CLASS TIME! Never too Many Patterns!***$5 GC Awarded***

Bernadettte
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 135

Re: CLASS TIME! Never too Many Patterns!

Post by Bernadettte »

That is such a stunning layout, you rock Laura!
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 1270

Post by Laura Fiore »

BABY STEPS!

When trying to make a shift in your layout style, it's ok to think about what you would really like the finished product to look like. But, unless you are completely comfortable with change, it's a process to get it from point A to point B.

You do have to be careful when placing your photos on patterned papers...you don't want the paper to detract from the photo...so it's good to use a sold scalloped border or a VERY subtle piece of patterned paper at one corner or down one side of the photo.

Once you start trying little changes, you are going to find what you love and what you never want to do again!
DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 202

Post by DaisyLou »

Just finished catching up on this thread. Amazing los Laura! So funny about cutting the middle out of your background PP! I do that all the time and often wonder if I'm the only one! Thanks for the class and while sadly I can't do these now, I saved them for future reference :)
Smiley-Scrap8
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 889

Post by Smiley-Scrap8 »

Wow, your are going too fast for me. I might have to read back through this after dinner when the kids aren't around bothering me.
Ronny
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry

Post by Laura Fiore »

Sarah--I have a color wheel and NEVER use it! My dd has used it for more school projects than I ever have!

I just try to pull a main color out of my photos and then pick a paper or two. When I'm on a roll, I can finish out the rest of it with scraps.
Valerie Serfozo
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 67

Post by Valerie Serfozo »

I rarely mat my photos any more, but I will admit that it took me a while before I felt comfortable.  Just take a look through the gallery and magazines and you'll find lots of layouts without mats.  So go ahead and try it.  I think you'll like the result once you get used to it.
Valerie
dtonkery
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 119

Post by dtonkery »

I'm usually too lazy to mat any of my photos!  LOL!  I used to do it all the time when I first started scrapping...but then got tired....
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry

Post by Laura Fiore »

Day, and Ronny--don't sweat it!

I really wasn't thinking anyone would COMPLETE their layouts during the class time...there's too much other fun stuff going on on the board today! But hopefully, you can read back through all of this when it's a little less rushed, and learn a little something! If I had just told you to cut this paper 6 x 4 and put it here, I don't think you would have got what I wanted to teach in this kind of class.
ScrappyK
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 43

Post by ScrappyK »

I have color wheels... I have 3 different ones. I have one from CM, Bazzill, and EK Succes. I'm still not sure how to use them. I wish I could take a class around here somewhere that would really teach me how to use it. I know it's not hard.. but me and color don't get along sometimes.

Laura -- any tips on using the color wheel? I like the Bazzill one I have.. but that's only the monochromatic one.

Kristy
Smiley-Scrap8
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 889

Post by Smiley-Scrap8 »

I'm actually working on one as we speak, was wondering is you will make a special gallery for us to show off what we learned?
Ronny
jaziscrapper
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 152

Post by jaziscrapper »

Thanks so much Laura for all the wonderful tips. I'll give this a try tomorrow when I'm actually sbing.
scrapin4me
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 31

Post by scrapin4me »

I'm just checking in to see what you've got going on in here...
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry

Post by Laura Fiore »

[quote="aingeleyzz"] I have color wheels... I have 3 different ones. I have one from CM, Bazzill, and EK Succes. I'm still not sure how to use them. I wish I could take a class around here somewhere that would really teach me how to use it. I know it's not hard.. but me and color don't get along sometimes.

Laura -- any tips on using the color wheel? I like the Bazzill one I have.. but that's only the monochromatic one.

Kristy[/quote]

Kristy--it really is like jibberish to me too, LOL  I have the Bazzill one as well, and I know that you can get good results and an appealing layout if you stick with colors that are close together on the colorwheel.

Monochromatic layouts are going to be HOT this season...at least that's what I've read. And the new Doodlebug papers that we have coming soon are all about tone on tone to give you that gorgeous monochromatic look...lets see what you think of those. I think they're going to be awesome to use to give some texture to a page without going crazy with different colored patterns!
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry

Post by Laura Fiore »

I would love to see what you do with this class Ronny...and everyone else!

It will be great to see what some of you who don't have anything girly in your lives can do with all of your different paper choices!

I'll make a spot in the gallery for us...It will have the same title, OK

NOW--are you ready for the secret?
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

Ooh, I forgot!  Yes! :) 
Image Image
scrapin4me
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 31

Post by scrapin4me »

Yes, what's the secret???
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry

Post by Laura Fiore »

ImageI am not in love with this layout...AT ALL! I already have a few things in mind that I would do to make it flow a little better...tell me if you can think of any.
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 447

Post by DN in MN »

Thank you Laura :) This is awesome!
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

Really?  I love that one!
Image Image
dtonkery
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 119

Post by dtonkery »

I think it is perfect!!!

Return to “NSD Crop 2008”