Do You Knit? points sprinkled

Moderators: ACOT Employee, Crop Hostesses 2015

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1500

Do You Knit? points sprinkled

Post by Charleneanne »

When and where did you learn.  What kinds of things do you knit?
CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1786

Re: Do You Knit?

Post by CarrieG »

I learned how to Tunisian knit last year.....I just make scarves  :)  I am not good at needle knitting...tooooooooo much counting etc...LOL

I can crochet tho...I prob have at least 3 afghans going.............
Celticrose
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 88

Post by Celticrose »

Not really.  I taught myself from online videos one summer a few years back...made one scarf.  And that's about it...lol.
ImageImageImage
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight

Post by Charleneanne »

CarrieG wrote:I learned how to Tunisian knit last year.....I just make scarves  :)  I am not good at needle knitting...tooooooooo much counting etc...LOL

you might want to look for the "Do You Crochet" thread too.  lol   points are being sprinkled everywhere . . . . . .  just sayingImage
hsblair
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 609

Post by hsblair »

I love to knit but find it hard to have more than a couple hobbies...  I learned when I was pregnant with my first son almost 20 years ago.  I did a lot of knitting for about 5 years--sweaters, hats, blankets--now I have tubs of yarn that I stockpiled.  I keep saying that I will pick it back up when my scrapbooks are up to date...
Last edited by hsblair on Sat May 02, 2015 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image
sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Post by sdwhru »

Heck, yeah!  I've knitted since I was 16 (that was almost 24 years ago).  My best friend's mom taught a class to a bunch of girls at school.  The others didn't stay with it too well.  I do lots of scarves (I usually give those away to the homeless shelter) and baby blankets and regular size throws/blankets.  Usually nothing too complicated.  I like to be able to knit while I watch tv or travel in the car. 
mitchmac
Cherry Blossom

Post by mitchmac »

My mum and daughter are avid knitters, but I have enough trouble finding time for scrapbooking!
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3712

Post by blbabe1234 »

No, but I have a friend who does
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
jlparkmark
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 94

Post by jlparkmark »

Unfortunately no. I want to learn and keep looking for local teachers for a number of different types of crafting, like sewing and quilting.
cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 256

Post by cajenkins81 »

never learned how to knit. 
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted
pagal74
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 29

Post by pagal74 »

I don't knit but I wish that I did.  I need one of those "knitting for dummies" type of book so that I can learn!
CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1786

Post by CarrieG »

Charleneanne wrote:
CarrieG wrote:I learned how to Tunisian knit last year.....I just make scarves  :)  I am not good at needle knitting...tooooooooo much counting etc...LOL

you might want to look for the "Do You Crochet" thread too.  lol   points are being sprinkled everywhere . . . . . .  just sayingImage
ha I found it right after this one...LOL

jan509
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 908

Post by jan509 »

Very poorly...
ColoradoCropper
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 11

Post by ColoradoCropper »

My mom tried teaching me but it just didn't grab me at all.
ang_scraps
Cherry Tart

Post by ang_scraps »

No but I would love to learn one of these days.
joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2449

Post by joannie »

mom taught us when we were little. I never made anything, besides a Barbie cover up! Image
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
lmcgill
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 118

Post by lmcgill »

I learned to knit afghans in college and tried to pick it up again a couple of years ago, but didn;t do it so well.
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight

Post by Charleneanne »

ok this will tell you how really old I am.  When I was 17, I took 2.00 and went to the dime store and bought a pair of knitting needles, a how-to book and a ball of yarn. I had a dollar left from the 2.00 (lol-see I am old) and got a couple tacos and a Dr. Pepper and went home and taught myself to knit.  lol    I knit just about anything I feel like or see a pattern to and if y'all were around here I would teach every one of you that wants to learn.  I taught a former work friend how to do the basics and then after her first scarf, she found a youtube video that helped her when I didn't have time and now she knits like she has been doing it all her life.    Unfortunately the cost of yarn is making it tough to knit really large things much anymore.
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 949

Post by suewho372 »

Yes -- but not well! My grandmother taught my sister and I at different times. My sister is amazing and can make anything. Me not so much, but I do have all my grandmothers knitting needles( they were not with the crochet hooks lol )!!!
Last edited by suewho372 on Sat May 02, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Susan

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2464

Post by emmapaige »

I took a beginner knit class at a local yarn class with three other scrapbookers about four years ago.  Now there are only two of us that still scrapbook AND knit.  I'm the most active scrapper!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Return to “NSD 2015”