Stacy's Pre-NSD "You Are Here" question

Moderators: Rachel Kent, ACOT Employee

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 323

Re: Stacy's Pre-NSD "You Are Here" question

Post by Flasher »

My here is the north coast of Ohio in a little town called Amherst . . . about halfway between Cleveland and the worlds best amusement park, Cedar Point!  Oh, I'm also about 3 minutes from the shores of Lake Erie!

I've not left the house since March 6, and that was for a doctor's appointment.  The kids haven't left the house since then either.  We do curbside pick-up for groceries and have done 3 since this started.  Mike picks those up!

Our family is still adjusting to having Mike here.  He's been here 24/7 since March 16 when he was told to work from home.  Work was finished on March 31.  But, he's still trying to find another job.  The longest he's ever been home was two weeks.  It's like . . . everywhere we go . . . he's there.  😩 😝

Just kidding, I'm glad he's here and not out there.  😷
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

jcsmaestra
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 930

Post by jcsmaestra »

I am “here” in Forked River, NJ, staying home since Mar. 6.  I have plenty to keep me busy.  I scrap almost every day, play my piano, paint, play online canasta with my canasta buddies.  I shop online and either pick up at the curb or get delivery.  I’m not bored at all.  I would love to see friends and family in person, but for now Zoom will have to do.  I’m really looking forward to our crop.  
Mary           Love is all around you.

ImageImage  Image Image Image

Yankeegirl
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1533

Post by Yankeegirl »

My 'here' is Lititz, PA, a small town in Lancaster County---Amish territory, as Vicky told you!  Right now we remain hunkered down as we are nowhere near plateauing yet with CV19. 
Since I am retired, I am used to being home, but I live in an 'active adult resort community', so I am typically very busy with all sorts of activities within our community.  That all came to a grinding halt the middle of March,  I have missed celebrating my DD, DH, and my birthdays since then.  I really REALLY miss hugging and seeing my grandkids.  DH, who traveled a majority of weeks in his contract work, is home now (company induced).     I am so sick of cooking dinner every night!   But I am being very good, going to the grocery store only every two weeks or so (I used to go every 2-3 days)!  I am also continuing my Meals on Wheels work, since I am a team leader there and we are considered 'essential' since we feed people who generally are shut-ins.  Other than that, there is no where to go since everything except food and drug stores are closed.   I really miss my spring treks to the horticultural gardens,  and if I don't get my hair cut soon and a pedicure I might not make it!    And I am concerned about my 93 y/o Mom who lives alone in CT, but I call her often and she seems to be doing okay.   I did get to spend two weeks with her in Feb. which has helped me to cope with not being able to see her.   But I did learn to ZOOM, and even have my own account now after taking an online class about it. 
Looking forward to the ACOT NSD.  While I have played in the past, it seems other things always got in the way.   This year I am totally free to scrap all three days!   Even though I don't have many photos, I will find enough from past vacations to get me through.
So much fun to meet all the 'newbies', and hear more about the 'oldbies'!!!!
I am running away from my responsibilities,
and it feels good!

Kathy

Image  Image  Image Image  Image      
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1500

Post by Charleneanne »

My here is Rancho Cordova, California-a small town just outside the Sacramento area. I live about 15 miles from where I was born and raised in Sacramento. Old, retired and live by myself except for one cat. My sons live close by and they do most of my going out for me just now. I do miss going to lunch and the movies and craft stores shopping with friends .
Krystle
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 697

Post by Krystle »

I am in Albuquerque, NM, and have been working from home and watching my kiddo!
anazelia
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 803

Post by anazelia »

Here is Arlington VA.  I am at home with my husband, two daughters, two dogs, and two cats.   My days are spent making sure my kids do their school work.
Renee
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 353

Post by Renee »

It's so nice to "meet" you all :) 

My here is in Southern Vermont! I live with my husband, 15 year old son, 2 dogs, 2 cats, and 1 chicken.The calendar may say spring but this week still feels like winter. I work as a receptionist at the superintendent's office for our school district, and these days I am sill going into the office daily. I'm looking forward to this weekend. 
LoreenC
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 1284

Post by LoreenC »

I am here in the Desert, on the border of California, And Mexico in sunny Hot, Yuma, AZ! It’s 104° today!
I am quarantining with my DH and furbaby Annie! My 82 YO Mom lives a couple of miles away, I visited her today, outside this morning and No touching!! I really miss my Daughter and 3 Grandkids in San Antonio, we visit there normally twice a year, and My oldest Daughter, who  put her job on hold in Denver and traveled to Florida with the National Guard for 4 weeks, she is an RN! My twin , grown Granddaughters, SIL  and Great-Grandson are in Denver also,
I am from WA state and grew up in a town along Hood Canal, a tiny store, Tavern, & Restaurant and Post office! 40 miles in either direction to a Large Grocery or any other store, Or Dr.s , dentists, or a theater (also small towns) SO staying home is not a Challenge for me! My DH retired in 2013 and I retired in 1999 to care for elderly family members!
I am Obsessed with Scrapbooking! Started to do NSD crops here at ACOT in 2011 and have missed quite a few, so I am READY for the weekend and have warned everyone that I will be Busy!,
ImageImageImageImageImage
JillinIN
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 479

Post by JillinIN »

My here is South-Central Indiana.It's Spring here and everything is lush and green. Our huge Magnolia tree bloomed beautifully this year. It often gets zapped by frost, just as it's budding.
I've been fortunate enough to be able to work from home. I'm the sole employee at our local Chamber of Commerce and my primary function right now is getting information to our members since there are no events, no networking, no fundraisers.
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage
joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2449

Post by joannie »

I'm in a very small town west of Indianapolis. I am a bus aid for our school system. So I haven't worked for about 6 weeks now. 
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
blfonty
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 995

Post by blfonty »

My Here is Eastern Tennessee, not too far from Gatlinburg and the Smoky Mountains. I have been working at home since mid-March and have adjusted quite well. My DH is retired and adult DS is living with us - so they had a bit of adjustment having me home but not really accessible during the work day. No extra time off to scrap but I did request leave for Friday so I can join in the fun all weekend. I just realized that I am almost out of adhesive, so made a quick call to our local SB store that is processing online orders only and a friend did a drive-by pickup. We are scrapping together on Saturday.

Also, I have been zooming with my family almost every night so we can stay connected and support each other. We try to have a theme like Hat Night, Favorite Sports Jersey/Shirt Night, Popcorn Night, Friday Drinking Game Night (i had a sip of wine and changed to water), and PJ Night. I am saving the images from the zooms so I can scrap about the pandemic later. We may even continue the zooms after we are back to work but less frequently. I've pre-ordered the Becky Fleck quarantine life collection. So I'll be ready.

blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 949

Post by suewho372 »

Hello cherries!!! Stacy this is a great thread! I’ve enjoyed reading everyone’s responses!
My sheltering at home is in Southeast Missouri- also called the bootheel ! It’s about 3 hours south of St. Louis.
I’ve been mostly working at home for the past 5 weeks, going in only periodically to the office until this past week. Our facility is back up so Monday I hit the ground running. In our area we don’t have many cases and it’s rural and fairly small.
I’m happy though to stay at home, I’m kinda a homebody . I haven’t gotten to hold and be with my grands and I really miss them! I am happy I at least have had the puppies with me for company!
Susan

sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Post by sdwhru »

Here is Norman, Oklahoma.  As I am an accountant, we are considered an essential business but I have been working part of my days at home and part of my days in office.  Some things are just easier to do in office and as the billing clerk isn't coming in, I am doing some of the things she normally would do.  My girls (aka dogs) are enjoying my being home during the day LOL
fionah
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 111

Post by fionah »

Hi Everyone, My “here” is Wodonga in Victoria, Australia. I have still been going to work each day so my day to day life has not changed too much during lockdown. Unfortunately I have had to cancel a couple of scrapbooking trips to America that I had planned for this year because there is currently a ban on international travel that may not be lifted until next year so I am really noticing the impact in that way. 
Fiona
Jami-T
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 78

Post by Jami-T »

I am so excited for this week-end however it is gonna be perfect outside too. I am in Avon IN. I am a medical office manager so we are all rotating days of staying home and going to the office. We are starting to reopen slowly so we will see how that goes. 
karen c.
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1154

Post by karen c. »

My here is on the west coast of Florida in a town called Port Charlotte.I am 15 minutes away from the beach which I am missing a lot with them being closed but I won't be going there unless I can find a beach with little or just a few people when they reopen.  I moved here 16 years ago from New Jersey after my husband passed away. BC (before covid-19) I was working for a small newspaper part-time and pet sitting. Missing the dogs and cat's I was taking care of and missing seeing my family and all those hugs. Looking forward to this weekend.

ImageImageImage          ImageImage
Chignon
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 6

Post by Chignon »

I am in Cambridge, Minnesota working from home as a teacher librarian.  It's a challenge with DH working from home also as we bump into each other in the kitchen and have to stagger online meetings/visits so our voices don't carry to the wrong computer!
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1369

Post by scrappinmom99 »

I'm in Queens, New York City. I've been working at home for about 20 years as a freelancer (first as a reader and then as a copy editor). I started when DS was about 18 months old. Now we've all been home since mid-March. My son is a junior at School of Visual Arts and my daughter is a freshman at Art & Design HS. Yes...TWO art kids, haha - both want to go into the film industry. He wants to be a screenwriter and she wants to be a camera operator / cinematographer. They are both doing online remote classes for school. DH is home also since 3/23.  He works as the supplies manager at a law firm - he can't really do his job remotely so he's just been home cooking and trying to involve me in projects LOL! I had a few weeks of not having any manuscripts coming in and now the floodgates have opened (which is good but I miss the scrappy time!). Our other hobby includes trying to get a grocery delivery slot and going to the laundromat and supermarket and not getting the cooties.  ;)  I'm hoping to finish up this assignment by today/tomorrow so I will be free to play this weekend!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
Jenni328
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 6

Post by Jenni328 »

Hi all. My here is VA...on the nc/va border inbetween say Roanoke Va and Durham NC for lack of exact location lol.
I work in a grocery store so I am out in all the mess right now. Luckily there are only been between 20-30 cases in the city. I live in the county which my husband works for water authority.They are working every other day during the pandemic. I have three kids. My 26 yr old son is three hours away. I still have my 23yr old son and 18yr old daughter at home. So I have been a bottle of nerves. Trying not to overthink all of the goings on but its terrifying when you think of all five of us are out everyday working away from home. On the other side, I am so heartfelt sorry for those that are not working right now. Lots of prayers go out to them.
I try to go to a retreat once a year. Otherwise I like bible journaling, tradition scrapbooking, and card making.
Becky Bitting
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 392

Post by Becky Bitting »

My HERE is Richmond Hill, GA. I have been going into the office on the weekends when the place is empty and working from home a few hours each week day. I go back to the office fulltime starting Monday. I'm scurrrreeeddddd but also a little excited to leave my house daily. I'm also a little afraid to try to put real clothes on.....they may not fit after sitting home for six weeks. hahahahahaha
Visit Me on YouTube Here

Return to “NSD Celebration 2020”