Envelope Mini Book Class - HERE

Moderator: ACOT Employee

n7zuq
ACOT Promotions
Gallery: 826

Post by n7zuq »

Ok this is an informal class. I am posting the instructions here since there are problems with the chat room. Feel free to ask questions here in between my posts. I am finishing up some small touches to my example so there will be a little lag time between the posts.Supplies:3-6  -  legal letter size envelopes (4-1/8" x 9-1/2")   -  I am using 3 envelopes in my example but you can use more if you want more pages.
4-5 -  sheets of coordinating patterned paper -  I making a travel album about one of our cruises
3 - 1" loose-leaf metal rings
coordinating embellishments
ribbon
fluid chalk
pen
adhesive
trimmer
scissors
hole punchDirections:1) Start with 1 legal letter size envelope. Seal the envelope closed. Cut a strip 3-7/8" x 9-1/4" from one of the pieces of patterned paper and attach to the front of the envelope. This will be the cover of your album. Chalk along the edge of the envelope with matching fluid chalk. Cut another strip 3-7/8" x 9-1/4" from a different piece of patterned paper and attach to the back of the envelope. Again, chalk along the edge of the envelope with matching fluid chalk.Now you have your first envelope covered front and back with patterned paper.
mamma2allboyz
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 303

Post by mamma2allboyz »

oh how cool, I am working on xmas gifts this looks like a neat idea I am peeled got my envies out.Thanks a bunch!Hugs
Jennifer Mom of Four Boys
n7zuq
ACOT Promotions

Post by n7zuq »

2) For the second envelope, instead of sealing the envelope, tuck the flap of the envelope inside. Now cover the front and back of the envelope with 2 strips of 3-7/8" x 9-1/4" pieces of patterned paper. When you cover the side of the envelope with the flap tucked in, make sure you put the adhesive on the envelope and not the paper so don't accidentally seal the envelope closed. You are creating a pocket with this envelope.
n7zuq
ACOT Promotions

Post by n7zuq »

3) For the 3rd envelope, instead of sealing the envelope, leave the flap open.Once again cover both sides of envelope with a 3-7/8" x 9-1/4" strip of patterned paper.  For this envelope the flap side of the envelope should be facing you and the flap should be on the right hand side. When you attach the strip of paper you will need to lift the flap first and then attach the paper.  Once again put the adhesive on the envelope and not the paper so don't accidentally seal the envelope closed. You are creating a pocket with a flap with this envelope.To cover the flap of the envelope I cut a 2" x 9-1/2" strip of patterned paper and attached it to the flap. Then I trimmed around the flap cutting off the excess paper.Back side of envelope 3:Finish up by chalking the edges of the envelope.
Janshotgun
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 88

Post by Janshotgun »

Just want you to know, this is so cool!  Love the pics that go along with the instructions! 
4peasinourpod
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 816

Post by 4peasinourpod »

oops!LOVE this...Kendall has to make a gift this year this is perfect!
n7zuq
ACOT Promotions

Post by n7zuq »

Now let's start decorating our envelopes. Start with the first envelope and work on the cover. I added ribbon to the envelope and wrapped in around both sides.  My ribbon is about 1-1/4" from the top and the bottom of the envelope. Once the ribbon was in place I punched 3 holes into the envelope on the left-hand side. The holes are about 1/8" from the edge. Once you have your holes punched in the first envelope, use this envelope as a guide for punching holes in your other envelopes.Note. The pocket openings/flaps of the envelopes should be on the right side and your holes should be on the left side.I added a luggage tag and cut out a logo from some memorabilia from our cruise and glued it to the tag.  I also added a metal tab to the tag that says "Destination Paradise"
Cover For Page 1 (the backside of envelope 1), I mounted a photo of our cruise ship on a piece of cruise stationary, cut out our ship name, added a metal tag  and wrote the dates of our cruise.
Page 1 
n7zuq
ACOT Promotions

Post by n7zuq »

Now you're ready for envelope 2. The patterned paper I used was double-sided so I used the solid side to mat my photos. You could also use a coordinating color of cardstock for photo mats and journaling.Page 2 has photos of our cabin. I added a metal tag and a sticker to this page. I plan on adding journaling to tell our cabin number and deck. For Page 3 (the backside of envelope 2), I mounted photos from our stop in Cozumel. For the Cozumel title I cut-up a postcard. I also made a tag out of a sticker by stapling ribbon to the edge. This envelope is one with a pocket and I stuck some memorabilia, such as our cabin keys and ship information into the pocket.
n7zuq
ACOT Promotions

Post by n7zuq »

On to the last envelope (envelope 3) in my sample.Page 4 has more photos of Cozumel. Since this envelope has the flap showing. I chose photos that could peek out from behind the flap. Inside this pocket is the flyer about the speedboat excursion we took while we were in Cozumel. The Mexico title came from a postcard.
On the backside of this envelope I haven't added any photos since it is the back cover in this sample. You could add photos, journaling, etc. As you can see you can add more pages to this album and alternate between pages with pockets and without, as well as pocket pages with flaps or without. 
n7zuq
ACOT Promotions

Post by n7zuq »

Now lets put the pages together. Secure the pages with the 3 loose-leaf metal rings.  Tie coordinating ribbon to the rings for an accent. Here is what the album looks like when put together.

Please let me know if you have questions or need more specific directions. Please share your albums in the gallery when you are done.Happy Holidays ~ T
scrapgram
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 189

Post by scrapgram »

Tristann, thank you so much for this class.  I now have ideas for next years gifts throughtout the year.  thank you again and hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
We have to forgive! If we don't forgive, we'll get left behind! janet rose

Love people & use things--- Not love things & use people!

Scrapgram
Image Image
n7zuq
ACOT Promotions

Post by n7zuq »

You're welcome Anna Maria!! Can't wait to see what you create. These are super easy to do and work well with any theme. Plus they are great to store hidden journaling, extra photos or memorabilia since there are pockets.
CatwoMN
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 9

Post by CatwoMN »

This is beautiful - thanks so much for sharing!!!
Janshotgun
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 88

Post by Janshotgun »

It was a great learning experience, thanks for sharing!!!!!
dianagirly
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 812

Post by dianagirly »

How cool!
mamma2allboyz
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 303

Post by mamma2allboyz »

I am still working on mine lol,  I am making dinner and baking Hello Dolly layer cookies too.  I am doing a little bit of everything today.  LOVE what you did and cant wait to finish mine and post as well.Thanks a bunch great gift idea as well.Hugs 
Jennifer Mom of Four Boys
ncokely
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 601

Post by ncokely »

Very impressed - I am short some Christmas presents, so I am going to have to make a couple of these!
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

moodyonceamth
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 653

Post by moodyonceamth »

Cute idea!
n7zuq
ACOT Promotions

Post by n7zuq »

btt
n7zuq
ACOT Promotions

Post by n7zuq »

The article for this class is now showing on the community page. It should be easier to follow than in this thread.www.acherryontop.com/article

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”