Fast Scrap #3 WINNERS!

Moderators: ACOT Employee, Crop Hostesses 2015, NSD Hostesses 2014

writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Fast Scrap #3 WINNERS!

Post by writerlady »

We had 26 players - and according to random.org, these are the 3 winners: redsonic20, kguerico, and average_kim! Congratulations ladies.  Sprinkles to everyone else that played Image

I thought it would be fun to make a little something to include with cards or gifts for Mother's Day - or just a little gift for someone - or for yourself. I have gotten these instructions from the internet from the following ladies. I did not post their photos (technical glitch on my part), but I included the samples that I made. =10ptIt took me around an hour or less to make each of these. There are 4 of them, but you only have to make 1 for this Fast Scrap. ,I hope you have fun with this - I did.

1) Photo of your project must be posted here by the end of this hour (4:05 pm eastern time).
4) Must follow all other ACOT NSD rules. ,No combining, etc.
5) Points will be awarded to random entrants. ,(I'll number the entrants and pick numbers with random.org) One winner per seven entrants!

1)  Post It Note Matchbook Covers by Sandy Mathis
 at StampwithSandy@aol.com

I made these Post It Note Matchbook Covers for my New Catalog Launch and Customer Appreciation Day earlier this week. I was so pleased that everyone loved them! They are super simple to do, also. You need to start with a piece of card stock 9 1/4" x 3 1/8". Using your Simply Scored, score at 3 3/8", 3 3/4", and 7 3/4". Punch the shortest edge closest to the 7 3/4" score line with whatever border you have. Crease the score lines with a bone folder. Decorate the covers as you like. Use Sticky Strip to hold down the flap at the bottom, and to attach the stack of Post It Notes inside. That's all there is to it!  It holds a 3" x 3" stack of Post it Notes.

My examples: Image Image

2) Post it Note Holder with tutorial
by Karen at studioatthelake.blogspot

Start with a piece of sturdy card stock, 120# would be ideal.

1. Cut cs 7" x 4".
2. With the 4" side on your left, using a Scor-Pal, score at 1/2", 3.5" and 4".
3. Rotate cs, placing the 7" side on the left and score at 1/2" and 3.5".
4. Make cuts, including punch out where noted.
5. Fold along score lines, place Scor tape on flaps and create the box.
Decorate as desired.

3)  Post it holder Tutorial by Jenna
at jennasinklink.blogspot.com

I am SO excited to share this tutorial with you! This is my very first tutorial. I will be showing you how to make a post it note holder that would be great for your desk or a wonderful gift for those business savvy fathers, mothers or teachers in your life!!! I do hope that I have made this tutorial simple and to the point! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and I would LOVE to see what some of you come up with using this tutorial so leave a comment with a link to your creation!! Here I go!
Supplies:
-81/5 x 11 sheet of cardstock (I am using Sahara Sand)
-Your favorite DSP(designer series paper) (I used To the Nines) cut at 3 3/8 x 4 3/8 (Front, under Post it holder) & 3 1/5 x 2 1/5 (Pen Holder)
-If you'd like to cover you pen you'll need a piece for that and you'll have to measure it out as pen sizes vary!
-Tombow Glue
-Bone Folder
-Craft Knife and Ruler or paper trimmer
-A Pen and Post-it Notes
[img]file:///C:/Users/Sandy/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image011.jpg[/img]
Start by scoring the short side of your 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper at 2 1/2" and at 6".
I marked my score lines in black so they would be easy to see!
[img]file:///C:/Users/Sandy/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image012.jpg[/img]
Turn your paper and Score again at 3 1/4", 7 3/4" and 10"
[img]file:///C:/Users/Sandy/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image013.jpg[/img]
Glue your 3 3/8 x 4 3/8 sheet of DSP in the middle box, it should fit just inside the score lines.
[img]file:///C:/Users/Sandy/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image014.jpg[/img]
On the opposite side, you will be cutting a 3 1/8" long line 1" down from the score line.
Make sure your paper is as shown with the 1" score line as the top of your paper!
[img]file:///C:/Users/Sandy/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image015.jpg[/img]
Using a ruler or a paper trimmer cut your 3 1/8" line. It should be about a 1/4" from each sides score line.
[img]file:///C:/Users/Sandy/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image016.jpg[/img]
Slip the back of your Post it notes into the cut on the side with the DSP.
[img]file:///C:/Users/Sandy/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image017.jpg[/img]
Turn your paper over and fold all of the creases using your bone folder.
[img]file:///C:/Users/Sandy/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image018.jpg[/img]
It should now look like this, now fold the other score lines towards the back of the post it notes.
[img]file:///C:/Users/Sandy/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image019.jpg[/img]
Slip the long end into the opening on the short end. Turn over and voila post it holder! Now to add the pen holder on the top!
[img]file:///C:/Users/Sandy/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image020.jpg[/img]
Score your the short side of your 3 1/2 x 2 1/2 piece of DSP every 1/2" or at 1/2", 1", 1 1/2", 2".
Go over creases with your bone folder.
[img]file:///C:/Users/Sandy/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image021.jpg[/img]
put a little bit of Tombow Glue on one end and adhere to make a square as shown below.
[img]file:///C:/Users/Sandy/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image022.jpg[/img]
This should be how yours looks, now put a little bit of Tombow Glue on the side with the fold and adhere to the top of the holder.
[img]file:///C:/Users/Sandy/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image023.jpg[/img]
[img]file:///C:/Users/Sandy/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image024.jpg[/img]Wrap pen in DSP, embellish a little and your done! Easy, cute and usable!! 

4)  Valentine 3"x3" Post-it Note Cover {instructions} by Vicki Wizniuk
at wizardshangout.blogspot.com

[img]file:///C:/Users/Sandy/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image026.jpg[/img]First, start with a piece of cardstock cut to 3 1/4" x 12".

Then score your cardstock at 3 7/8", 4 1/4", 6 1/4", and 8 1/8".

The only tricky part is making sure that you glue the correct section together.

If you need more visuals, you can check out the  instructions by Susan Itell below, where she explains in photos how to make these for 1 1/2" x 2" sized Post-it Notes.
  • The base strip is 2 1/4" X 8 1/2" and then score at 2 5/8", 3 1/8", 4 5/8", 6"
[img]file:///C:/Users/Sandy/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image030.gif[/img]Fold and score the lines...scores 1,2,3 get folded in and scored...the 4th score line gets folded and scored in the opposite direction....(you can do it - I know I was challenged at 1st !!!)[img]file:///C:/Users/Sandy/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image032.gif[/img]Sticky strip time...peel off the "post it" bottom sheet and put 3 strips of sticky strip on the bottom and then adhere this to the base...it will be towards the bottom![img]file:///C:/Users/Sandy/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image034.gif[/img]Mono glue time!!! EASY DOES IT....no big blobs!!! This is the BARGAIN adhesive that we have...$3.95 and it is super strong...get it right the 1st time of placement because it is not forgiving!!![img]file:///C:/Users/Sandy/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image036.gif[/img][img]file:///C:/Users/Sandy/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image038.gif[/img]Remember when I said that you can get 4 cuts out of a piece of paper...what you are left with is a 2" strip! Perfect...to decorate you need a 2" square!

Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3709

Re: Fast Scrap #3 HERE!

Post by blbabe1234 »

I'm gonna give this a try!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by writerlady »

blbabe1234 wrote:I'm gonna give this a try!
Can't wait to see what you make Brandy

CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1786

Post by CarrieG »

interesting and cool..not sure I will get this one done in an hour.......no one will leave me alone here
JillinIN
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 479

Post by JillinIN »

I love it!!! That's so pretty!!
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage
redsonic20
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 116

Post by redsonic20 »

Off to try out the first one. :)
Denise

Visit My Blog:  Mamarazzi Scraps
JillinIN
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 479

Post by JillinIN »

JillinIN wrote:I love it!!! That's so pretty!!
Oh my!  there are a bunch of them!! Those are awesome!! 
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage
writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by writerlady »

Come on and give this a try - BIG points to the winner(s)!

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 743

Post by sherelm »

OK, what the hecK, I'm game!!
Scraprageous1
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 6

Post by Scraprageous1 »

Post it note holders are always so much fun to make :)  off to get started
ScrappyDistractions
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 849

Post by ScrappyDistractions »

CUTE!!!!
Lisa - Scrappy Distractions

ImageImageImage

NJohnson
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 7

Post by NJohnson »

Here's Mine!
Thought it would make a nice gift for my son's kindergarten teacher for teacher appreciation week this coming week :)
Scraprageous1
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 6

Post by Scraprageous1 »

Love how easy the last one is.  Now to do some sizing to make for other post it note pads.  I wish I had a more pastel post it to use, but yellow is all I had on hand.  Sorry about photo quality, but camera went missing, so the computer camera is all I have available right now. 

ImageImageImage
scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Post by scrapy1967 »

These are great!
ImageImage 

lesmitch
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 184

Post by lesmitch »

here is mine
 ImageImageImageImageImage

MacSarah
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 276

Post by MacSarah »

http://sbing.com/i/gallery2/279571-490.jpg
Should have bought the 12 pack from office Depot instead of "borrowing" 1 from work. But I am sure I can modify for my larger post it's.
~Sarah~
Cards4Ever
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 216

Post by Cards4Ever »

Here is my project.
Mandi My Blog
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3709

Post by blbabe1234 »

Here's mine:

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
messa09
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 222

Post by messa09 »

Here is mine!
killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 356

Post by killarney_rose »

I know I won't get done with mine Sandy, but what a sweet gift for my Mom for Mother's Day!  And maybe another later for MIL!  I am starting on it now!

Return to “NSD Crop 2014”