*WINNER* Flasher's Any Way You Cut It Cut File Challenge

Moderators: Rachel Kent, ACOT Employee

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 319

*WINNER* Flasher's Any Way You Cut It Cut File Challenge

Post by Flasher »

LOVE ALL THE CUTS TO THOSE CUT FILES!  FABULOUS WORK BY EVERYONE THAT PARTICIPATED!  THANKS FOR PLAYING ALONG!  THE RANDOMLY CHOSEN WINNER IS . . . STINKERBELLE!  CONGRATS TO HER!

Hello, Hello, Hello!  I hope you are having a wonderful time here at A Cherry On Top today!

For this challenge, you need to use a cut file!  Pretty easy, right?  There is one little twist, though.  I want to see you use several pieces of a cut file, rather than just the large cut file.  I love cut files, but being an 8.5x11 scrapper, it is sometimes very difficult to use those gorgeous cut files "as is".  I almost always have to cut them apart.  Below is my example.  The "FALL" text was cut from an element that said "Happy FALL".  The trees were cut from a Christmas cut file. 

Maybe you have something similar to the one posted above.  Maybe you cut it so you only use half.  Just let me see that you cut some of a cut file!  You do not have to post your actual cut file image.  We can do this on the honor system.  😉

ONE RANDOMLY CHOSEN WINNER WILL RECEIVE A PRIZE PACK OF FIVE CUT FILES OF YOUR CHOOSING FROM A CHERRY ON TOP:

RULES:
1.  One entry per participant.
2.  Challenge is open to paper and digital scrappers, layouts/cards/journals.
3.  Post your project to this thread.
4.  NO COMBINING with any other NSD or Message Board Challenges EXCEPT the 25 Item Challenge and the Bi-Monthly Inspiration Challenge. 
5.  Must be a new creation!
6.  Entries must be posted to this thread by Friday, May 17 at 11:59 PM, EDT.
7.  You MUST have fun!

If you have any questions, please ask away!
Last edited by Flasher on Sat May 18, 2024 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

VALERIE 03/22
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 427

Re: Flasher's Any Way You Cut It Cut File Challenge

Post by VALERIE 03/22 »

I CAN'T DO THIS CHALLENGE AS I DON'T HAVE A PRINTER..................... OH WELL EVERYONE HAVE FUN............... VALERIE
Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 4:15 pm
I CAN'T DO THIS CHALLENGE AS I DON'T HAVE A PRINTER..................... OH WELL EVERYONE HAVE FUN............... VALERIE
I don't have an electronic cutter either.  I just buy the premade cut files from Bella Blvd!

OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 504

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Your layout is awesome! 😊
I do 8 1/2 x 11 as well, and we sure do get creative! 😂
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1739

Post by beachlover »

awesome!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2130

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

LOVE your sample!!!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
Mommyof5
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 169

Post by Mommyof5 »

and I am the opposite, and I almost exclusively use cut files.  :greenlol:
 Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty
 Image  Image   Image

lisn2cats
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 430

Post by lisn2cats »

I used to belong to a Cutfile monthly club (I have a Cricut but have never actually used it for a real cutfile-cutfule....go figure). Excited to dive into my hoarded cutfile stash!
Image  ImageImageImage
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 731

Post by sherelm »

Laura wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 4:16 pm
SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 4:15 pm
I don't have an electronic cutter either.  I just buy the premade cut files from Bella Blvd!

I think you can buy them online already cut too. Just turned mine on and I go a bunch of messages from Cricut "can't find your printer" " need update". BLAH! Sometimes you can't cut WITH a cutter!
debraruffing
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 508

Post by debraruffing »

Great challenge!  I used the two tree cut files and cut off the sides to accommodate a page for my December Project 6x8 album!

The green paper behind was just so you could see my page, its an acetate page.  

Debra R. 
Nana of 5, Mama of 2, Disney Addict

ImageImage  ImageImageImage
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 488

Post by SandyJay »

druffing wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 5:57 pm
Great challenge!  I used the two tree cut files and cut off the sides to accommodate a page for my December Project 6x8 album!

The green paper behind was just so you could see my page, its an acetate page.  

Clever! 
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2313

Post by Art_Teacher »

Is it possible to use an antique scrapping tool? I have a Slice and I barely use it.  What do you think?  lol
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 6:58 pm
Is it possible to use an antique scrapping tool? I have a Slice and I barely use it.  What do you think?  lol

Why not.  😁

SandyK1967
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 708

Post by SandyK1967 »

I know there are no stupid questions but I have a stupid question LOLOL

What exactly is a cut-file? I have a Cricut Explore Air 2....is any image I cut from there a cut file? Or are cut files purchased separately. Part of the reason I'm asking is because I have purchased cut files but can't get it onto my Design Space on the Cricut. It must be my laptop, the way I'm trying to save the download or something but I'm not wasting hours trying to figure it out at this point I not tech savy lol.

Thx!!
👋 ~~Sandy~~ 👋 Image
~HAPPY NATIONAL SCRAPBOOK DAY 2024!~
Breauxlabs
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 780

Post by Breauxlabs »

If something cut from a cricut expression cart considered a cut file? I’m confused as well, and not techy at all….which is why I’m still with carts, ha! 
Kim Breaux
ImageImage
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1350

Post by VickiR »

Love this challenge!  I have a few of the Bell Blvd. cut files I can use.
SandyK1967
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 708

Post by SandyK1967 »

Breauxlabs wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 8:40 am
If something cut from a cricut expression cart considered a cut file? I’m confused as well, and not techy at all….which is why I’m still with carts, ha! 

Whew, I'm not the only one! And I don't know what a Cricut cart is! lol
👋 ~~Sandy~~ 👋 Image
~HAPPY NATIONAL SCRAPBOOK DAY 2024!~
AuntieCaffienecrafts
Cherry Tart

Post by AuntieCaffienecrafts »

Hello there, so I am the weirdo who owns a silhouette portrait machine (the 8.5xx11 machine) but does 12x12 layouts. That being said, I very rarely cut my cut files because they are always a little small for pages. That being said, sometimes I layer multiple cut files together. So I may have a LO with cut file pieces.

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

SandyK1967 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 8:37 am
I know there are no stupid questions but I have a stupid question LOLOL

What exactly is a cut-file? I have a Cricut Explore Air 2....is any image I cut from there a cut file? Or are cut files purchased separately. Part of the reason I'm asking is because I have purchased cut files but can't get it onto my Design Space on the Cricut. It must be my laptop, the way I'm trying to save the download or something but I'm not wasting hours trying to figure it out at this point I not tech savy lol.

Thx!!

Here are some examples of pre-made cut files sold here at A Cherry On Top:

https://www.acherryontop.com/shop/searc ... lla%20Blvd

And here is a link to the cut files that can be purchased here at A Cherry On Top for use on your own electronic cutting system:

https://www.acherryontop.com/shop/searc ... /relevance

Return to “National Scrapbook Day 2024”