Karyn_Sue's NSD Beatles Challenge - UPDATED WITH WINNER

Moderators: Rachel Kent, ACOT Employee

Karyn_Sue
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 703

Karyn_Sue's NSD Beatles Challenge - UPDATED WITH WINNER

Post by Karyn_Sue »

You cherries all did a great job with this challenge. The most used song was "Ticket to Ride" and 6 cherries will be getting extra sprinkles for choosing less well-known songs, 2 of which were so obscure even *I* had to google them!!

The WINNER of the amazing Sizziz thinlits collection is #15 The Crafty Lady!  Congratulations!!!!  Please contact Jessica at jessica@acherryontop.com to claim your prize.

It's hard to believe, but the Beatles first toured America 60 (yes, SIXTY) years ago.  Also hard to believe is that they really only recorded together for 8 (eight) short years from 1962 until 1970. Yet in that time, the influence that they had on modern music was profound and lasting. I would bet that many cherries here, who weren't even born before they had disbanded, could sing along to at least one Beatles song.

Also impressive is the catalogue of music that they recorded in such a short period of time. And that's the heart of this challenge!  I want you to select your title from the Beatle's catalogue. NOTE: While John Lennon, George Harrison, Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr all went on to distinguish themselves on their own - ONLY titles recorded and released during the Beatles time together as a band will qualify. Don't worry - that leaves you with 213 songs to choose from! Also, because of their extensive collection, I will require that song titles must be used AS IS.

I invite you to delve a little into their discography and maybe even pick a "lesser known" song - such as one that was never released as a single. (HINT: there may be sprinkles). I did so myself. I chose the song "Mother Nature's Son" for this layout of my DGS on a winter scout encampment. A true Minnesotan, Penn loves to be outdoors in any weather! Mother Nature's son is a beautiful song from the "White Album", written and sung by Paul McCartney (although credited as Lennon/McCartney).  A talented musician, he also plays all the instruments except the horns!

If you're interested I've linked it here: Mother Nature's Son. It's not very long.

And here's my "mother nature's son" himself!

The winner of this challenge will be selected at random and will receive this awesome prize of an assortment of Sizzix thinlits, generously donated by Sizzix!

Now for the boring stuff:
1) All entries must be received by Friday, 5/17 at 11:59pm EDT.
2) All titles MUST use a song written and recorded by the Beatles while together as a band from 1962-1970.
3) All song titles must be used AS IS.
4) If you have any questions, feel free to pm me!!
5) Most importantly - Have fun & Good luck!

1. traveler
2. FoxyStamping
3. aheatfan
4. Scrapqueen141
5. Trek
6. SandyK1967
7. Cynthia_Corbett
8. Colie 33
9. mizz_kitty21
10. jcmaestra
11. shortonideas
12. Mandajo
13. MTCanuk
14. jmo95
15. The Crafty Lady
16. oceanbreeaes423
17. QueenBee89
18. Breauxlabs
19. love2stamp
20. stinkerbelle
21. njr007
22. lcs_99
23. meh
24. scrappinmom99
25. lisn2cats
26. ScrappyRN74
27. ScrappyCandy
28. JA_Mehess
29. aceason
Last edited by Karyn_Sue on Sat May 18, 2024 2:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford

ImageImageImageImageImage
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2428

Re: Karyn_Sue's NSD Beatles Challenge

Post by emmapaige »

Great challenge!  I remember 60 years ago when they first started. Yes, I'm that old. 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Karyn_Sue
Cherry Bing

Post by Karyn_Sue »

emmapaige wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 11:05 am
Great challenge!  I remember 60 years ago when they first started. Yes, I'm that old. 

me too!  See trivia question #1!!!!
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford

StacyLee
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 922

Post by StacyLee »

Oh I love this challenge, Karyn Sue! My two favorite Beatles songs, are lesser known….putting my thinking cap on to create a layout  :greenlol:
Stacy

ImageImageImage

Cynthia Corbett
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 281

Post by Cynthia Corbett »

OHHHH. I know just what to work on.
Karyn_Sue
Cherry Bing

Post by Karyn_Sue »

StacyLeeD wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 11:07 am
Oh I love this challenge, Karyn Sue! My two favorite Beatles songs, are lesser known….putting my thinking cap on to create a layout  :greenlol:

Yeah!!!!  Some of those lesser known songs are quite beautiful!  Can't wait to see what you come up with and what title you choose!

ScrapyCandy
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 73

Post by ScrapyCandy »

NICE layout!!!! I will start reading allllll those song titles.
Scrapycandy
meh
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 20

Post by meh »

Fun challenge

I'm old enough to remember when the Beatles hit the scene. I have vivid memories of the day after their appearance on the Ed Sullivan show. Of course all of my friends and I had to choose our favorite Beatle (I chose George - he looked so soulful to 13 year old me). It's going to be hard to choose a song but I'm up for it.
MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2024

Post by MTCanuk »

I am right there with you growing up in the 60's  and their music.  Love your layout and I have lots of photos to fit this song title too!!  Lots of scouts in my family and camping outings!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

Karyn_Sue
Cherry Bing

Post by Karyn_Sue »

MTCanuk wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 11:12 am
I am right there with you growing up in the 60's  and their music.  Love your layout and I have lots of photos to fit this song title too!!  Lots of scouts in my family and camping outings!

Feel free to use that title - I think it is an awesome one for scouts camp - well, obviously I do. And even though I "used it first" it will still qualify as lesser known!

Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 504

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Lovely example layout, Karyn Sue!! Great challenge!
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1037

Post by pawprints »

I also grew up in the 60s and remember seeing them on the Ed Sullivan Show. Great challenge and love your layout!

Image Image Image Image

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 731

Post by sherelm »

emmapaige wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 11:05 am

I am too Chris!
Mandajo
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 9

Post by Mandajo »

This is a fun one! I have a few ideas floating around. My son was just telling me that he had watched the movie "Yesterday", about the guy who is suddenly the only person that remembers the Beatles. Now I think I need to watch it this weekend!
Karyn_Sue
Cherry Bing

Post by Karyn_Sue »

Mandajo wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 11:29 am
This is a fun one! I have a few ideas floating around. My son was just telling me that he had watched the movie "Yesterday", about the guy who is suddenly the only person that remembers the Beatles. Now I think I need to watch it this weekend!
It's a cute movie and I read that the surviving Beatles and the families of the others approved of the project.

Monroe1218
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 80

Post by Monroe1218 »

Love this challenge!! And I know just what song I want to use!
Rebecca

MacSarah
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 276

Post by MacSarah »

My 8 year old just started a Spotify playlist of Beatles songs because she kept singing several and my husband connected-the-dots for her.  She will have to share with me so I can get some inspo!  She will be excited since she has decided to be my scrap buddy this weekend.  Funny part will be she does not know which one's are lesser known.
~Sarah~
Nette523
Cherry Tart

Post by Nette523 »

When I’m 64
Mother Natures Son

Thanks!
aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1765

Post by aheatfan »

Great Challenge  😊
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"

traveler
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 750

Post by traveler »

I did googling to find an obscure Beatle's song that would work for me and I found this
https://www.beatlesbible.com/songs/birthday/
Birthday
and here's my layout:
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “National Scrapbook Day 2024”