We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Re: Are you a Disney-ophile?
I have never been to either one, and I'm quite fine with that.  My kids just never got into the whole Disney thing.  We love most of their movies, but that's about it.  So, I'm kind of relieved I never had to plan that trip. 
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

stateless

Cherry Garcia

I am a total Disney-holic!  I've been to WDW countless times. I have no idea how many but it has to be more than 20. I've also been to Disneyland 3 times. The last time I went was 2013 so I'm having withdrawals. I probably won't get to go back for a couple of years because dragging a baby on a vacation like that is not my idea of fun...  I can't wait to take my son for the first time though - it will be neat to see WDW in a new way!
- Valerie/stateless

Christi S.

Cherry Bing

blfonty wrote:I went to wdw in 1974 with dh when were we first married, before Epcot even opened. It rained most of the day, but we had fun anyway. Maybe go back someday, but not a priority now. Have some old B&W photos from our visit that I should pull out and scrap sometime. 

We went in 1974 too - and it rained most of the time for us too!  (typical FL weather) - wouldn't it be funny if it was around the same time?  for us it was around late June.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Christi_S

Totals for 2016
     Layouts 33
     Cards 42

Totals for 2015
     Layouts 299, Cards 331, Mini Books 5

Christi S.

Cherry Bing

stateless wrote:I am a total Disney-holic!  I've been to WDW countless times. I have no idea how many but it has to be more than 20. I've also been to Disneyland 3 times. The last time I went was 2013 so I'm having withdrawals. I probably won't get to go back for a couple of years because dragging a baby on a vacation like that is not my idea of fun...  I can't wait to take my son for the first time though - it will be neat to see WDW in a new way!

Just TRY and keep track of your stroller!  they are constantly moving them
~~~~~~~~~~~

Christi_S

Totals for 2016
     Layouts 33
     Cards 42

Totals for 2015
     Layouts 299, Cards 331, Mini Books 5

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

We definitely love Disney and have been to Disney World many times. I was first there right after we got married in 1978. In 1994 we took our kids for the week long vacation and everyone was exhausted. Up way early and then not into bed until 1am. So, after that we would go to Cocoa Beach each year (which is on the ocean) for a week which is an hour right across to DIsney. We would just go to a different Disney park and everyone really enjoyed it that way. Now, as we have grandkids we do the same thing and they get to enjoy both Cocoa Beach and Disney. Image
Image Image ImageImage

fionah

Cherry Tart

I LOVE Disney!!! Last year I went to Disneyland Paris and had an amazing time. I would love to visit USA one day so that I can go to WDW and perhaps even a Disney cruise. When my niece and nephew were younger my sister and I would take them to Disney on Ice each year and each time a new Disney movie is released I am the first to offer to take them to see it.
Fiona

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

I AM!!! I just went to DW last month and that was my third time in 6 years. My sister and I went to all 4 parks in one day!!!
ImageImage 

kate W.

Sweet Cherry Pie

I went to WDW in Orlando back in the 80's. We camped in my grandparents motor home. Then in 2001 I took my then two and a half year  old DD to Disneyland in California. I do not recommend ever bringing a child that young. She remembers nothing and it was tantrums all day. 3year olds do NOT wait in line quietly or patiently. When my DH and I were in Paris last year we drove by Disney in Paris. I didn't know it existed until then. We were only in Paris for an evening to catch an early morning flight back to the US.
2014 Totals 51 layouts
8 cards

1scrappymom

Cherry Garcia

christinec68 wrote:We are DVC members and so we go to Disney World all.the.time. DH is into Disney much more than I am but I like having the DVC since the hotels are nice & basically paid for and it's pretty easy to get reasonable flights from NYC to Orlando. Last week, we went to their resort in Vero Beach and I just fell in love. It was so relaxing and more laid back than DW - nice pool, nice beach. Heavenly. I haven't been to Disney Land or on a cruise or any of the other locations.
We go to Disney every 2-3 years.  We looked into DVC and I've wondered if people thought it was worth it.  We are really thinking about it since as you said...it's basically paid for.  Thoughts??  How many points do you have?
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71

1scrappymom

Cherry Garcia

Christi_S wrote:
blfonty wrote:I went to wdw in 1974 with dh when were we first married, before Epcot even opened. It rained most of the day, but we had fun anyway. Maybe go back someday, but not a priority now. Have some old B&W photos from our visit that I should pull out and scrap sometime. 

We went in 1974 too - and it rained most of the time for us too!  (typical FL weather) - wouldn't it be funny if it was around the same time?  for us it was around late June.
We went last June and I will NEVER go in the summer again...rain, rain and MORE rain!  We usually go in December.  Of course, we've never had any desire to go to the water parks.
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

I LOVE Disney. I have never been to Disneyland etc. That is my Dream Vacation.   Definitely on my Bucket List.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

MacSarah

Sweet Cherry Pie

I have been to Disney World twice, both times as a teenager.  DH grew up in SanDiego and has not only been to Disneyland, but worked there.  We have never taken any of the kiddo's.  Because, quite honestly, we don't care so much.  And even the girls, when given the opportunity to choose a vacation pick my uncle's cabin in Colorado.  Something about 4 wheelers and campfires that they prefer.
~Sarah~

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

I would say YES big time.  I love everything Disney.  My brother lives outside of Anaheim, and I can't tell you how many times we've been there. 
I even had a little Maltese named. . . . DISNEY!

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Never been to Disney World but only to Disney Land once when step son was 7 years old.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

christinec68

Cherry Bomb

1scrappymom wrote:
christinec68 wrote:We are DVC members and so we go to Disney World all.the.time. DH is into Disney much more than I am but I like having the DVC since the hotels are nice & basically paid for and it's pretty easy to get reasonable flights from NYC to Orlando. Last week, we went to their resort in Vero Beach and I just fell in love. It was so relaxing and more laid back than DW - nice pool, nice beach. Heavenly. I haven't been to Disney Land or on a cruise or any of the other locations.
We go to Disney every 2-3 years.  We looked into DVC and I've wondered if people thought it was worth it.  We are really thinking about it since as you said...it's basically paid for.  Thoughts??  How many points do you have?
Overall, I like having the membership.  

We have 200 points at the Boardwalk which works out to about $100 per month for the maintenance.  Since the maintenance comes out of our checking account like any other bill it doesn't feel like a vacation expense when it comes time to book a trip. I don't remember how much we paid per point since it was back in 2003.  The number of visits you can squeeze out of points will vary depending on several factors (resort, room view, room size, time of year, even day of week).  You can save points (called banking)  to use in the next year or borrow points from the subsequent year if you don't have enough.  That works out great if you want a longer stay or to invite family & friends along or just have more space.  

Disney is expensive and while the maintenance does go up a little each year, it is still far less than paying cash for the same room.  I just looked it up and a one bedroom standard view villa at the Boardwalk is 154 points/$925 in maintenance fees or $3,067 in cash.  

Other pros are a discount on annual passes, tours, special event tickets (halloween party) and it makes you eligible to purchase the Tables in Wonderland card which is a dining discount card.  You can still purchase a dining plan but booking through DVC won't have any free dining promotions.  And the DVC resorts are really nice.  Not saying the others aren't but most of them were added on to the deluxe resorts so all of those amenities are available to you.

The cons are:
I am spoiled by staying in bigger rooms. 
There's limited housekeeping unless you want to pay extra (it keeps the costs down).
It's been done to death.  I can't count how many times we've been there.  Luckily dh is ok with balancing resort & pool time with park time so it does work out to be a good compromise as my perfect vacation is simply going someplace warm, with a nice pool and nearby pool bar and he likes going to the parks.  

If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them.  

LoreenC

Cherry Garcia

I have been to Disnyland 6 times, never Disney world. 4 times with just daughters, once with Grandsons, And we are getting ready to go to Disneyland on Sunday to go with our Great Grandson, 4 yrs old!!
ImageImageImageImageImage

57Diana

Cherry Bomb

Went to Disney Paris in 2000. It was amazing:)
An expert at anything was once a beginner!

Return to “NSD 2015”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee