Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: What are your fave / least fave embellies? (for points)
Deanna13 wrote:My favs are enamel dots and sequins. They're tiny enough and often they're just the perfect little thing you need.

Lately my least favs are ribbon and eyelets. I just can't seem to get them on the page.
LOVE dots and sequins! I go through so many boxes of Zots putting them on my pages LOL!  
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

stateless wrote:I will agree with the group and go with enamel dots as my favorite. Also smaller wood veneers. I don't feel like a layout is finished until I add some smaller bits like these!

My least favorite is flowers... They are too bulky and I'm not a very flowery person. I use them occasionally but I often would rather make or fussy cut one from paper.
I think we have the same scrapping style! I pretty much just use my flowers if it's part of a challenge. Or I try to use them on something like cards or home decor where it's not going on a layout. and I'm getting into wood veneers now! I got a bunch in a Freckled Fawn blooper bundle and got hooked.
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Gosh, this is hard.  My absolutely faves are brads, ribbons, flowers, and stickers -- although if I have to say one, I'm going with brads.  But, if I don't have the right color brad, I will use enamel dots instead.

My least fave . . . don't start throwing things at me . . . washi tape.  I just don't like the look of it (I hate anything even remotely transparent) and find that ribbon or paper strips work out better for my layouts. 

By the way, I still have eyelets and still use them.  I don't love them, but I do like them -- mostly for lacing ribbon.

OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Yankeegirl wrote:My fave and easy go-to embellishments:  enamel dots, Nuvo Crystal drops, buttons, layered stickers, and premade embellishments, especially Disney ones.  And Thickers.  I will never own enough Thickers.
My least fave:  SEQUINS (which I own a lot of); gliltter, ribbon and lace, doilies.  And metals.  I have to build up the courage to purge the 1000s of metal embellies I have had and not used for over 10 years. And those slides.  Why ever did I buy them----I never use them!
Oh I love me some stickers too! And Thickers, yes! I love Stickles but hate loose glitter. And I have to laugh - I have a canister full of metal stuff (frames, wire words, all kinds of things) and a giant jar full of 100s (!!!) of slides!!!!  Have you been scrapping since 2000 too??? LOL!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Tammey

Cherry Cola

Everyone can probably guess my favorite... Arrows. I think I use some form of an arrow on just about every layout. Let's see, least favorite... Ephemera. I like it but can not place it and make it look good.
  Image Image Image Image Image

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Krystle wrote:Wood embellishments and laser cut chipboard are my favorite embellishments right now.  Stick pins and eyelets are my least favorite.
Yeah, stick pins - not really sure what to do with them but I've gotten some in warehouse boxes and collections! 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

karensay

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I like embellishments, own tons, but never use them!  I like enamel dots and liquid pearls.  and washi.  do NOT like anything BUMPY thick buttons or rhinestones.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

DolphinSoul wrote:I'm old school and cant live without my stickers!! That is always what I am drawn too! I also love the chipboard stickers, but don't like using chipboard that I have to create with. Also love border packs. Washi tape is becoming a favorite, replacing the ribbon I used to use all the time. Now ribbon just seems to sit in drawer.

I don't understand eyelets so my least favorite. I have brads, but only on rare occasion when a challenge calls for it. I never have understood using buttons and sequins
I love my stickers too! When I was a kid I used to collect them and I guess I never outgrew it. My sticker collection has only "matured" haha! I always have to buy the sticker sets that come with collections.
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

beccanay2 wrote:My faves right now are wood veneer, enamel dots, and stencils & stamps.

My least faves would have to be anything metal (not that I don't like it, just don't ever grab it) and stickers (have a drawer full, but can never find what I'm looking for).
I'm just getting into wood veneers and they are very addictive!  
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

trainmom wrote:My fav's are - dimensional pearls and Nuvo drops. Also, anything wood or metal if I have new ones.

Least fav - eyelets, brads, buttons
Seems like none of us are happy with eyelets anymore LOL! I have tons - never use 'em anymore! You're not the first to mention Nuvo drops - I've got to look into these things!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Scrap Bug

Cherry Bomb

I have a lot of favorites, but the first thing that comes to mind is jewels.  I tend to reach for those a lot.  

Least favorite would have to be stains.  That's what popped into my head.  I have these bottles of stains, but I can never get them to look right and I think I'm just going to get rid of them today since I'm thinking about it.  

I'm surprised so many ppl don't like eyelets.  While they're not my favorite and I do forget to use them, I still like them.  I never did the hammer thing though - that was so funny listening to at crops.  When eyelets first came out as the new IT item, my LSS had a new silent setter contraption (before the crop-a-dial or silent setter).  I purchased that thing for about $30 and it did work great, but boy was it clunky and heavy!  It felt at least 10 pounds.  
Melissa

mrozwood

Cherry Bing

My favorites are brads and Stickles.  I don't seem to use enamel dots and can never get Liquid Pearls to work. 
~Melanie

It's ok, I scrapbook.

butterfly2547

Cherry Tart

What are some of your favorite embellishments? The things you can't live without and those you always reach for?
enamel dots.. just perfect finishing touches.
What are some of the things you have trouble using or are just not that into anymore?
ribbons.. seem outdated but trying to change that and use some of them up.

Renee

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I use a lot of buttons, brads, wood shapes, and enamel dots these days! 

I don't reach for my flowers or eyelets anymore..which is a shame because I have SO many. 

StacyLee

Cherry Garcia

I have a set of tag dies that I seem to use on almost everything these days. I just love a tag peeking out on a layout or card. Those & enamel dots are my fave.  My least fave are buttons and ribbon. 
Stacy

ImageImageImage

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

tmp718 wrote:Everyone can probably guess my favorite... Arrows. I think I use some form of an arrow on just about every layout. Let's see, least favorite... Ephemera. I like it but can not place it and make it look good.
Ooh, arrows go with everything!

I have tons of ephemera and never remember to use it when I do the layout that I saved it for LOL!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

karensay wrote:I like embellishments, own tons, but never use them!  I like enamel dots and liquid pearls.  and washi.  do NOT like anything BUMPY thick buttons or rhinestones.
Remember what we have is half the battle!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

enamel dots/bling/wood - like all of those.  Least fave - ribbons

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

LOVE LOVE LOVE enamel dots and washi tape and veneers

I am noticing I don't use brads, ribbon and chipboard as often
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

ScrappyBug wrote:I have a lot of favorites, but the first thing that comes to mind is jewels.  I tend to reach for those a lot.  

Least favorite would have to be stains.  That's what popped into my head.  I have these bottles of stains, but I can never get them to look right and I think I'm just going to get rid of them today since I'm thinking about it.  

I'm surprised so many ppl don't like eyelets.  While they're not my favorite and I do forget to use them, I still like them.  I never did the hammer thing though - that was so funny listening to at crops.  When eyelets first came out as the new IT item, my LSS had a new silent setter contraption (before the crop-a-dial or silent setter).  I purchased that thing for about $30 and it did work great, but boy was it clunky and heavy!  It felt at least 10 pounds.  
I am not great with any kind of messy thing - spray, stains, mist etc. I just can't get it to look like when other scrappers do it. It always looks like I dropped the bottle...which is pretty much what usually happened LOL! It's not so much that I don't like eyelets themselves but they are a pain in the neck to set. I have those noisy setters and ugh. However, having said that, I did just use them. And I use the setter to put new holes in my husband's belts when he needs it ROFL!!!!! 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Return to “NSD Celebration 2017”

Information