Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Do You Knit?
Charleneanne wrote:ok this will tell you how really old I am.  When I was 17, I took 2.00 and went to the dime store and bought a pair of knitting needles, a how-to book and a ball of yarn. I had a dollar left from the 2.00 (lol-see I am old) and got a couple tacos and a Dr. Pepper and went home and taught myself to knit.  lol    I knit just about anything I feel like or see a pattern to and if y'all were around here I would teach every one of you that wants to learn.  I taught a former work friend how to do the basics and then after her first scarf, she found a youtube video that helped her when I didn't have time and now she knits like she has been doing it all her life.    Unfortunately the cost of yarn is making it tough to knit really large things much anymore.

I go find the yarn in the clearance section.  Some friends have "blessed" me with yarn that I use for the projects I give away.

kate W.

Sweet Cherry Pie

I learned when I was pregnant with my daughter 17 yrs ago. I was going to make her a blanket but I got about 100 rows and quit. I wouldn't know how to do it now.
2014 Totals 51 layouts
8 cards

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

No .. . 
Kim

Image Image  

JillinIN

Cherry Cola

I've tried. My sister Linda has taught me a couple of times. I made a scarf once that had that shape. You know the one that goes in and out and in and out. Image
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage

karensay

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I know how to knit, but I have never knitted anything other than straight scarves when I was in High School.  I still have a sweater that I started in the early 1980's.  I was a lot smaller then too.  I just can't THROW it away and who would want an unfinished sweater?
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

1scrappymom

Cherry Garcia

Re: Do You Knit? points sprinkled
Nope...2 needles is apparently more than I can handle.  I think I made a potholder once.  Image
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71

funwithpaper

Cherry Blossom

Yes. My grandmother taught me. Basically if it is a textile art I have tried it. Quilting is my favorite though.

Renee P.

Cherry Blossom

I love knitting! My mom taught me when I was 8 years old....so I have been a knitter for 40 years! Afghans, baby blankets, scarves, sweaters, hats, dishcloths....if I have a pattern, I will knit itImage My most recent knitting project is socks. Tried them for the first time about a year ago and love making them. They are a very portable knitting project, easy to take with me when waiting for the kids at their various activities. My 15 y/o DD also loves to knit. I taught her when she was 8 y/o, and she is so good she makes her own patterns for things! Right now she is into making hats, using her own patterns, of course.
Renee

Instagram: reneeleecrafts

shinyhappytina

Cherry Tart

I am pathetic at it...but my daughters do it pretty well, my Mom taught them.

tweaker

Cherry Tart

Yes I am a lefty and can knit and pearl.  - made scarves and one hat .

xmashall2

Cherry Picker

I took classes. First and only thing I ever knitted was a long sleeve sweater for me. It was good enough to wear. But didn't like knitting.
june

Olesya

Cherry Tart

yes and I knit too. I'm pretty sure grandma taught us (4 grand daughters, it was a very girly summer tradition when we all got together). I still do occasionally. last thing I knit was a bunch of sashay scarves for Christmas, and the one before that - a vest for my first kiddo (then 4 - he'll be 9 soon))) the vest is still sitting in the basket - all assembled and stitched, but needs finishing on the sleeves. I hope to find time to finish it so my younger kiddo can wear it this summer))

Scrap Bug

Cherry Bomb

I taught myself to knit from watching you tube channels a few years ago.  My MIL tried teaching me years ago and I did fairly well, but forgot a lot of it.  Some of it came back from Youtube, and some was stuff I had never learned.  I will pick it up every now and then.
Melissa

sakura-panda

Cherry Blossom

I learned to knit when my daughter was an infant. I really wanted a knitted scarf! (Finally made one for myself last year, when my daughter was 7.) I've made scarves for the kids, a couple of afghans, and a sweater for my mother-in-law's dog. I just joined a charity knit group at church. (Technically my 8 year old daughter joined, but I go too. LOL I think we are both the youngest ones there.)

~ Katie ~

redsonic20

Cherry Cropper

No, but I crochet...self taught from a book and can't read a pattern to save my life.  I can do single and double and that's about it.  One of the last things my dad pointed out to me when I was visiting him (prior to his final stay in the hospital) was that he was using the blanket I made for him eons ago.  Poorly done (ends didn't meet up or anything) but it meant a lot to me to know that he was thinking about me enough to want to use something I poured my heart and soul into for him. :)
Denise

Visit My Blog:  Mamarazzi Scraps

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

My Nonna taught me when I was child. I picked it up again when I was injured.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

Return to “NSD 2015”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee