Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1722

Re: Natalie’s DIY Background Challenge

Post by QueenBee89 »

NatalieDill wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 11:34 am
QueenBee89 wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 1:51 pm
One of my current faves! Stencils, Stamps & Splatters!

OHHH I super love this layout! That background is perfection. I'm adding this to my favorites!

Thank you!! One of my faves from the week too :)
~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image Image
Natalie Dill
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 729

Post by Natalie Dill »

QueenBee89 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 11:44 am
NatalieDill wrote:
QueenBee89 wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 1:51 pm
One of my current faves! Stencils, Stamps & Splatters!

OHHH I super love this layout! That background is perfection. I'm adding this to my favorites! 

I just visited your gallery and I'm BLOWN AWAY by how many layouts you have created! Great job on scrapping so many in celebration of NSD!
Natalie 💖 🍒  Find more at Dillightfully Crafty YouTube

QueenBee89
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1722

Post by QueenBee89 »

NatalieDill wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 11:47 am
QueenBee89 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 11:44 am
NatalieDill wrote:

I just visited your gallery and I'm BLOWN AWAY by how many layouts you have created! Great job on scrapping so many in celebration of NSD!

I’m still a little bit in awe of my abundance of layouts 🙈 - time to clean my house and do some laundry LOL
~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image Image
Natalie Dill
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 729

Natalie’s DIY Background Challenge

Post by Natalie Dill »

Thank you all for playing along so much! I absolutely love seeing everyone's layouts and amazing backgrounds!

They're all too great, so I used a random number generator and the fabulous winner is FoxyStamping! Congrats!
Please send Jessica Harvey a private message on here and tell her you're the winner of the the DIY Background Challenge and where she can send your Let's Create + Day In The Life from Echo Park prize!

Here's FoxyStamping's beautiful background:
FoxyStamping wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 3:23 pm
Here is mine.  First the background was pounced with a mixture of stazon ink refills & alchohol, and after dry I stenciled the doily all over it.  Thanks for the challenge.

Natalie 💖 🍒  Find more at Dillightfully Crafty YouTube

Cards4Ever
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 216

Post by Cards4Ever »

Congrats FoxyStamping
Mandi My Blog
Sandi0805
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2310

Post by Sandi0805 »

Congrats!!!
 Image ImageImage
amysolovay
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 33

Post by amysolovay »

YAYYYYY FoxyStamping!! Congrats!! Your winning layout is completely, totally gorgeous!
Want to be InstaFriends? I invite you to follow me on Instagram; I'm @amysolovay. I'd love to follow you, too; please feel free to mention your Insta-ID to me, especially if your account is private, so I can be sure of finding you there.

I also invite you to check out my craft blog at KnittingCrochetCrafts.com if you'd like to see the paper craft and crochet projects I've been making lately. Thanks for your interest!
lisn2cats
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 495

Post by lisn2cats »

NatalieDill wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 11:28 am
Lisn2cats wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 11:21 am
Here’s my LO!
This is INCREDIBLE! I absolutely love how you mimicked the background to look like the photo! 
Did you make a process video? I would love to see how this came together!!! Absolutely stunning! 

No process video but super easy! For the sky I used a sea sponge and started with blue inks. Then I picked one of the blues (I think it was distress Stormy Sky) and used my blending brush to try and even out my splotches. The clouds were sort of a happy accident. I was too heavy-handed with the blues in a few areas so I sponged on some white acrylic paint (light hand) to make fluffy clouds. The water was even easier. I blended 2 darker blues (distress Mariner and Blue Jeans I think) for the base of the water. Took my Stampin Up High Tide ripples stamp and ink the "waves" with my darkest blue  ink (Chipped Sapphire). Done. I stuck the washi skyline on top and didn't realize that the inking was dark enough to show through the white parts so I took my inks and just blended it all on top with my blending brush. It grayed out some of the yellow window lights but that doesn't bother me.
Image  ImageImageImage
amysolovay
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 33

Post by amysolovay »

Lisn2cats wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 1:59 pm
NatalieDill wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 11:28 am
Lisn2cats wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 11:21 am
Here’s my LO!
This is INCREDIBLE! I absolutely love how you mimicked the background to look like the photo! 
Did you make a process video? I would love to see how this came together!!! Absolutely stunning! 

No process video but super easy! For the sky I used a sea sponge and started with blue inks. Then I picked one of the blues (I think it was distress Stormy Sky) and used my blending brush to try and even out my splotches. The clouds were sort of a happy accident. I was too heavy-handed with the blues in a few areas so I sponged on some white acrylic paint (light hand) to make fluffy clouds. The water was even easier. I blended 2 darker blues (distress Mariner and Blue Jeans I think) for the base of the water. Took my Stampin Up High Tide ripples stamp and ink the "waves" with my darkest blue  ink (Chipped Sapphire). Done. I stuck the washi skyline on top and didn't realize that the inking was dark enough to show through the white parts so I took my inks and just blended it all on top with my blending brush. It grayed out some of the yellow window lights but that doesn't bother me.

Lisn2cats, thanks for sharing your process for making this. I love how your cloudy sky turned out -- so artsy and gorgeous!
Want to be InstaFriends? I invite you to follow me on Instagram; I'm @amysolovay. I'd love to follow you, too; please feel free to mention your Insta-ID to me, especially if your account is private, so I can be sure of finding you there.

I also invite you to check out my craft blog at KnittingCrochetCrafts.com if you'd like to see the paper craft and crochet projects I've been making lately. Thanks for your interest!
FoxyStamping
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 128

Post by FoxyStamping »

Thank you for the wonderful prize!  Thank you for your sweet comments, too.  This is first time I have played these challenges.  It has been so fun.  I am hoping to play in the other challenges because there is some wonderful inspiration in this community.  
Sharon
Karyn_Sue
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 734

Post by Karyn_Sue »

Congrats FoxyStamping!

How exciting that a newbie Cherry tart won such an awesome prize!
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford

ImageImageImageImageImage
lisn2cats
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 495

Post by lisn2cats »

NatalieDill wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 12:10 pm
Thank you all for playing along so much! I absolutely love seeing everyone's layouts and amazing backgrounds!

They're all too great, so I used a random number generator and the fabulous winner is FoxyStamping! Congrats!
Please send Jessica Harvey a private message on here and tell her you're the winner of the the DIY Background Challenge and where she can send your Let's Create + Day In The Life from Echo Park prize!

Here's FoxyStamping's beautiful background:
FoxyStamping wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 3:23 pm
Here is mine.  First the background was pounced with a mixture of stazon ink refills & alchohol, and after dry I stenciled the doily all over it.  Thanks for the challenge.

I've never tried using ink refills and alcohol to make a background (though it makes sense - i use alcohol inks!). Love how youused a doily as a stencil. Your background is so cool and has movement. I need to find all my refills and try this out!
Image  ImageImageImage

Return to “National Scrapbook Day 2023”