges, extra albums, etc. all go up on the top shelf above the hanger rack.

For the room, I got one of those craft tables they were selling on sale at Michaels last Christmas, I forgot the brand again. I like it, but the stool that came with it is falling apart. And I have two Ott lites - one floor lamp standing next to my scrap table and one desktop lamp sitting on the opposite side. Oh, and a foot massager underneath. :bluelol:

My table:

The closet:

Image Image
skinnimini
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 140

Post by skinnimini »

WOW!! Such amazing and beautiful spaces! Thank you for the inspiration! I can't wait to get started!
cat1393
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 221

Post by cat1393 »

my scrap space is REAL simple....removed all of dh's crap from a nice size corner in our basement. Had him fix the 8 foot long work bench. Added a 6 ft rubbermaid table, got some rolly carts and a 4 tier shelf and that be it........downright cheap budget!

Christine
jodcold
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 58

Post by jodcold »

I have a filing cabinet where I keep my 8.5x11 paper, it is great as it doesn't get dusty or bent. I have Iris carts where I keep all my tools and stickers/diecuts by theme.

Right now my room is currently a work in progress (I am re-organizing everything). Good luck with yours, the one thing I wish I had was more space.
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

Jody H. (jodcold)

Image Image Image

hlg1rose
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 127

Post by hlg1rose »

Deb, I do love my space. I love how I can reach and see everything. Of course, as soon as one of the girls tells me she is gone for good, I will get a whole room for myself, but for now this is ideal. My favorite things, the Making Memories Embellishment center. A tip, label everything! I tend to forget what I have and will sit here and just stare! Oh and my space is only about 6 x 6.

[img:dgoiopbi]http://www.acherryontop.com/i/thumbnail ... picker.gif[/img:dgoiopbi]

heleneNY http://emptynestscraproom.blogspot.com/[/url:dgoiopbi]

"The skin I'm in is alright with me, it's not old, just older" ` JBJ

[img:dgoiopbi]http://www.acherryontop.com/i/gallery2/211014-490.gif[/img:dgoiopbi]
stinkerbelle
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 828

Post by stinkerbelle »

helene, i love your space! tiny but cozy :)

all my stuff is in my living room right now...which isn't working well. i have taken to scrapping on my bed so my bedroom is overflowing with scrappy stuff now too, ugh.

i am moving my younger daughter out of her tiny room and in with her older sister soon....and i will take over that room for me.

good luck and have fun with your new room!
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  ImageImage
chris_cubed
Cherry Bing

Post by chris_cubed »

Lucky you! I can't wait to have a scrap room! I'm still operating at the dining room table with organizational folders cluttering the floor so I can search for what I need!
~Krissi-Lee
Live, Love & Have Kids!!!
Hudson
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 16

Post by Hudson »

I put wire racks up on the wall, but still unpacking and still changing my mind --- here is where I am at Image
deejerry
Cherry Tart

Post by deejerry »

looking at everybodies pictures looks great but wheres the TV ,I have to have my TV ,in my scrap room.
scrapsakes
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 451

Post by scrapsakes »

i've a teeny one in the corner but i usually use my laptop for movies.
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”