Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

beachlover

Cherry Addict

Share your expertise!
I see many new Cherries here lately, and I am thrilled!  And we want them to feel comfortable, as well as have a great time at the crop!  And stay!

I think it would be a very Welcome Cherry idea to give some advice to our new friends to show them/tell them how to prepare for the crop and maybe some things to expect.  Let's start throwing out some ideas and show these Cherries that we want them to stay with us!  I tried to find some of the old threads we had started in years past How To Prepare For  Crop, but have not been able to find anything...  If you can find another thread, please link it here and share!

Thanks!!!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Sara Scraps

Cherry Bing

Re: Share your expertise!
I like to pick an event I have a lot of photos of. Then I grab the supplies I want to use for the big event and keep them all together. As the challenges are posted, I create the pages for the event. This year I *think* I'm going to grab our camping photos from last summer..but I also have a wedding and another trip I could do if I wanted..haven't completely decided yet. I HAVE decided that I am going to use only the supplies here and try to put a dent in my supplies.....so the only supply I made sure I had enough of was adhesive..I'll improvise for everything else.

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Sara M. wrote:I like to pick an event I have a lot of photos of. Then I grab the supplies I want to use for the big event and keep them all together. As the challenges are posted, I create the pages for the event. This year I *think* I'm going to grab our camping photos from last summer..but I also have a wedding and another trip I could do if I wanted..haven't completely decided yet. I HAVE decided that I am going to use only the supplies here and try to put a dent in my supplies.....so the only supply I made sure I had enough of was adhesive..I'll improvise for everything else.

This is good advice, which I think I am going to take. Usually I flit from subject to subject doing maybe 1-2 layouts before moving on to another whole set of supplies. But for the sake of time, maybe I will pick something like Christmas or school or something like that and just get ALL of my supplies out at once. And like you said, improvise! I just got a bunch of new tools so that will make the old papers seem like new again. Image
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

Sara M. wrote:I like to pick an event I have a lot of photos of. Then I grab the supplies I want to use for the big event and keep them all together. As the challenges are posted, I create the pages for the event. This year I *think* I'm going to grab our camping photos from last summer..but I also have a wedding and another trip I could do if I wanted..haven't completely decided yet. I HAVE decided that I am going to use only the supplies here and try to put a dent in my supplies.....so the only supply I made sure I had enough of was adhesive..I'll improvise for everything else.
OH Nice suggestion! I was just thinking that my DD's school album needs to be taken to the next crop I go to...maybe NSD challenges could get me started!!  
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

christinec68

Cherry Bomb

I would like to add that if there are any challenges related to using products - like use as many items on this list as you can - that it's a little easier if you pull them out and leave them on the table.  This way as you are working on your projects you have a visual reminder of what will help with the challenge instead of referring to the list or remembering later.

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

My advice would be to "not feel overwhemed"! It usually starts out rather quickly, just take one thing at a time.

Now to get organized before the crop I would print some photos and match them up with the papers. I often make small kits to be prepared. It's also makes it quick if you pull out a few sketches, but that's just a starting point in case the hostess posts a sketch to use too.

Above all...........have FUN! Image
Image Image ImageImage

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

I agree about not feeling overwhelmed.  Some hours move really quickly but remember we are all going to have FUN, FUN, FUN!! 

One thing that I posted last year is to make sure your digital camera's battery is fully charged so you can take pictures and upload your projects.  I love seeing everyone's creativity!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

BlingQueenRia

Cherry Blossom

christinec68 wrote:I would like to add that if there are any challenges related to using products - like use as many items on this list as you can - that it's a little easier if you pull them out and leave them on the table.  This way as you are working on your projects you have a visual reminder of what will help with the challenge instead of referring to the list or remembering later.

I personally have a problem with leaving things on the table. His name is Max, and he is my orange bundle of stripey mischief. He knocks things off the table and chases them around. It's kind of funny, but not when he's chasing ribbon I have laid out for a scrappy project! LOL
I'm glad I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where sandwiches live.

debamas

Wild Cherry

I have to keep a notepad and pen by me to keep track of what I want to work on. I'm not too good with the kits but usually we'll have some time to get projects done UNLESS it's a Fast Scrap. Be ready for the fast scraps, have a clock handy, your basic tools/ scraps of papers/ anything else we've been told to have ready to go. Paper in your printer and camera ready. For games, you'll most likely need another ACOT tab open if you need to search for items or visit the gallery to participate. It can get fast paced at times but jump in where you can, use your notepad to list the challenges you want to do and go from there. Most of all, loosen up, laugh, catch some points, and have fun!
Debbie

debamas

Wild Cherry

RiaB wrote:
christinec68 wrote:I would like to add that if there are any challenges related to using products - like use as many items on this list as you can - that it's a little easier if you pull them out and leave them on the table.  This way as you are working on your projects you have a visual reminder of what will help with the challenge instead of referring to the list or remembering later.

I personally have a problem with leaving things on the table. His name is Max, and he is my orange bundle of stripey mischief. He knocks things off the table and chases them around. It's kind of funny, but not when he's chasing ribbon I have laid out for a scrappy project! LOL

LOL, personally familiar with that type of problem! Mine is happier out back nowadays but I know how challenging this can be. Image
Debbie

BlingQueenRia

Cherry Blossom

debamas wrote:
RiaB wrote:

LOL, personally familiar with that type of problem! Mine is happier out back nowadays but I know how challenging this can be. Image
I tell him at least once a day, "You're lucky you're cute." :D But then I say that to my husband and kids, too. Heehee!
I'm glad I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where sandwiches live.

DN in MN

Wild Cherry

My suggestion would be to breathe... It will start off quick and usually maintains a bit of crazy all day.  Remember, you have time to complete the challenges.  Fast Scraps within the hour and other games, etc.. as specified :) 

Tomorrow, I start my organizing and pulling of pictures. Check your adhesive stock... Paper?

Breathe and have a fun!
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

christinec68

Cherry Bomb

RiaB wrote:

I didn't mean to leave them in such a way that they can "go missing" but to have them gathered in one place so it will be easier to remember to use them to meet a challenge while working on them.  I guess I am lucky my cat doesn't really mess with things like that except for rubber bands so I don't have to worry about that. Although she does other "not so cute" things .  

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

RiaB wrote:me too - Meow has decided my scrap things are his toys and lately he has "distressed" a few of my papers for me !!

Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

I like to play the games and for that it's often easier to have two or three windows open at once - one for the gallery, one for the store and one for the message board
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

blfonty

Cherry Cola

Last year it was more fun for me because a few scrappy friends came over and we played some of the games and had fun without worrying about finishing projects that were not due until the end of the week. 

I want to spend some time re-reading the posts already being made about the NSD crop by the hostesses. All the pre-crop clues and hints will help me keep from feeling overwhelmed,

Thanks to all!

blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

BlingQueenRia

Cherry Blossom

christinec68 wrote:
RiaB wrote:

I didn't mean to leave them in such a way that they can "go missing" but to have them gathered in one place so it will be easier to remember to use them to meet a challenge while working on them.  I guess I am lucky my cat doesn't really mess with things like that except for rubber bands so I don't have to worry about that. Although she does other "not so cute" things .  
I totally get what you were saying. My Max is just ten pounds of pure mischief. :) He plays with ribbons, scraps that fall on the floor, hair ties if I take my hair down, anything that dangles. I can never get too mad at him because he is just too cute to get mad at. Lol!

Danibuttons

Cherry Tart

New to the message boards. I'm so excited and nervous about my first NSD at ACOT. I'm hoping to scrap a bunch of Disney Pictures from 2013! I think I'm going to break out the big table and set up ASAP! Looking forward to more tips from experienced Cherries!

TrayChic

Cherry Tart

This is my first time here, so I appreciate all of the advice.

gonecamping

Cherry Garcia

I rarely do much scrapping during the crops. I just eat and play games! lolImage
***Tanya***

Return to “NSD 2015”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee