D's Part One - Eeyore's Curiosity...

Moderators: Rachel Kent, ACOT Employee

DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 446

D's Part One - Eeyore's Curiosity...

Post by DN in MN »

Do remember being little and thinking about what you wanted to be when you grew up?  Eeyore wants to know what that was and what you ended up doing?

From the I want to be a Mom to an Astronaut... what was that dream?  Did it come true?  Did you become something better?  Life altered plans?

Give me the childhood dream and the reality :)  

2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 446

Re: D's Part One - Eeyore's Curiosity...

Post by DN in MN »

As a child I had a love for paper...Used to save it by the stacks and organize drawings, etc.  I wanted to be either a teacher or a lawyer.  Fast forward, I hated high school, so once I graduated, I took a full time job to figure out my plan.  At that point, I wanted to be a lawyer.  Ha... then, came the husband and two babies.  I worked my way up at the company I worked for and then ended up as a Finance Professional at a University.   

and for almost 20 years, I get my paper fix with this wonderful hobby :) 

Last edited by DN in MN on Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

love2stamp
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1035

Post by love2stamp »

I always wanted to be a dolphin trainer. Still do. LOL But instead I'm an insurance agent. Definitely not my dream job, but it pays the bills. 
ImageImageImageImage
Elysandrra
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 92

Post by Elysandrra »

When I was a little girl I always wanted to be a teacher, and when I reached my teen years I started taking teacher classes and found out that I absolutely hated being in front of a class of kids! Now I am my son’s teacher! Lol! (Not really, just being his mom and loving watching him play and learn).
karensay
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 240

Post by karensay »

I wanted to be a Gym or Art Teacher.  I was not good at either.  I drive a School Bus now.  
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper
mrozwood
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 347

Post by mrozwood »

I wanted to run a company. It's not any official corporation and I don't get paid...but I basically run our household.

At least that's what I tell myself. 😉
~Melanie

It's ok, I scrapbook.
Renee
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 353

Post by Renee »

When I was younger I knew I always wanted to be a mama - I also wanted to be a nurse or a teacher. 
I started working as a substitute teacher once my kiddo started school. I did that as well as working part-time in the front office at our local school for 8 years. Just last year I was hired full-time to work as the receptionist at the superintendent's office and I love it! 
VALERIE 03/22
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 449

Post by VALERIE 03/22 »

I WANTED TO BE A VET DUE TO MY LOVE OF ANIMALS.... STILL DO BUT HATE SCHOOL & SHOTS... MOVING FORWARD I'M NOW RETIRED & ON DISABLITY.... BUT NOW I HAVE ANOTHER LOVE & THATS SCRAPBOOKING....   VALERIE
ernstem
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 20

Post by ernstem »

When I was young I wanted to be a nurse.
However...I ended up a teacher. My teaching license is for 7th-12th grade English and Mathematics...but I currently teach 4K (4 year-old kindergarten). Explain that one! :?
CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1786

Post by CarrieG »

when i was little i wanted to be an artitect like Mike Brady.....then at about 16 i wanted to be a globe trotting journalist/photographer for National Geographic......finally settled on becoming a dental assistant.........BUT for the last 26 years i have been a wife and mama  
At my 20 yr class reunion i was voted "The Least Likely to have Become a Mini Van Mom"........wouldnt change it for a thing!
messa09
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 222

Post by messa09 »

As a child I wanted to be a marine biologist. I have a serious love of dolphins.

I went to college (first time) for architecture and theatre tech, and the second time for education.

Now, I am the Box Office Manager for a very new (18 months old) theatre in town. Until the pandemic it was a wonderful job...now I get yelled at a lot by crabby people.
blfonty
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 992

Post by blfonty »

As best as I can remember, I wanted to be a teacher. I'll have to think about how I ended up where I did...
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1369

Post by scrappinmom99 »

I wanted to be an author or a nurse or the first person on Mars LOL! I also wanted to have 6 kids. I'm a now a freelance copy editor and mother of 2. :greeninlove:
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2050

Post by MTCanuk »

Don’t ask me why, but as a kid I wanted to be a missionary in Africa!  Well, that was a bust, but a missionary in some sense as an RN.  First on a surgical/trauma unit then settled on neonatal nursing.  Wish travel nursing existed when I first started my career, would have loved to do that. 
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1384

Post by VickiR »

When I was younger, I wanted to be an Interior Designer.  However, I ended up in Nursing School.  After a bad car accident and fractured back, my schooling got derailed for a while.  I left the nursing program and became a Surgical Technologist/Scrub Nurse instead.  I loved every second of it...working in the O.R., I had 3 specialties.  OB-GYN on Mondays and Fridays, Open Heart on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and Ophthalmology on Wednesdays.   When I left the O.R., I worked in L&D for 15 years.  Spending 21 years behind a mask and now retired.  Never thought I would be doing it again!

My paper craft has been a great source of enjoyment over the years!!
lissahope26
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 1705

Post by lissahope26 »

As a child, I wanted to be an archaeologist like Indiana Jones.  That didn't happen...

Went to college to major in journalism, changed to Social Work which changed to Business Management (BA in BM)...

I'm a stay at home mom. :-D   I suppose raising kids is grand adventure.  You discover new things about yourself and them daily.  So it's kind of like being an archaeologist. :-D
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1500

Post by Charleneanne »

When I was growing up I wanted to b either a college professor or a successful writer. I ended up a happily married woman to the love of my life with 3 beautiful kids. And discovered at age 63 what I always wanted to b was a grandma. I just didn’t know it until they put my first grandchild in my arms.
Pretty corny huh
Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5433

Post by Deanna13 »

When I was little I always wanted to be a teacher. 

In high school I went to a Career Center my Senior year for Secretarial Classes. I had on-the-job training part of the year at a bank and went on to work there for about a year after graduating. Then I was hired at a Chemical Plant PPG in Secretarial and Shipping work. Worked there for 8ish years and then had our kids so was a stay-at-home Mom. 
Image Image ImageImage
anazelia
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 803

Post by anazelia »

I wanted to be a teacher.  I was (and kind of still am) am teacher.  I taught high school before having kids.  When my youngest was in kindergarten I started subbing at her school.  I do a lot of long term subbing- anywhere from 10 days to 12 weeks.  I am supposed to do a long term to start the school year in the fall in 1st grade.
Lizzi97
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 55

Post by Lizzi97 »

When I was in the 5th grade we spent many evenings eating dinner while watching the OJ Simpson trials, so I wanted to be a lawyer like Marcia Clark. But, as my brother pointed out, I'm too nice to be a lawyer. I chose to go to graduate school for Classical literature (Greek & Latin), and I'm working on my dissertation now. There probably won't be any jobs when I graduate (the prospects were never good anyway), so we'll see what I end up doing...

Return to “NSD Celebration 2020”