We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

Rachel Kent

ACOT Employee

Your Favorite Card
What is your favorite card that you have received?
Sprinkles to everyone that answers!

I'll go first. When I graduated college my mom gave me a card. It was a simple store-bought congrats card, but on the inside she wrote how proud of me she was. I treasure this card so much ❤️
1 user liked this post:

Birgit55~Chickadee

Cherry Berry

Re: Your Favorite Card
My favorite card was a handmade card my son made for me when he was in high school.  He took the time to draw a picture on the front of the card and wrote the most heartfelt message inside.  For a teenage boy to take that kind of time thinking about his mama is priceless.
1 user liked this post:

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

My husband and I always give cards to each other on Valentine's Day, our Anniversary, and Christmas.  I keep all of them in my scrapbooks. ;)  My favorite one is a Christmas card, though.  I believe it was our 2nd Christmas after we were married...we both purchased the same card!  lol  I guess we were really made for each other!
1 user liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image         

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

One of my faves was from a Cherry Secret Sister way back when. It was all popped up, layered up, and sparkly. (I wish I could remember who sent it to me)
1 user liked this post:
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

lisn2cats

Sweet Cherry Pie

Mine was from a former boyfriend, who typically didn’t give cards or gifts to anyone (just his nature), gave me not only a birthday card but one with a 3D princess card (her dress was made of pink honeycomb paper). I kept it and then scrapbooked it!
1 user liked this post:
Image  ImageImageImageImage

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

Mine was one I received from my mom after sending her flowers at work.  On my 30th birthday, I sent her 30 yellow roses thanking her for everything she had done for me and being the best mom ever.  She was a nurse and working at the time so I sent them to the hospital where she worked. Her response card was a tear jerker to say the least.  But, she said I made her cry too.
1 user liked this post:
    ImageImage

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

over the years my daughter has made me several handmade cards--and i mean handmade like on notebook paper lol.  they're very precious to me  😍
1 user liked this post:
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  Image Image

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

My grandma gave me a beautiful card with tea cups and florals on it once, with a teabag and a note that says let's get together for a cup of tea. I was turning 13, and I remember I was so happy that she sent me such an grown up card. I STILL have it, in a scrapbook!
1 user liked this post:

jcsmaestra

Cherry Cola

My favorite card is a thank you card I received from my youngest sister (she is now deceased). She poured out her heart for the gifts I made her for her birthday. I will keep that card forever.
1 user liked this post:
Mary           Love is all around you.

ImageImage  Image Image Image

Flasher

Cherry Crush

My favorite card is a card I don't even remember getting!  I still have my very first "Merry 1st  Christmas Granddaughter" card from December, 1968.  It's signed with love by my grandma, with a little paragraph about how I was the best Christmas gift the family had ever received.   I miss her, and the card means the world to me.  💗
1 user liked this post:
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

CraftyDoer

Sweet Cherry Pie

My FIL gave me a store bought card once, about 12 years ago around the first couple years my husband and I were together. What he wrote inside was heart tugging. He filled every white space on the inside. I still have it and often go back and read it.
1 user liked this post:
Doing all the crafty things.

Image ImageImageImage

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I think my favorite card has to be a copy paper card that my teenage son made with a picture of Ritchie Sambora, who I used to love!!!  The fact that he took the time, found and printed a picture meant a lot to me with funny messages inside  💓
1 user liked this post:
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

Helen W.

Cherry Picker

My husband, who is not at all crafty, made me a card for my 66th birthday. He got an image of the Route 66 sign and put my name across the middle. So sweet!
1 user liked this post:
ImageImageImageImageImage

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

My husband gave me a store bought card for valentines or my birthday or something, but he edited the words to make them funny and more personal. It would be embarrassing to him if I wrote what he said here, but I really appreciated it.
1 user liked this post:
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

SandyK1967

Cherry Bing

There's been so many cards through the years but I will say just last month since it is fresh in my mind, my 3 kids (adults) each gave me a card for my birthday and I really treasure them cause what they chose and wrote was unique to them. I would like to scrapbook them all on one page somehow.
1 user liked this post:
👋 ~~Sandy~~ 👋

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

Hard one to answer... either the handmade cards that dh makes me each year for my birthday OR the last birthday card my Dad picked out for me... back in August 2021.  It's one of those huge ones and it's a baseball theme - just something that we shared a love of together!  I have it in my scrappy room and look at it often!
1 user liked this post:
Rebecca

scrappinmom99

Cherry Cropper

Oh my goodness, so hard to pick just one! But the one that sprang to mind immediately was oh, about 10-12 years ago when DS made a Mother's Day card addressed to Mrs. Mommy, Dining Room Table, and it led me on a scavenger hunt around the house to find a stuffed Hedwig the owl. 
1 user liked this post:
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

wazzu94

Sweet Cherry Pie

Oh this is such an easy one for me.  My mom was so great sending cards, letters and care packages when I went away to college.  But the few cards I received from my dad that he did on his own ....I treasure these.  He didn't write alot and he usually said something funny and add some cash!!  I have all the cards/notes send by both parents and the ones I sent them.  
1 user liked this post:
Suzann
 ImageImage Image           

Return to “World Card Making Day 2024”

Information