Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

2boysma

Cherry Berry

vellum help, please
 What adhesive do you guys use on vellum so it will not show at all, but will adhere really well?
Thank you!
Jeanne

Koiwey

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: vellum help, please
I use a product called Glue Dots Brand adhesive specifically for vellum . It comes in little sheets. It has tiny micro dots of glue which do not show thorugh. There are other products, too- I would just look for ones recommended for vellum.
Enjoy for we will never have this day again.
Koi

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

I use a tape that is made specifically for vellum.  However I have learned put it down on the cardstock first and not the vellum.  Otherwise it will show through.....

lsdopey

Cherry Blossom

I use a spray adhesive.  It gives me even coverage & doesn't show.

~ Liana
~ Liana

Interested in Scrapbooking Swaps?? Check us out at http://www.iasst.forumotion.net

Most papers are available at ACOT!

lpap0807

Sweet Cherry Pie

I also use glue dots for vellum
Have a blessed day!

PezKat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

CM clear photo splits
Image Image

1grandma

Cherry Addict

I used an adhesive spray made in Australia and bought at Hobby Lobby.  The problem came when I went to use it again.  It had been several months since I last used it.  Now, it was evaporated.  I emailed the company in Australia.  The CEO emailed me back and explained "that the item number told him that the can was "old" and the life expectancy was only about seven years on aerosol cans.  (This is paraphrased)  So no wonder it did not spray anymore."  So, if you buy an aerosol can of vellum adhesive (wihich works quite well, I might add), make sure that the "Best if used by date" is a long way out.
Bibi

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Scrapper' Spray by Creative Imaginations...it is the best of any I have found.  I've never had trouble with it evaporating and the can I have is several years old.  The nozzle gets a little clogged sometimes, but I just use a needle to clean it out.
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

montana_girl

Cherry Bomb

PezKat wrote: CM clear photo splits
Ditto!  :)
Stacy

terri04

Cherry Bing

I run it through my xyron.

jcsmaestra

Cherry Cola

glue dots for vellum
Mary           Love is all around you.

ImageImage  Image Image Image

Firegems

Sweet Cherry Pie

wow glad this was posted...I was wondering the same thing. I will have to get some of those glue dots.
Firegems

bigsmartass

Sweet Cherry Pie

I like the spray adhesive
Image Laurie, aka Image Image

If you can't convince them, confuse them

sherry

Cherry Bing

I use the tiniest glue dots- mine are in a little dispenser that rolls them out.  You CAN still see them, but they are very tiny and you can just barely see them.  You can use a sticker or other embellishment to cover the small spot if it bugs you.  Spray adhesives- I just have to say this about that- I bought some initially and h a t e d it!  It made such a freakin' mess.  I sprayed it over my trash can in the scrap room and then EVERYTHING was sticky- the trashcan, the bag inside it, my fingers etc.  Some suggested taking it outside to spray, guess I am a lazy scrapper- that was too much trouble.  I far prefer the glue dots!

ncokely

Cherry Cola

I use the Wacky Tac that is specifically for vellum.
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

Xyron is good
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

craftyfool

Cherry Cola

I have LOTS o' options!

1 - CM Clear photo splits (but on some vellum, I can still see 'em)
2 - Xyron works really well cuz it covers evenly and it's not messy.  But sometimes I get little "bubbles" which I can see.
3 - I have a "tape runner" by, I think 3M.  I can't find it in the store or online since I don't remember what it's called.  BUT it's purple and refillable.  It works really well for vellum.
4 - BRADS or EYELETS!!  No adhesive needed.

2boysma

Cherry Berry

Thank you, everyone, for your great suggestions.  I will play with several of them and see what works best for this particular project.
I've used brads and glue dots before.  I've never used spray adhesive.  Great advice, all.
Jeanne

Ladybug11

Cherry Bing

sdwhru wrote: I use a tape that is made specifically for vellum.  However I have learned put it down on the cardstock first and not the vellum.  Otherwise it will show through.....
Good to know!!!

bigsmartass

Sweet Cherry Pie

When I use the spray adhesive I put it on a paper plate (it's usually a small item) and just make sure I don't spray too far away (and get off it), or on 'junk paper' (aka, 12x12 white paper that comes in the albums that I have piles of).  Then I let it dry a little before I pick it up.
Image Laurie, aka Image Image

If you can't convince them, confuse them

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee