Moderators: Rachel Kent, ACOT Employee

messa09
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 222

Re: Stacy's Pre-NSD "You Are Here" question

Post by messa09 »

My "here" is...

Eau Claire, WI

I am learning to balance working full-time from home as a Box Office Manager (ticketing for a performing arts facility that is closed during this shelter at home) and teaching my kids.

I am very much looking forward to a break this weekend to be creative in my studio.
Lizzi97
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 55

Post by Lizzi97 »

My "here" is central Ohio, between Columbus and Dayton. We moved out to the countryside a few years ago, and I used to hate it, but now I appreciate being able to have a big yard to stretch my legs in since I can't go out and about that much (the dog appreciates it too, I think). Both my husband and I can work from home, so we're lucky. We only go out for grocery pickups (just did one this morning) and take out (which we do once or twice a week to support the small businesses here). 

This will be my third NSD at ACOT. Otherwise, I'm pretty absent from the boards. Looking forward to a busy weekend of scrapping!
lmcgill
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 118

Post by lmcgill »

My “here” is Buckingham, Pa. (suburb of Philadelphia).
Last edited by lmcgill on Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SiriF
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 76

Post by SiriF »

Hi! I’m Siri, have had a 5 year break from scrapbooking, but just started again a couple of weeks ago! I’ve made hundreds of cards in that time, but not a single layout.

I live in Ålesund, on the west coast of Norway. I’ve been staying at home now for 7 weeks, only leaving the house to take the garbage out and a few walks with one of my metal health carers.

I’m a knitter, yarn dyer, card maker and I also spin my own yarn. I used to run a paper crafting business with my brother, designing stamps, dies and papers. I stopped designing about two years ago, and we closed down our online store at the end of 2019. I just spent 4 weeks purging and reorganizing my craft room, and now I’m not only scrapbooking again, last weekend I got my Copics out and started an online class I bought 3 years ago! I’m excited to join in on the online crop. I remember loving it before my break! 
StacyLee
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 930

Post by StacyLee »

We're getting so close, tomorrow kicks off our NSD weekend celebration!  A big WELCOME to everyone that has shared their HERE since my last post.  We now have cherries from I think 4 countries and I lost count of how many states!  SO exciting we're all "here" together! :-D
Stacy

ImageImageImage

wimom
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 676

Post by wimom »

I've lived in Wisconsin all my life, currently in southeast Wisconsin, a homemaker for many years but consider myself retired since my husband retired five years ago. 
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin
Tigerberry
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 1

Post by Tigerberry »

I am spending my days and nights here in Wildwood (Grover), Missouri.  It has been a while since I have played here.  Thought I would check out the crop and see if I get some inspiration from everyone posting.  Thanks, ahead of time.
debraruffing
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 508

Post by debraruffing »

We live south of Pittsburgh, PA.  Not where we want to be but for now we have a lovely home and a swimming pool we are dying to open.  I live with my husband, daughter and two grandchildren.  My other daughter is about 15 minutes away but is here daily as they work here at the family business.  I am hoping to move back south...home for us...very soon!
Debra R. 
Nana of 5, Mama of 2, Disney Addict

ImageImage  ImageImageImage
Judy in NM
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 63

Post by Judy in NM »

My here is SE NM.  I've been around ACOT for a long time -- but haven't been active for several years.  I'm looking forward to getting to play some this weekend and seeing everyone's lovely work!
~~ Judy ~~

Duchess72
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 23

Post by Duchess72 »

My 'here'... is my happy place in the second floor of my townhouse in Northern CA... my happy place...  I am retired, but homemaking, crafting, podcasting and weekly 'quarantine' projects my husband and I have been doing around the house have been keeping me somewhat sane... I'm very new here, everyone has been so friendly!!! Love it! I've been so looking forward to this weekend. I can't really get out much, the most excitement I get is when I go pick up my groceries ( I use a shopping service at the store where I shop, and they deliver the groceries to your parked car). 
Last edited by Duchess72 on Fri May 01, 2020 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be you, not them - the Duchess of Sassy Town .... 
I podcast about crafty stuff and encourage others ....
Image Image

CathyG89
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 447

Post by CathyG89 »

My "here" is Livonia, Michigan, a suburb of Detroit.  Things are crazy here so I am glad to be staying home.  (Plus more time for scrapbooking).
ImageImageImage
Kittyscraps
Cherry Tart

Post by Kittyscraps »

Hi all. I am in NE Ohio and we are still in lockdown. I am fortunate to be able to wfh and hubby is working but kind of slow. Work has been very busy for year end and looking forward to some fun this weekend. A family member just passed from breast cancer and has not been the best of weeks. Looking forward to this!
Kittyscraps
Cherry Tart

Post by Kittyscraps »

Hi all. I am in NE Ohio and we are still in lockdown. I am fortunate to be able to wfh and hubby is working but kind of slow. Work has been very busy for year end and looking forward to some fun this weekend. A family member just passed from breast cancer and has not been the best of weeks. Looking forward to this!
StacyLee
Cherry Garcia

Post by StacyLee »

A great big WELCOME to everyone who has shared their HERE this evening! So glad you're joining us!!  :-D
Stacy

ImageImageImage

Mommyof5
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 180

Post by Mommyof5 »

HI Everyone!  I am one of the newbies...and I have enjoyed going through and reading about you all! 

My "HERE" is New Caney, Texas>>>A little town just north of Houston.  I work at the airport managing a western wear store, which makes me an "essential" employee.  I have been working every day through all of this, but let me tell you...the airport is a GHOST TOWN.  I am at Bush...I think the 5th largest airport in the nation...and I see maybe 20 people a day...and they are also airport employees.  NO ONE is flying.   My boyfriend is now working from home,  all the kids are home, out of school or laid off of work.  I told them all that I will not move from my desk this weekend...so don't even ask!  LOL 

Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty
 Image  Image   Image

ScrapyCandy
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 73

Post by ScrapyCandy »

I live south of Seattle and they are opening the state parks this weekend. I can hardly wait!
Scrapycandy
Duchess72
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 23

Post by Duchess72 »

Charleneanne wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:46 pm
My here is Rancho Cordova, California-a small town just outside the Sacramento area. I live about 15 miles from where I was born and raised in Sacramento. Old, retired and live by myself except for one cat. My sons live close by and they do most of my going out for me just now. I do miss going to lunch and the movies and craft stores shopping with friends .
Hey neighbor.... I'm in RC too! Just off two blocks away from Ambassador... my name is Kimberly
Be you, not them - the Duchess of Sassy Town .... 
I podcast about crafty stuff and encourage others ....
Image Image

Celticrose
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 88

Post by Celticrose »

lmcgill wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:43 pm
My “here” is Buckingham, Pa. (suburb of Philadelphia).

Hey!  That's mine too!  What a coincidence... oh, wait... we're related 🤣
ImageImageImage
Aztam
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 699

Post by Aztam »

from southern Arizona, and I am lost as to how to use the message board. Is there a tutorial I can be directed to and easy enough to figure out before the challenges are over?
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tam
StacyLee
Cherry Garcia

Post by StacyLee »

Aztam wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 2:32 am
from southern Arizona, and I am lost as to how to use the message board. Is there a tutorial I can be directed to and easy enough to figure out before the challenges are over?

Hello and Welcome!! You're off to a great start so far by posting this question! To play along with the NSD challenges you will need to load what you create for each challenge into the Project Gallery located HERE. You can also find it under the Inspiration tab at the top right of this screen.  Once you load your project into the gallery you will want to right-click on the image, then go to the challenge posted in the message board and paste it into your reply.  All of the NSD challenges will be under the NSD Celebration 2020 heading found HERE.  

There is a Frequently Asked Questions "FAQ" located at the top left of this screen that might help you, also.  I hope this helps, and so glad you're playing along with us!!  :-D
Stacy

ImageImageImage

Return to “NSD Celebration 2020”