We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

TexasMom

Cherry Bomb

Glimmer Mist
Has anyone tried this?  If so, what did you like or not like about it?  I'm thinking of getting it to make my white cardstock look a little shimmery.

scrappinchic

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Glimmer Mist
 I've used it on chipboard and flowers and like the look.  You have to let it dry completely between coats.  Laura Fiore has done several los where she spritzed her paper.  Maybe shoot her a PM.
I'm not late
Everyone else is way too on time.
0/3 for February

Janet

Cherry Jubilee

I use it....mostly on cards.  Let me upload a Christmas card I made the other day using the Silver Bells Glimmer Mist.  It's not really easy to tell on a photo...but it really does make the white kind of shimmery.

Janet

Cherry Jubilee

Image  Here's the card that I used Silver Bells glimmer mist on.  It looks so much better in person...it just shimmers.

scraptag

Cherry Cola

Great job on the card, Janet.  Hold me back, or I will have to go out before 12/31 and buy some!

naney1952

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Cute card Janet! 
Jane ImageImage Image
LOYAL COLTS FAN

MLee

Cherry Cola

There are a ton of pages in the gallery if you search for glimmer mist. Also there are some articles in the resource area because there have been classes on how to use it at past crops and I think there is going to be one at the upcoming crop, isn't there?

I love it and use it on everything from cardstock to changing the look of older patterned paper, to chipboard shapes to coloring my chipboard letters. It's also great on wooden shapes like those from KaiserCraft and pretty much anything else that I can get to stand still long enough to spritz!

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

Janet...that card is awesome! I LOVe the embossing on that cardstock!

I've used Glimmer Mist alot. LOVE the shimmer it can add to my projects! You can use a little for shimmer or alot for color AND shimmer!

Check out my gallery if you want to see how it looks with the masks!

TexasMom

Cherry Bomb

Janet wrote: I use it....mostly on cards.  Let me upload a Christmas card I made the other day using the Silver Bells Glimmer Mist.  It's not really easy to tell on a photo...but it really does make the white kind of shimmery.
I love the card!!!  I looked for the Silver Bells Glimmer Mist but I didn't see it.  Is the Graphite one close to silver, it looks like it.

I want to use it on my invitations.  I am going to print them out first and then plan on spraying it.  Will the ink run?  How long does it take to dry?

stephfez

Cherry Bing

I adore my GM. I have about 20 bottles now and it just seems to add soem dimension to some of my LO's.
Stephanie

Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool Image

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

Lisa...I don't have the Silver Bells, but I do have the Graphite...it is pretty dark, and some of the larger splatter looks black. I wouldn't use it on a white background unless you want that look. It looks awesome on a darker patterned background though!

baltoscrapper

Bowl Full of Cherries

Great card Janet!!!
I personally love the stuff. I'm almost out of graphite (I use that one the most). You asked how long it takes to dry. Here's what I do: I put what I am misting in a paper bag (this helps avoid overspraying everything in your craft area) and spray it. Than I take it out of the paper bag and let it sit on my desk about 15 minutes and it's dry. If I leave it in the paper bag, it probably would take longer to dry.
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee