Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

doviana

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Flower Ball Class - COME ON IN
Another suggestion for addin color to these is to use water coor paints. If you get the brush pretty wet and sop up a pretty large amount of color and then just lightly touch the edges of the flower and it seeps in from the edge to the center... REALLY cool effect!!!

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

Hmmm - some quilters glue mist and glitter sound like interesting additions. Might be a bit bright, instead of the softness that mist provides.
Laurie

scrapbookmary

Cherry Bing

I never would have thought that this beautiful flower ball would be so easy to make. Easy peasy, but beautiful!
...... but age is such a triumph over youth,
again, because you moved across the years to here.
Leaving there where it belongs
for youth to come along and re-discover. by Rod McKuen

mommahobbit

Sweet Cherry Pie

okay i pinched all my layers :)

Kristin

Cherry Cola

How are your little flowers coming along?

Now try this same easy concept with other papers. Below are a few flowers that I created from pages of an old book. If you want a vintage/rustic look, dilute some Tim Holtz reinker ink with a little water, then brush lightly over the round punched pieces, let dry, then assemble.

Other ideas: try some bling! add little jewels, spritz with glimmer mist, or how about some Stickles to make your flowers shine on your scrapbook page, card and/or paper craft project

Use different colored papers. Different types of papers. Use larger cirlces, smaller circle punches. Add a huge brad/button in the middle. Use your imagination! When you realize how easy these little flowers are, you'll find them addicting to make!

I cut up an old book and punched scalloped circles out to make these flowers. I did use a smaller circle for some of the inner layers. Remember, the thicker the paper is that you use, the fewer layers you'll need.

queeneva

Cherry Tart

It's beautiful I would love to make one with hot pink and black but I don't have the supplies. I will be here to see how it's done though. Thanks so much. :-D

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

Love these flowers!
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

Sandi0805

Bowl Full of Cherries

This looks so easy. I hope that mine will come out this great. Hoping to get to Walmart and get the filters and styrofoam ball later today. I am really excited to make one of these.
 Image ImageImage

queeneva

Cherry Tart

doviana wrote:Another suggestion for addin color to these is to use water coor paints. If you get the brush pretty wet and sop up a pretty large amount of color and then just lightly touch the edges of the flower and it seeps in from the edge to the center... REALLY cool effect!!!

Omg I would of never thought of tha:-D

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

I don't have a styrofoam ball, but I do have coffee filters, only they are the mini ones for a small four cup pot. I am making the flower with them at it is coming out so cute!

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

queeneva wrote:
doviana wrote:Another suggestion for addin color to these is to use water coor paints. If you get the brush pretty wet and sop up a pretty large amount of color and then just lightly touch the edges of the flower and it seeps in from the edge to the center... REALLY cool effect!!!

Omg I would of never thought of tha:-D

Awesome idea

ImageImage Image Image  

glo85cam

Cherry Jubilee

I'm still punching. My punch doesn't seem to like these too well.
glo

[img:3st2c6tv]http://sbing.com/i/thumbnails/proudjubilee.gif[/img:3st2c6tv]

Scrapaway

Cherry Garcia

i am having so much fun with these flowers, they are alot like the ones I did with using the phone book, but ink the before or after, spritzing them, can make such cool effects and of course they don't work for just the balls.
Darcy
Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're here, we should dance.

Kristin

Cherry Cola

thanks for joining me today, I've had fun. I'll be hosting another class in just 15 minutes or so. Join me as we make a flowering pencil display.

Now go create some unique flowers and show the rest of us! Add them to the Kristin's Flower Challenge in our Gallery. The winner will receive some goodies from our sponsors. For more info view the post titled Challenge #4

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

I'm almost done. This is awesome!
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

debamas

Wild Cherry

One flower done! However, my ONLY bottle of mist will not spray! Used some ink on the edges though and it looks great! Now how many more to go? BTW, my 2" scalloped punch fit just right on the wide end of the triangle. Bigger would not fit. These are sooo cute and easy. Thanks!
Debbie

mommahobbit

Sweet Cherry Pie

I use coffee filters in my mist/paint botth so I have hundreds of coloured ones on hand ... here is my flower from class

lmcgill

Cherry Bing

Thanks for the instructions. I love all of the different ideas that have been suggested. I will be making more of these.

Shirl849

Cherry Tart

love the idea of using the book pages. has a really nice effect. thanks for sharing!!

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

I loved making these Kristin!! Thanks so much for the great class!

ImageImage Image Image  

Return to “NSD Crop 2012”

Information

Moderators

MamaK321, ACOT Employee