Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Bomb

Re: Karyn_Sue's NSD Beatles Challenge
jmo95 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 10:31 pm

"In my Life' is a beautiful song and a perfect title for a beautiful layout of these lovely family pictures! I love how well the floral paper coordinates with the colors in the picture.
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford

ImageImageImageImageImage

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Bomb

TheCraftyLady wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 11:39 am
Found 5 songs that made my short list (I'm working on my Grandson's baby book)  don't really care for the lyrics but the title  :greeninlove: .  This Boy 1962 (flip side of I Wanna Hold Your Hand)

LOL - the lyrics don't count for this challenge - we can save a "Beatles lyric challenge" for another day!  But, "This Boy" does make a lovely title for this adorable two page layout of your sweet DGS!!  I love how you did the title "suspended with the twine - very unique touch.
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Bomb

oceanbreezes423 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 1:19 pm
Here is my entry, the Song was titled The Walk.

ImageImage
I see you certainly dug into the Beatle's discography to find this gem!  And it certainly is the perfect title for this gorgeous monochromatic double page layout of walking in nature! I love how you did the title along the side - I've tried to do this, I love the way it looks on other cherry's pages, but I just can't ever get it to look "right" on my own!

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Bomb

QueenBee89 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 2:44 pm
here's mine! title choice was a no brainer LOL 

"boys" 
ok - so you clearly understood the assignment!  (I'm, of course, not at all surprised!)  If the Beatle's song is so obscure I had to google it - well, then it's very obscure!  I did recognize it once I heard it, but I guess since it wasn't a Lennon/McCarney composition it didn't register at first. This is actually a song that the Beatles covered, BUT it appears on one of their early albums AND they sung it on live T V (there's film of it) so it definitely counts!  I love the hexagons - that was a lot of work!  Inking them all and piecing them together - and they are small ones too!!  

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Bomb

Breauxlabs wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 10:08 am
I picked Ticket To Ride from 1965

"Ticket to Ride" is a great song (and a popular choice for this challenge!) It is certainly a perfect choice for this layout where you've included the entrance tickets as ephemera!!! I love how your muted background and title colors make your pics pop!

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Bomb

love2stamp wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:50 am
I chose Ticket to Ride

"Ticket to Ride" is a great song (and a popular choice for this challenge!) It is certainly a perfect choice for this bumper car ride and it even coordinates with your background paper!  I gotta say I recognize that awesome ticket paper - it's such a perfect background paper. I loved that line and wish I had more but alas I used it all. 

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Bomb

stinkerbelle wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 10:24 am
i chose Blue Jay Way from 1967

ok - so you clearly understood the assignment!  (I'm, of course, not at all surprised!)  If the Beatle's song is so obscure I had to google it - well, then it's very obscure!  I did recognize it once I heard it, but I gotta admit register at first. (I'll also admit that I am less of a fan of their "psychedelic/LSD inspired work, LOL) how lucky for you that your hometown team shares a name with a Beatles song!!  Amazing!!

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Bomb

njr007 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 2:48 pm
I used the song Her Majesty from the Abbey Road album
https://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/340630-her-majesty
TFL
Norma
"Her Majesty" is a short little ditty of a song, but this last song of the Abbey Road medley certainly makes a perfect title for your pics!  I love everything about your layout - the way you matted and layered the soft colored strips, the doily, the awesome title font - it all works together so perfectly.

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Bomb

lcs_99 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 6:49 pm
I used the song Ain't She Sweet

At first glance I thought that the "Aint she sweet" title referred to the lovely lady in the photo - then I looked closer and read the journaling and realized it was the pet lizard that you were calling sweet!  LOL - I guess even pet lizards can be sweet, and it is certainly a sweet photo! I absolutely love the way that you created the background by surrounding the photo with all the layers of assorted ephemera - what a great idea, so unique! 

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Bomb

GMFTS wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 2:50 pm
I used Getting Better from the Sergeant Pepper album. It was another one of those no-brainers.
for rehab!  
This is awesome!  It's like this challenge was just made for your recovery photos!  "Getting Better" is absolutely the perfect title for rehab! Love your hair, btw and love that your background paper coordinates so well with it. All the Doodlebug medical sprinkles are very cute, and they are going straight into my basket!

ScrapyCandy

Sweet Cherry Pie

This layout continues my vacation album and was the last few pictures of The Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden (it is a very big place). The Beatles Song Title "The Long and Winding Road" seemed to be the perfect layout title!
Scrapycandy

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Bomb

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 5:16 pm
I was born in 1971 so I missed the Beatles by 1 year. I have always loved them though. The story goes that I saw Magical Mystery Tour when I was 6. Not sure where or with who and I don't remember this but apparently I begged for the record. I do remember lying on the floor looking through the booklet in the sleeve and listening to it over and over. Also, in my head the 4 cops on the wall in the background in the one picture were the Monkees. I don't know where I got that idea LOL! In any case, I know Rocky Raccoon is from the White Album not Magical Mystery Tour, but that's my Beatles origin story LOL!

Loved your "Beatle's origin story"!  Thanks for sharing. I love hearing stories like this about how people found "their music".  How adorable that you have raccoons living in your tree! We live in the fairly urban suburbs of a medium sized city, and we still have all sorts of critters in our backyard too. Great choice of a song to use as the layout title for your cute pictures. Yes, you are correct that this song is on the White Album. Love your colorful layout.

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Bomb

Lisn2cats wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 11:37 pm
   I chose Money (That’s What I Want) - 1963
LOL - yeah - I'll take one of those $1,000,000 bills too!! Sounds like a wonderful program - hey if there's wine it can't be all bad! Great choice of title for this layout - and love all the "dollar bill green" you used as well!

JA_Mehess

Cherry Blossom

I have always loved the song, When I'm 64. So glad I was able to get this one done.

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Bomb

ScrappyRN74 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 12:12 pm

Awesome song choice for this page about your trip to the Louve. This title is so perfect for your subject! I was in Paris but unfortunately, we didn't make it there. I love how you did this layout with the small pics of the masters! And a great idea to use the black letters on the white and the white letters on the black!

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Bomb

cbee wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 8:45 pm
This layout continues my vacation album and was the last few pictures of The Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden (it is a very big place). The Beatles Song Title "The Long and Winding Road" seemed to be the perfect layout title!
"The Long and Winding Road" is a beautiful song and a great choice for these beautiful pictures. Love the quote you chose, and that stencil work is gorgeous!

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Bomb

JA_Mehess wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 9:50 pm
I have always loved the song, When I'm 64. So glad I was able to get this one done.
I love that song too and I also did a layout for this Beatles song.  Great journaling.  Love how you chose pics related to the journaling rather than a pic of you!  Awesome idea. Inquiring minds what to know are those things that you already accomplished or are they your goals for 64?  

QueenBee89

Cherry Cola

Karyn_Sue wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 7:50 pm
QueenBee89 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 2:44 pm
here's mine! title choice was a no brainer LOL 

"boys" 
ok - so you clearly understood the assignment!  (I'm, of course, not at all surprised!)  If the Beatle's song is so obscure I had to google it - well, then it's very obscure!  I did recognize it once I heard it, but I guess since it wasn't a Lennon/McCarney composition it didn't register at first. This is actually a song that the Beatles covered, BUT it appears on one of their early albums AND they sung it on live T V (there's film of it) so it definitely counts!  I love the hexagons - that was a lot of work!  Inking them all and piecing them together - and they are small ones too!!   

LOL! I honestly have never heard the song, I looked up their early albums to see what popped out at me! "Yellow Submarine" and "Hey, Jude" just weren't gonna cut it for me (and it's the largest Fiskars squeeze hexagon punch... not sure the measurement BUT if I cover the entire background (this one I cheated and left space blank behind the photo) it takes FIFTY-SIX hexies! I love it though!
~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image Image

aceason

Cherry Bing

I used the song Here There and Everywhere

JA_Mehess

Cherry Blossom

Karyn_Sue wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 10:00 pm
JA_Mehess wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 9:50 pm
I love that song too and I also did a layout for this Beatles song.  Great journaling.  Love how you chose pics related to the journaling rather than a pic of you!  Awesome idea. Inquiring minds what to know are those things that you already accomplished or are they your goals for 64?   
Thanks! These are goals for when I'm 64, about 2 years from now.

Return to “National Scrapbook Day 2024”

Information