Cricut Design Studio

Moderator: ACOT Employee

CraftnStuff
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 93

Cricut Design Studio

Post by CraftnStuff »

Has anyone used this software program?  If you have, can you tell me if you had any issues with it.  I've installed the way they said. When I go to cut it says that either my cricut was not found, there was an error, or the firmware needs to be updated. I've been trying to figure this out for a couple days now.  :( I've been to the Cricut website and message board, but I didn't find the answers. I am getting ready to call the info hotline, but I was wondering if any of you had any ideas first.

You gals are always full of great advice and suggestions!  :-D I've tried to uninstall, etc and I'm frustrated. It cut when I used the trial version, but now that I have the legit software, nada! 

Please help,

Sincerely,

Cathy (CraftNStuff) :x
Scrapbooking is cheaper than a therapist!~author unknown
C * A * T * H Y
baltoscrapper
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 358

Re: Cricut Design Studio

Post by baltoscrapper »

I wish I could help you but I am a puter tard and I don't have it. I'd call the customer service line. Sorry I couldn't help you.
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!
cat1393
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 221

Post by cat1393 »

did you follow the instructions to the "t"!  I had a problem w/ mine and shut the cricut off and turned it back on.

Christine
CraftnStuff
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by CraftnStuff »

I decided to plug it into the usb port on the back of my keyboard, and ta da!  It started cutting! :inlove:  I'll be afraid of turning it off..lol.   Thanks for replying, I knew I'd get some good advice from you all.  Thanks again!
C * A * T * H Y
craftyfool
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 247

Post by craftyfool »

Ok Cathy...you might have to hold my hand since you got it to work.  I was going to reply that Yes!  I'm having the same issues and I'm about to pull all my hair from my head!

But then I read your last post.

Do you mind if I PM you when I try again? :?
MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

Post by MOM2SNOX »

You have a USB port in the back of your keyboard?? Cool! I just plugged mine into the USB port on the PC and it worked fine!
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!
scraptag
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 567

Post by scraptag »

Do you know if you can use the software with a Mac?  I expressed my concern to the guy at the Scrapbook expo, and he said that you can install the program on a Mac even though it says it's for PC's, as long as the operating system in OS X or higher.  I didnt buy the software, because it's a lot of money to spend if he was wrong.
Scrappin13
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 116

Post by Scrappin13 »

I don't have the design studio so I'm no help.  Sorry.  I hope you get yours working.
Molly
CraftnStuff
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by CraftnStuff »

I guess it needed to be plugged into a main USB port. ( I was using a "6" prong).  As soon as I changed it to my keyboard it was a go.  As for using it with a Mac, I don't think you can.  I have the box right here.  It says the system requirements are: OS  Windows XP SP2 & Windows Vista 32 bit.  I hope this helps you all.  Crafty, if you need some assistance, PM me, and I'll try to help you. 

Cathy
C * A * T * H Y
hlg1rose
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 127

Post by hlg1rose »

glad you got it to work, i love my design studio, but have read others having problems.  cricut.com seems pretty helpful with any issues if you have trouble again.
[img:dgoiopbi]http://www.acherryontop.com/i/thumbnail ... picker.gif[/img:dgoiopbi]

heleneNY http://emptynestscraproom.blogspot.com/[/url:dgoiopbi]

"The skin I'm in is alright with me, it's not old, just older" ` JBJ

[img:dgoiopbi]http://www.acherryontop.com/i/gallery2/211014-490.gif[/img:dgoiopbi]

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”