Okay what are your trouble spots- in scrapbooking?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Re: Okay what are your trouble spots- in scrapbooking?

Post by scrapy1967 »

JOURNALING for sure. I dont always  journal because I cant think of what I want to say.
ImageImage 

lsdopey
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 14

Post by lsdopey »

First - Layering & making them not just look like I put pieces of paper over top of each other
Second - Titles
Third - Journaling & committing to a photo - there are so many awesome layouts that I see, I'll create the layout & wait for the perfect picture, then won't commit to putting it on the page - because a better one could come around.

So it looks like I have a lot of trouble spots. :-D

~ Liana
~ Liana

Interested in Scrapbooking Swaps?? Check us out at http://www.iasst.forumotion.net

Most papers are available at ACOT!

AnnOminous
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 211

Post by AnnOminous »

For paper scrapping it is definitelyh adhesives.  Whichever kind I pick, it doesn't stick and I have to get another.  and another.  and sometimes still another.

digi scrapping it is knowing when to quit.
baltoscrapper
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 358

Post by baltoscrapper »

Placement. I like sketches but than I think that it's not "original" so I always try to make myself come up with my own idea. Than, going through my mountain of patterned paper looking for "just the right one".
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!
jiffy
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 10

Post by jiffy »

All of the above!    Plus .... selecting the papers that will co-ordinate with one another.     Sometimes that is a great challenge for me.
'Beautiful memories tell our story, and wrap themselves in ribbons of the heart.' Flavia

CarlaB72
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 28

Post by CarlaB72 »

I would say journalling.  I always feel guilty when I put something that isn't "fun and cutesy"  Sometimes there are real feelings that aren't so fluffy at the time and I don't want to put something that will somehow in some way come back and bite me later.
-Carla
lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 856

Post by lilkoala3 »

Grandma Flowers wrote: My biggest problem is just sitting down and doing it.  It seems like it's always the last thing on my to-do list when I really should move it up to the top.
 ME TOO!  I love journaling and putting layouts together, but for some reason, I just can't get myself motivated sometimes to sit down and get stuff DONE!
Leslie
1LuckyMom
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 155

Post by 1LuckyMom »

Laziness!  More often that not I'm just too lazy to think harder about what might make a layout look better, or I've gotten tired of working on one so I pretty much stick it all down and just quit.  Definitely laziness.  Although, journaling is a close second!
scrapinoz
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 4

Post by scrapinoz »

Ladybug11 wrote:My biggest issue is getting started....I always seem to have a slow start becuase I am usually trying too hard to make it absolutely perfect...I should just go with it and have confidence that it will come out great in the end!
Yep this is me and I am still not great with journaling either (more from laziness LOL)
Sonya
Australia
scrapsakes
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 451

Post by scrapsakes »

getting started :waiting: i seem to always have "other" things to do
 and by the time i get around to scrapping, i'm too darn tired!
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”