answer me this ...

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Kristin
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1452

answer me this ...

Post by Kristin »

It's just a week away - NSD - or we should probably be calling it international scrapbook day.

In any even, you'll be hearing more from me over the next week. I'd like to get a few conversations started re scrapbooking.

So, answer me this:

What is your scrapbooking goal for 2013?
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2212

Re: answer me this ...

Post by mgehrke »

I have SEVERAL albums started and have only completed a handful. I would like to finish more off this year (there are a few new album ideas that will blossom yet this year), so I would like to say that I would like to have a goal of doing at least 25 LOs per month for the rest of the year.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage
stateless
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 335

Post by stateless »

Hmmmm, good question. I hadn't really thought about it before!

Progress-wise, I hope to finish a few albums that are in progress - one for my wedding and one for my Alaska trip last year. Plus make some progress on others, of course.

I'd also like to try some new things. For example, for my cruise in a couple of months I'm going to try a scrap as-you-go type approach similar to a Smash book. I've never done anything like that before so I thought it would be fun to try!
- Valerie/stateless
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2146

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

Hi Krisitn. My goal sounds simple enough. I want to complete the year 2012, and be current with 2013. I also would love to learn a few new techniques that have caught my eye, but intimidate me, such as embossing.
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
love2stamp
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1037

Post by love2stamp »

I would like to get 2009 done and stay caught up on 2013.
ImageImageImageImage
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 949

Post by suewho372 »

I am working toward finishing my Journal Your Christmas 2012 (which I haven't been working on much!) finish the wedding album I am working on for my friend AND get more of the monthly challenges done!
I also want to keep abreast of learning new techniques to keep my books looking awesome!
Susan

2boysma
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 84

Post by 2boysma »

mgehrke wrote:I have SEVERAL albums started and have only completed a handful. I would like to finish more off this year (there are a few new album ideas that will blossom yet this year), so I would like to say that I would like to have a goal of doing at least 25 LOs per month for the rest of the year.

I have albums SOOOO close to finished that I need to complete, too. I am sooo appreciative that I am not in that boat alone. :) I don't often get ANY pages done in a month -- but spring tends to revive my scrapbooking a TAD. :) I'd like to complete 3 of the albums that are NEARLY finished and make great headway on my boys' school scrapbooks. My boys are 29 and 22. Their stuff had been in plastic boxes and scrapbooks with magnetic pages. I am redoing these with archival quality pages. :) It is GREAT to get this stuff out of boxes. :) and onto pages. Love my boys. I have a few trip albums that are ongoing, as well. Just moving forward on these is always satisfying.
Jeanne

Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Post by Queen Mum »

Catch up on my granddaughters' books.

I'm up to 2011 (July) I have to get moving since I had a third granddaughter in September 2012
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 745

Post by sherelm »

My mother's heritage photos - put away in an album. She left me some wonderful memories from 100 + years ago, and I almost lost them in the flood, but I thank God that I didn't. So I'd like to finish getting them all in an album.
average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 846

Post by average_kim »

I don't make goals, just take my scrapbooking one layout at a time.
Kim

Image Image  
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

I have several albums that just have a couple of pages to finish that I've been putting off, mostly w/memorabilia or digi pages I have yet to print. I'd like to get those completed and go back to scrapping chronologically so I feel a bit more organized!
Image Image
scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Post by scrapy1967 »

I do not like to make goals regarding scrapbooking because then it feels like a chore to me. I like to just go with the flow!
ImageImage 

debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

My scrapping is not done in any orderly fashion. I skip around with pics from all years depending on the challenges and my mood plus I have no set albums for them. Way too many are in sleeves but not in an album! So, this year, I need to decide what and how many albums I need to purchase and begin placing these LO's.
Debbie

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2340

Post by Art_Teacher »

I'm working on my 2008 album and would like to also finish 2009 and 2010. Not sure that can happen, though. Summer vacation just isn't long enough! :)
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

I don't scrap in order and I scrap for me, so I don't get worked up about whether any particular "album" or time period is "done." But I would like to finish and have made into a book all my wedding layouts.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

Ayla wrote:I don't scrap in order and I scrap for me, so I don't get worked up about whether any particular "album" or time period is "done." But I would like to finish and have made into a book all my wedding layouts.
The only reason it really bothers me is that I can't pick up those albums without having 'stuff' falling out (that I'm saving to do those pages), lol! I like a sense of accomplishment too & don't have it w/those yet.
Image Image
Gail R
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 76

Post by Gail R »

Like some of the other cherries, I don't scrap in order. A couple of things that I want to accomplish are to 1. Make a mini album for dd of her K-12 school pictures 2. Make heritage mini albums and 3. Make a scrap/craft room in an unused extra bedroom. That will take clearing it completely out, painting, new carpet or flooring of some kind and organizing.
Gail
blfonty
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 995

Post by blfonty »

I also don't scrap in order but try to work on current photos while mixing in others depending in my inspiration. I recently was given some older albums from my mom and we've been working together on her album about my dad's life., so definitely want to finish those two albums (almost done) and create my own heritage pages. I have lot of ideas for albums but don't really stress about completion.

I used to keep a count and just try to do more than the previous year. Now I average about 6-7 layouts a month just keeping up with ACOT challenges. Maybe more in May with NSD coming up. :)
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3712

Post by blbabe1234 »

I reached this goal a couple of days ago - to finish an album for my Mother.

I also want to finish my step son's album, my SIL's wedding album and start on Christmas 2012 pics.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
ernstem
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 20

Post by ernstem »

To use my stash, as small as it is! More layers and....and...I don't know how to describe it. More pop-dots. More polished pages? More inking? Take my style to the next level is what I'm trying to say but without really knowing what that looks like! ;)

Return to “NSD Crop 2013”