Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Jessica.

ACOT Employee

Ink Pad Organization
If your ink pad stash could use some organization, we have a blog post for you!

traveler

Cherry Cola

Re: Ink Pad Organization
I like the idea of adding the labels.

I see that you store them on their side. How do you keep the lids from falling off?

I was once told to store them upside down to keep the inkpad wet. I have no idea if that's true, and I only do it with some of my inks. Have you heard that?
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

Jessica.

ACOT Employee

trainmom wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:38 am

I see that you store them on their side. How do you keep the lids from falling off?

I was once told to store them upside down to keep the inkpad wet. I have no idea if that's true, and I only do it with some of my inks. Have you heard that?

I haven't had much of a problem with the lids falling off. I do think it is probably better to store them face up or upside down, but that doesn't work as well for me at the moment because they are stored in filing cabinets. I have heard some people swear by storing them upside down, but I haven't tried it.

Craftyshannon

Sweet Cherry Pie

trainmom wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:38 am

Tim Holtz addressed this once on a live, and he said to store them however you want. He said it doesn't matter if they're right side up or upside down and in most climate they won't leak. I thought the same as you so was suprised to hear it

LoreenC

Cherry Garcia

Thank you ! I have a bunch of TH distress oxide ink ! I will store it however I get to it ! 
ImageImageImageImageImage

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

I did something similar but used self stick address labels that I cut to fit the side of my inks.  I love how the TH inks stack and have 3 of the metal tins that he had out years back to hold them.
    ImageImage

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

VickiR wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:04 pm
I did something similar but used self stick address labels that I cut to fit the side of my inks.  I love how the TH inks stack and have 3 of the metal tins that he had out years back to hold them.

I have some of those too and they are crazy expensive on eBay now. I think they are like collector items. 
ImageImage 

Ashjoy

Cherry Bomb

I have great storage, but they aren't labeled like that. I love it.
Joyce 

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

scrapy1967 wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:04 pm
VickiR wrote:

I have some of those too and they are crazy expensive on eBay now. I think they are like collector items.  
I know, right?  I had 4 but gave one to a friend years ago.  I won't part with the ones I have.

ImageImage

debraruffing

Sweet Cherry Pie

I hate the small Tim Holtz...the lids pop off when you stack them and they do not stay wet.  I am so disgusted.  I seldom use inks but want the colors for when I do...and the big ones dry out too soon...

Debra R. 
Nana of 5, Mama of 2, Disney Addict

ImageImage  ImageImageImage

debraruffing

Sweet Cherry Pie

VickiR wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:17 pm
scrapy1967 wrote:
VickiR wrote:

I know, right?  I had 4 but gave one to a friend years ago.  I won't part with the ones I have.

I love the one I have but it does not hold them all...and I hate that they dry out.  I have a pad my Mama bought 40 years ago and it is still fine!  My favorite pad...it is forest green...not sure of the brand right now.

Debra R. 

debraruffing

Sweet Cherry Pie

Tim Holtz does have new holders in tin.  Not nearly as nice as the old ones.  His products are quite disappointing to me in quality.  The pads curl up even when sealed in the package...

Debra R. 

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

VickiR wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:17 pm
scrapy1967 wrote:
VickiR wrote:

I had one but it fell apart and I couldn't fix it so it went into the trash!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

druffing wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:41 am
I hate the small Tim Holtz...the lids pop off when you stack them and they do not stay wet.  I am so disgusted.  I seldom use inks but want the colors for when I do...and the big ones dry out too soon...

Mine do the same thing! I hate it.

ImageImage 

Return to “On The Cherry Blog”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee