Kim's Class Reveal ~ It's a Mini Album!

Moderators: ACOT Employee, Crop Hostesses 2015

killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 356

Kim's Class Reveal ~ It's a Mini Album!

Post by killarney_rose »

No photos yet ladies!!!  That has to wait until Friday, May 1st!  I have to save at least one surprise!  Image

Edited:  I know this is a larger project then just a layout or card.  I was going to revel next week the goal for the crop and the extension I would offer a challenge for June and July.

Edited:  Amount of Cardstock & Number of Photos for project is below in response to jlparkmark's post an is  written in red to spot easily!

We will be making what I call "The Loaded Mini Album!"

Just on the inside covers there are spaces for up to 14 photos!  Yes 14!

Pages in this album will all be mirror images so you'll be able to move quicker.

Completely constructed from scratch.  So to be ready you'll need to cut your 12x12 chipboard into 4 pieces.6x6!  For those who have the chipboard from WRMK Page refills this is slightly larger then 12x12.  I trimmed 1/3 inch off one side with craft knife to fit in my trimmer and then cut it down to 6x6.

For those of you without the WRMK Chipboard here's the link(s)!

12x12 Bazzill Chipboard

6x6 Chipboard

Cardstock and pattern papers are your choice, I prefer a neutral cardstock and I have selected my favorite Bazzill Black O/P as I'm using bright bold papers from Basic Grey Highline.   Both outside covers are yours to create.  I love a neutral cardstock and just on the inside covers I have used 4 sheets of cardstock. I'll use just a little over a sheet on the next two pages.  The two middle pages will have approximately two sheets.  I would add a couple of sheets just in case above what I just wrote.

You'll need two album rings and a hole punch to put the album together.

Hanging items....ya'll gave me more ideas, Think of it as creating a jewelry piece to hang from the top ring of the album.  It's all your choice of how to create it.  I like a couple of things in the store that may have you thinking that there might be something in your stash that would work.

Image  These are sold out but I imagine back in store soon.  Little half inch rings.  manufacturer Art C.

Tim Holtz has some great items to hang charms, beads, etc:

ImageIdea-ology Antique Metal Loop Pins

ImageRing Fasteners

Image  Wire Pins

ImageSwivel Clasps

Adhesive on mini albums I have come to love Scor-Tape.  I like a roll of 2 inch and a roll of each increment going down in measurement to 1/4 inch.  If you choose other adhesive it is fine.  My instructions will be with Scor-Tape but you can adapt it to your adhesive.  If you decide on Scor-Tape and it is your first time using it, make sure you have some extra sheets of cardstock as it is a very unforgiving adhesive.  Once you stick it to something it is stuck!  It has eaten more cardstock and pattern paper then I can even count....LOL!  I am in love with this adhesive though!  It will add tremendous stability to light weight chipboard.  I will NEVER use anything else for constructing a mini again!  And now that I am use to it I rarely have it eat paper.

Tags:  You'll need 6 number #10 tags (4 1/8" x 8 1/2").  In the store they can be found under the brand Inkssentials. Or you can make your own.  They will be cut down to 4 1/8 x 5 7/8 inches.  I will be covering mine in cardstock!

Die-cuts to match your papers.  The number, it depends on how many you want to dress your album up..

Other embellishments is all up to you.  I am sure I'll be pulling some from my stash.

If you wish to make a closure for the album that's great!  Mine is going to a niece and I'll make another later that will go to my nephew.  Since they are 9 and 11 years old my closure will be braided Baker's Twine which will be forgiving to that age group or if lost can easily be replaced.

Your choice of ink to use on chipboard to color(s) of your cardstock.

You'll need a scoreboard or your trimmer and bone to score cardstock.

Time slot for the class is 1pm EST on Saturday, May 2nd.  Other time zones:  12pm CST; 11am MST and 10am PST 

average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 846

Re: Kim's Class Reveal ~ It's a Mini Album!

Post by average_kim »

Wow! Sounds like a BIG project!
Kim

Image Image  
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1744

Post by beachlover »

sounds great!  I haven't done a mini in a while, really looking forward to it!  I don't have 12x12 chipboard and was not able to find it in the store unless I was in the wrong place.  Can you send a link?
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2463

Post by emmapaige »

Kim, this sounds wonderful! I also recently started using Scor-Tape and love it! I think I have everything needed that you listed! I can't wait!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

SherrieLynne
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 552

Post by SherrieLynne »

Oh Kim I am sooooo excited. I Love mini albums.Image 
JillinIN
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 479

Post by JillinIN »

This sounds like so much fun!! I can't wait to see your photos!
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage
messa09
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 222

Post by messa09 »

I've got a ton of animal pictures from a day at the zoo...this sounds like a great way for me to get them scrapped! I'll be working on gathering supplies this weekend...hopefully. Image
sweetsour
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 898

Post by sweetsour »

Sounds like fun!
 Karrie

killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by killarney_rose »

beachlover wrote:sounds great!  I haven't done a mini in a while, really looking forward to it!  I don't have 12x12 chipboard and was not able to find it in the store unless I was in the wrong place.  Can you send a link?
I'm sorry I should have posted a link!  My first post will promptly be edited!
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 948

Post by suewho372 »

Yay!!! That will be fun
Susan

jlparkmark
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 94

Post by jlparkmark »

This sounds awesome! Just a few questions, first so approximately how many photos could it hold as a maximum? And so amI counting correctly to need 7 pieces of cardstock or am I misreading?
Sara Scraps
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1385

Post by Sara Scraps »

I have a confession to make..I've NEVER made a mini album from scratch..I've decorated some chipboard and 8X8 albums but that's about it...so this will be a new adventure...
killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by killarney_rose »

I keep think what was I thinking when I did page 
jlparkmark wrote:This sounds awesome! Just a few questions, first so approximately how many photos could it hold as a maximum? And so amI counting correctly to need 7 pieces of cardstock or am I misreading?
I put this in red so easily seen!

Cardstock,  

Front & Back Covers2 to cover chipboard (cut to 6x6)  
Page 2 and 7 (inside covers) ~ 2 of neutral and 1 colored to match line
Page 3 and 6 ~ 3 of neutral ~ may be able to work from scraps of neutral cardstock, if you make you own tags or cover the tags as you will need 3 neutral if not 0 neutral.
Page 4 and 5 ~ 2 of neutral or colored to match linel, ( I may edit mid week on number of photos if I do it will go to 16)  I've not built this element before in this type of album but really easy to do.

Note:  If you decide to use Scor-Tape and it's your first time...have additional cardstock.  

Total:  11 sheets of cardstock or 8 sheets of cardstock if you do not cover tags. 

Keep in mind all 4x6 photos will be cropped slightly and some more extensively.  If you decide not to use a space for photos then it becomes a journaling or decorative space.

Number of photos:

Page 2 and 7:  7 per page, 14 total
Page 3 and 6 : 6 per page, 12 total
Page 4 and 5:  6 or 8 per page; 12 or 16 total.

Smallest photo right now is 5 x 4 1/2" inch mat 
jlparkmark
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 94

Post by jlparkmark »

Thank you!
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 593

Post by Shutterbug »

Sara M. wrote:I have a confession to make..I've NEVER made a mini album from scratch..I've decorated some chipboard and 8X8 albums but that's about it...so this will be a new adventure...
Me too  I hope I can get everything I need and will be able to play. 
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
Jenni328
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 6

Post by Jenni328 »

Shutterbug wrote:
Sara M. wrote:I have a confession to make..I've NEVER made a mini album from scratch..I've decorated some chipboard and 8X8 albums but that's about it...so this will be a new adventure...
Me too  I hope I can get everything I need and will be able to play. 
Your not alone. I have never made one from scratch either!
debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

Sounds good, definately need to pull together what I need though. I'm usually unprepared. I need a NSD list !
Debbie

debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

killarney_rose wrote:
jlparkmark wrote:This sounds awesome! Just a few questions, first so approximately how many photos could it hold as a maximum? And so amI counting correctly to need 7 pieces of cardstock or am I misreading?
I put this in red so easily seen!

Cardstock,  

Front & Back Covers2 to cover chipboard (cut to 6x6)  
Page 2 and 7 (inside covers) ~ 2 of neutral and 1 colored to match line
Page 3 and 6 ~ 2 of neutral ~ may be able to work from scraps of neutral cardstock, if you make you own tags or cover the tags as you will need 2 neutral if not 0 neutral.
Page 4 and 5 ~ 3 of neutral or colored to match linel, ( I may edit mid week on number of photos if I do it will go to 16)  I've not built this element before in this type of album but really easy to do.

Note:  If you decide to use Scor-Tape and it's your first time...have additional cardstock.  

Total:  10 sheets of cardstock or 8 sheets of cardstock if you do not cover tags. 

Keep in mind all 4x6 photos will be cropped slightly and some more extensively.  If you decide not to use a space for photos then it becomes a journaling or decorative space.

Number of photos:

Page 2 and 7:  7 per page, 14 total
Page 3 and 6 : 6 per page, 12 total
Page 4 and 5:  6 or 8 per page; 12 or 16 total.

Smallest photo right now is 5 x 4 1/2" inch mat 

Thanks, I like to copy/paste and print so I can have in my hand while getting the stuff together.
Debbie

writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

I'm really looking forward to this class Kim - it sounds like an awesome Mini!
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5433

Post by Deanna13 »

Those are fun! I haven't made a mini-album in awhile.
Image Image ImageImage

Return to “NSD 2015”