D's Part One - Eeyore's Curiosity...

Moderators: Rachel Kent, ACOT Employee

wendycrowe
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1112

Re: D's Part One - Eeyore's Curiosity...

Post by wendycrowe »

I've always wanted to be a Secretary.  Working in an office environment.  Not the boss, but someone's right hand.  I'm currently an Accounts Receivable Manager.  I'm manage myself....lol
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2464

Post by emmapaige »

I wanted to be a librarian when I grew up.  My best friend and I would play that by creating library card and pockets to put in the back of all our books.  She moved away and then I moved away.  A few years ago she found me on Facebook and guess what she just retired from?  Yep, a librarian!!

i ended up first being a secretary, then a stay at home mom and finally worked in Client Services. 
Last edited by emmapaige on Sun May 03, 2020 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

CathyG89
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 447

Post by CathyG89 »

I wanted to be a vet but became a teacher instead.
ImageImageImage
Jenny_wren
Cherry Tart

Post by Jenny_wren »

I wanted to be a midwife but became a care assistant & mummy instead
PSCraft
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 409

Post by PSCraft »

I always wanted to be a vet because I love animals...still love animals but I’m a computer programs trainer. So close...
Pam

LoreenC
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 1284

Post by LoreenC »

Here’s a chuckle, when I was very young I wanted to be an Indian, just ride around on my horse I guess. I lived with my Grandparents in a Very Rural tiny town. Then I wanted to be a Logger (Grandpa who owned a logging Co.) But he absolutely Forbade me to be in the woods or at his jobs!!! But I really just wanted to be a wife & Mother & Have a garden & can food and Camp.Reality is, I was very Lucky & did not work steady when my girls were little, Then divorced,. went to Business college, again became a single mother , was a waitress and a few other jobs & was single for a long time. my last job was working in a Photo  Lab developing film and then was the Portrait Manager( senior, family, & wedding) where I met present husband! As with everyone just about, VERY different than I started out!!And welll blah,blah,blah , enough

ImageImageImageImageImage
Celticrose
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 88

Post by Celticrose »

I wanted to be a mom and a teacher (like my mom!).  I'm neither a mom nor a teacher, but I have many nieces and nephews that I love getting to watch grow up.
ImageImageImage
Sandi0805
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2310

Post by Sandi0805 »

It was so long ago that nothing really is coming to mind.  After graduation, I did go to a Business School to be a secretary/assistant if that counts.  That lasted about 15 years and then I quit to move out of state.  Ended up coming back and became a manager for an inventory company.  Long story short, I ended up the last 22 years of working as a Tax Analyst for our State.  I was in the Sales, Withholding and Food & Beverage taxes department.  Very interesting and challenging work.   Now I am happily retired and loving every minute of it.
 Image ImageImage
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 744

Post by sherelm »

Very odd answer for me, but I wanted to be a biological illustrator, you know, people who draw for text books and charts? It's even listed on my yearbook page.

I sort of did it, lol, I was a biological photographer. Well they say X-ray tech. Lol
catfal
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 24

Post by catfal »

I knew I wanted to be a teacher when I was in kindergarten. I also knew I wanted to be a mom. I ended up being a learning disabilities teacher for seven years before becoming a mom. 
rachel0017
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 375

Post by rachel0017 »

When I was younger I always wanted to be a teacher and/or an author/illustrator. Now, I am an elementary school librarian, so I guess I ended up combining the best of both worlds!
DMarie
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 462

Post by DMarie »

As a kid I wanted to be a teacher or photographer.  Well now I'm an Administrative Assistant at a church.  I also  teach kids and I'm a photographer.  Things went my way.  😉
Dawn Marie 
KAbel
Cherry Tart

Post by KAbel »

I wanted to be an airline stewardess and would practice. I ended up being a high school teacher. I also practiced teaching in my basement. We had a big chalkboard on the wall with two desks and school books.
LauraLee444
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 38

Post by LauraLee444 »

I wanted to be a teacher for kids who were deaf when I was a kid.  My own hearing loss played a big part in that.  As I did research it is hard to be respected by the deaf community (at that time with my partial hearing/ better hearing with hearing aids).  So I changed my dream to pediatrician's assistant...no no no..I do not do blood or shots well.  

I ended up becoming a teacher for children with special needs. My classroom ranges from children with autism and intellectual disabilities. I love my job, hate the paperwork and HATE this tele-teaching.  It is not doing much for my kids.  I'm frustrated and sad to see all the changes in their behavior and abilities since they are not practicin what they know everyday.

Anyway, my original dream and what I became were not that far off. :) I love me some little people!
Laura Lee
“Peace, Love and Hippiness” 
sadiescraps
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 3

Post by sadiescraps »

When I was little I wanted to be a teacher. I lined up my stuffed animals and dolls and made lesson plans. I ended up becoming a corporate trainer - so I am a teacher...I just teach adults in workplaces instead!
Aztam
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 700

Post by Aztam »

Librarian school counselor

Administrative assistant

Tam
Aztam
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 700

Post by Aztam »

Librarian school counselor

Administrative assistant

Tam
grirosa
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 91

Post by grirosa »

As a child I wanted to be virtuosa pianist. That didnt "play" as dreamed though. I became a lawyer and an optician. So, God had other plans for me.
Griselda
Image ImageImage
angelaturek
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 14

Post by angelaturek »

I wanted to be a variety of things, but mostly a teacher (forced by brother to play school with me all the time). And when I grew up, I ended up being a teacher!
jmo95
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 964

Post by jmo95 »

WHen I was little I wanted to be a teacher and for the last 20 years and for who knows how many more...that is what I am...a teacher.
Jenn
Don't fear the challenge, challenge the fear.

Image Image

Return to “NSD Celebration 2020”