Gallery: 86

Re: NSD 2021 - Anyone making kits?

Post by Jan G. »

ScrappyDistractions wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:42 am
janannemd wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:05 am
Printing some photos!

Yup - that's where I started.  And then I ran out of printer ink, got more only to be told off by my printer that the sheap non-brand I bought wasn;t compatible.  So new expensive ink cartridges on order.  THEN I ran out of photo paper.  Thank goodness I have another 2 weeks (+/-)!

Oh noooo!   That would happen to me.  I can just see it.  I hate how expensive ink is!

Jan G.
scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Post by scrapy1967 »

Nope I totally wing it. I have my hip kits if I feel I want a kit but for the most part I do not use kits. I mostly buy those for the exclusive items. Like Brandy I only make sure I have the necessary items. 
ImageImage 

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2362

Post by Art_Teacher »

I have several “kits” already put together, but if they don’t work for the challenge, I will find other photos. lol
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
JAire
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 950

Post by JAire »

Never had success with putting kits together. I did think about it for this year, but then decided I know where everything is. My problem isn't finding or matching stuff. For me, and what I'm now doing, is gathering photos. By putting thought into grouping some prints. That is always my hang up - what photos to use. Once I know what the challenge requirements are I can more quickly select photos. Once I have the photos I can force myself to "just pick the papers" instead of over thinking it to death.
Joyce Ann
ImageImageImageImageImage

CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1803

Post by CarrieG »

i will make up some basic kits....photos and general idea of the supplies--even if just written down...so i can focus more on scrapping vs looking
it was on my list to start tonight but didnt happen so gonna shoot for tomorrow
Byrder
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 6

Post by Byrder »

I have made some kits and found a few leftover from last iNSD. Last year was the first time I made kits and it was amazing! I spend too much time choosing paper and I wants to actually spend my time SCRAPBOOKING on iNSD. I think I ended up with 9 completed layouts last year, which was by far a record for me for one day. Hoping to make several this year too
ScrappyDistractions
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 858

Post by ScrappyDistractions »

JAire wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:30 pm
Never had success with putting kits together. I did think about it for this year, but then decided I know where everything is. My problem isn't finding or matching stuff. For me, and what I'm now doing, is gathering photos. By putting thought into grouping some prints. That is always my hang up - what photos to use. Once I know what the challenge requirements are I can more quickly select photos. Once I have the photos I can force myself to "just pick the papers" instead of over thinking it to death.

I envy your ability to just pick the papers.  That is my biggest challenge - I overthink it so much and go through my entire collection each and every time "just in case" there is an even more perfect match.  And then along the way get totally sidetracked when I find a paper for an entirely different project.  Sheesh!  It's a wonder I get anything done....   That is the only reason I have now started to try to build kits.  I almost never buy collections so I'm trying to force myself to go through my stuff during my 'down time' so that when I am in a time crunch to build the layout itself I don;t allow myself to get distracted by all my pretty things.

Lisa - Scrappy Distractions

ImageImageImage

MacSarah
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 276

Post by MacSarah »

I wouldn't exactly call it kits either, but I am definitely going into this year more organized than usual.  I am pulling photos and papers together.  and rounding up some of the things for ideas that I have had percolating for a while.  Trying to make it easy on myself in terms of not having to hunt particular pieces down while I am working.  I am putting my fingers on all the things I have not had at the ready at a previous time. And, I have been keeping a list of the hints and working on finding those items in advance, so I have them at the ready.  Never fails though...  all of my planning and organization and it is completely possible that none of it will get used as I planned or intended.

I feel like I have put more rigidity into my preparations this year and I feel more relaxed about going into the weekend.  Can't wait until 6 tomorrow night!  I have to work so that is my starting line.
~Sarah~
1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 800

Post by 1scrappymom »

Since we are leaving on vacation I am putting together some things to take with me.
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71

Return to “NSD Online Crop 2021”