Getting to Know you game - closed

Moderators: Rachel Kent, ACOT Employee

Sandi0805
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2310

Getting to Know you game - closed

Post by Sandi0805 »

Is everyone having fun today?  So far it has been a fun day of challenges and games.  I have seen lots of new names that signed up for Bingo.  Welcome to all the new cherries.  

So, let's play "Get To Know You" game.   Newbies, veterans, the vintage, and the seasoned ones (I think that covers everyone).   Post on this thread tidbits about yourself.  Ex:  How you found ACOT, how long you've been scrapping, your style of scrapping, family, where you live etc.  

Points will be sprinkled for participating cherries.
Last edited by Sandi0805 on Sun May 02, 2021 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
 Image ImageImage
debraruffing
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 508

Re: Getting to Know you game

Post by debraruffing »

I have been on ACOT for a few years.  I scrapbook every day in my studio.  My other hobbies are quilting, cross stitch and reading

I am Nana to THE FABULOUS FIVE!  

Married for almost 48 years.

Red hair, green eyes...lol...love nail polish, chocolate, books and vacations!

I live in SW Pennsylvania.
Debra R. 
Nana of 5, Mama of 2, Disney Addict

ImageImage  ImageImageImage
mrozwood
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 347

Post by mrozwood »

Hi!  I'm Melanie.  I have 2 boys, husband and dog.  We currently live in a warmer area.  I'm a VERY clean and simple scrapper and usually use masculine or earthy colors.  My husband is the reason I started scrapping.
~Melanie

It's ok, I scrapbook.
Jan G.
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 86

Post by Jan G. »

Hi!  I'm Jan.  I have been scrapping since my daughter was about 2 years old.  She is 28 now.  I live in Keene Texas and work in Fort Worth.  I have one daughter and two step-sons.  My husband is a huge supporter of my hobby which I am so grateful.  I do all kinds of scrapbooking and card making.  I also love ring bound planners. I also have two cats.  One a dilute calico named Liesel and another, which we were told is a Linx point named Sophie.  I'm not sure when I found ACOT, but I adore them.  They are my go-to scrapbooking company.  I'm sure I've spent a small fortune with them now.  I love the message boards as well, but with work and outside commitments, I don't get to play along with the challenges as I would like to.  Happy to get to play along during iNSD each year though!  I plan way in advance for this!
Jan G.
aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1800

Post by aheatfan »

Hi. I'm Kristin. I stumbled on ACOT by accident, last year this very weekend and was hooked. Everyone here was so welcoming and kind. I have been scrapping in one way or another since early high school (1980ish). My style of scrapping is fast and clean, more focus on the story than the stuff. I am married for 27 years, with two boys in their 20's. I teach first grade and live in sunny South Florida.  

🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 325

Post by Flasher »

I've been here at ACOT since 2003! 
I'm married with two adult kids.
I'm a paralegal.
I'm a weirdo with an "out there" sense of humor.
"Kill Bill" is my favorite movie.
I'm obsessed with the color pink!
I live 30 minutes from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!
My scrappy style -- whatever works in the moment!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

LolaNicole
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 11

Post by LolaNicole »

I’m a newbie just participated a little bit last year and I’m back this year and trying to play games and read all the fun stuff going on.

Found ACOT from my mama.
Been scrapbooking for 25 years.
Mama of two
Live in PA but my heart lives in Florida

Thanks!
emarie803
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 691

Post by emarie803 »

I'm Em and I have been on a scrapping hiatus for a few years now, but I have been a member here since 2005!! I scrap multi photo LOs (mostly about my now 7yo son) and I am on the Sketches in Thyme design team. I am currently in school getting my degree in Surgical Technology. Aside from crafting, I love hockey, Harry Potter, margaritas, and chocolate
lesmitch
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 187

Post by lesmitch »

My name is Leslie
I found ACOT through You!

Been married 35 years and scrapping since 2009.
 ImageImageImageImageImage

ScrapyCandy
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 73

Post by ScrapyCandy »

Hi everyone! 

I live near a harbor in Puget Sound, Washington state. I have shopped ACOT forever, I have scrapped forever. I have started using mixed media in my scrapping and in making cards.  Will soon have 2 weddings to scrap after COVID issues allow both boys to wed their girlfriends. It will be a full year!
Scrapycandy
Isabella S
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 5

Post by Isabella S »

Hello everyone! I am a newbie and this is my first year on A Cherry On Top. I learned about it through a family member that also scrapbooks! I have been scrapbooking for about 3 years. I like more of a simple layout style and I am not very fond of Mixed Media. I have a very large family and we live in Pennsylvania. I have been having a lot of fun while participating in this years NSD. Thank you all for the fun challenges and games!  :greenlol:
joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2450

Post by joannie »

I found ACOT in 2009 and started being a regular in 2010. I was involved with another web site, Lifetime Moments. Sandi was my first Cherry i met IRL!!
I live in a small town in Indiana, west of Indy. I am married and have 3 kiddos! 
My style is all over the place. 
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2056

Post by MTCanuk »

Leslee here.  Canadian born and raised, married an American almost 37 years ago. We met in Germany!
We have 2 grown daughters and 4 grandkids.
Started scrapping in 2000 as a NY resolution to record stories and memories.
We live in Big Sky country.  
I love to also travel and take photos  Quilt and cross stitch.  

ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2056

Post by MTCanuk »

cbee wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 3:16 pm
Hi everyone! 

I live near a harbor in Puget Sound, Washington state. I have shopped ACOT forever, I have scrapped forever. I have started using mixed media in my scrapping and in making cards.  Will soon have 2 weddings to scrap after COVID issues allow both boys to wed their girlfriends. It will be a full year!

Hi there!  I have a DD in Seattle, so in normal times get out there fairly frequently.  She has lived there since college.  Went to UPS.  
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

ScrappyDistractions
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 854

Post by ScrappyDistractions »

Don't remember how I found ACOT but was around the time Two Peas in a Bucket closed up.  SO GLAD I found y'all
My life is centered around work (analyst for Dell technologies), our hobby farm, and my daughter now in college in Pittsburgh

Lisa - Scrappy Distractions

ImageImageImage

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3715

Post by blbabe1234 »

I'm one of those veteran cherries.  😉

My name is Brandy. Born and raised in Corpus Christi, TX. Been married to DH for 14 years and we've been together for 20. Got 3 doggies and 1 kitty. 

Found ACOT back in August 2010 during a crop and haven't left. Y'all tired of me yet?! LOL

Been scrapping since 2009. My SIL and 2 of my friends were doing it and it looked COOL. We now all get together quarterly, scrapping at my house with my DH making everyone waffles the next morning. 

I'm a software developer for a foster care agency here in Texas. My client has 6 offices and I maintain it all.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5444

Post by Deanna13 »

I'm Deanna! I've been here for many, many years. I'm Nana to 9 wonderful grandkids who keep me very, very busy scrapping all their photos. We love to travel and have even traveled as a whole family a few times. We live in Southeastern OH.
Image Image ImageImage
MamaKL5
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 7

Post by MamaKL5 »

My name is Karina and I have been scrapbooking for many years.  I have completed my wedding album and honeymoon box.  I have three teenagers and three cats.  My family lives in Southwestern PA very close to Sarris Candy Company!
4kids_and_crafting
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 77

Post by 4kids_and_crafting »

I'm so excited to be here! I'm a newbie from San Francisco here and I found ACOT through Victoria Marie Designs. I did a little bit of scrapbooking about 15 years ago but then life got too busy when I started having kids. Now that they're older (4 kids, ages 4, 6, 8, 10!) I've started getting back into scrapping and catching up on all the kids' albums! I'd say I'm a simple scrapper which helps when I'm trying to catch up--I don't think too long about it and just go for it!
Kayla S.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 217

Post by Kayla S. »

Luckily heard about ACOT through my favorite youtube/patreon scrapbooker Janet Madison at RTS. I was hooked instantly by the challenges and encouraging cherries on the message board. I've been scrapping for roughly 10 years and the last decade has given me plenty of memories to preserve (career as a flight attendant, married, welcomed a baby boy- now 2 years old, and all the fabulous moments in between). I live in the outskirts of Pittsburgh  😊

Return to “NSD Online Crop 2021”