We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

MaBuglet

A Cherry on Top

Saturday BINGO...**WINNER**
Congrats to Lori!!

Hi ladies! So stoked you're joining me! I'm going to post up some words for you all. Mark them off of your list when I call the ones you've chosen. You should have sent in a PM to me with your 25 words. Once you cross off ALL 25 words, call out BINGO on here and then shoot me a PM. The first one to do that will get me to stop the game and I'll check your words. The winner will get a $5 GC! Yay ACOT for providing ALL the prizes and points for the Crop.

Here are your first words:

Pirates
Redskins

Hurricanes
Penn State
Dolphins

Vikings
Indians
Tigers

River Cats
Thrashers

Blackhawks
Canucks

Marlins
49ers

Scranton

Yankees
NY Giants
NY Islanders
Thunder
Huskers

Mets
AZ Cardinals

Red Wings
DePaul
Colts

Red Sox
Cheifs
Wild
Blues
Steelers

Angels
Devils

Preditors
Titans
Saints

Cubs
Bears
Coyotes
Sharks
Broncos

Reds
Browns
Ravens
Blue Jackets
White Sox

Nationals
Texans
Capitals

Patriots
Royals

Blue Jays
Seahawks
Ducks
Penguins
Falcons

Brewers
Rockies
Packers

Riverdogs
Oilers

Dodgers
Flyers

Astros
Jets

Stars

Lions
Bengals
Braves
Bruins
Sabres

Phillies
Bills
Staten Island
Maple Leafs
Bay Rays

Flames
Lightening
Chargers
Mariners
Athletics

Twins
Kings
Bucaneers
Padres

Cowboys

SF Giants
NY Rangers
StL Cardinals
Tx Rangers

CHEERS~~

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Saturday BINGO...**HERE**
Good start! Had 2 on there! :-D
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

MaBuglet

A Cherry on Top

[highlight=#d2ccb8]

4. George Gipp

ImageThe Notre Dame football star who inspired Knute Rockne’s famous “Win one for the Gipper” speech may still be lurking around campus. Gipp was the first Fighting Irish player to make the All America team, but his life was tragically cut short when he contracted pneumonia and died in 1920 at just 25 years old. Gipp allegedly caught the illness that ended his life while sleeping on Washington Hall’s steps one evening; soon after his death, students started hearing strange noises throughout the building. Papers would rustle under doors late at night, and horns would mysteriously sound with no apparent source.

By 1925, there were reports of Gipp riding a white horse up the same steps, and Gipp’s spectral legend started to grow. Others have claimed Gipp materializes on Washington Hall’s dramatic stages and set rooms. If it’s truly the ghost of Gipp stalking around the building, he has a fresh reason to be upset; last November his body was exhumed and stripped of a femur to settle a long-standing paternity suit.

Read the full text here: http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archiv ... z1asYuOdT0
--brought to you by mental_floss!
[/highlight]
CHEERS~~

amberella

Cherry Bomb

Aw, none on the first set... but i'll try not to get discouraged :D!
AmberImageImage
ImageImage

ChrissyTina

Cherry Bing

BINGO!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

ok...just kidding. You can thank Brittney for that! She put the idea in my head last night in her "Urges" thread! I couldn't resist!
Chrissy

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

Got 1

MaBuglet

A Cherry on Top

[highlight=#c5ddd8]
According to legend, the athletes appearing on the cover of Sports Illustrated go on to experience bad luck. SI’s first cover subject, baseball player Eddie Mathews, was also the first victim of the jinx, suffering a hand injury one week later that forced him to miss seven games. Over the years, the jinx has produced losses (the 1987 baseball preview featured the Indians with the declaration ‘Believe it! Cleveland is the best team in the American League’ only for the team to lose 101 games and finish dead last), injuries (golfer Jim Venturi was named 1964’s Sportsman of the Year then spent the next season battling carpal tunnel syndrome) and even death (Pat O’Connor, pictured on the 1958 Indianapolis 500 preview issue, was killed in a fifteen car pile-up on the last lap). On the other hand, Michael Jordan appeared on the cover a record 49 times and made it through with life and limb intact. Sports Illustrated did their own analysis of the phenomenon for a 2002 issue and concluded that 37% of their cover subjects suffered a demonstrable misfortune or decline in performance following their appearance.

Like this list? Share it with friends, or :

[/highlight]
CHEERS~~

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Had 1 that time
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

ChrissyTina

Cherry Bing

Holy jeebus! My grandmaw can see that! It's soooooo.... ahem... biiiiiiiig! :winkb: :winkb: :winkb:
Chrissy

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Not too bad....2 that time....right now 5/25
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

MaBuglet

A Cherry on Top

[highlight=#c5ddd8]During Game 2 of the 1992 Stanley Cup, the Los Angeles Kings held a 2-1 lead over the Montreal Canadiens. As the game was winding down, Candiens coach Jacques Demers became suspicious of the curvature of the stick of Kings defenseman Marty McSorley and asked that it be measured. Referees determined the blade was “too curved” and sent McSorely to the penalty box for two minutes for using illegal equipment. Montreal capitalized on the one-man advantage with Eric Desjarins scoring to tie the game. During overtime, Desjarins scored again to win the game for the Candiens and tie the series at one game each. Montreal won the next three games and the Stanley Cup. Since then, no other Canadian team has won the championship. Four teams got to the Stanley Cup Finals only to lose to an American rival: the Vancouver Canucks were defeated by the New York Rangers (1994), the Calgary Flames lost to the Tampa Bay Lightning (2004), the Edmonton Oilers fell to the Carolina Hurricanes (2006) and the Ottawa Senators lost to the Anaheim Mighty Ducks (2007). Granted, none of this explains why all of Canada would be punished instead of just Montreal or why the team that didn’t cheat is the victim of the curse, but no one said curses had to be either logical or fair. One Canadian team managed to find a loophole in the curse: the Quebec Nordiques moved to Denver in 1995, became the Colorado Avalanche and won Stanley Cups in 1996 and 2001.[/highlight]
CHEERS~~

amberella

Cherry Bomb

Up to 5! :)
AmberImageImage
ImageImage

MaBuglet

A Cherry on Top

pahaha that's what I get for copy/paste. I was lazy and didn't transfer. Suck it up. It's not like you'd win anyway :inlove:
CHEERS~~

ChrissyTina

Cherry Bing

MaBuglet wrote:pahaha that's what I get for copy/paste. I was lazy and didn't transfer. Suck it up. It's not like you'd win anyway :inlove:

LMAO!! SUCK IT UP!!! And I AM a winner! My therapist, Jack Daniels, told me so! :P
Chrissy

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

7 so far

MaBuglet

A Cherry on Top

[highlight=#c5ddd8]In perhaps the most famous of sports curses, the Red Sox decision to sell Babe Ruth to the Yankees in 1920 brought down an 83-year championship drought. Before the trade, the Red Sox had won five World Series, the Yankees none. From the trade to 2003, the Yankees won 26 series, the Sox zero. The curse’s reputation was enhanced by the Red Sox repeatedly coming close and falling short. The team made four World Series appearances (1946,1967,1975,1986) and each went the full seven games. In 1986, the Red Sox were one out away from winning the Series in six games when the tying run scored on a wild pitch, followed by Mookie Wilson’s ground ball rolling through Bill Buckner’s legs to put the Mets ahead. In game seven, the Sox took an early 3-0 lead only to blow it and lose 8-5. The curse finally ended in 2004. First, the Red Sox beat the Yankees in the American League Championship Series despite losing the first three games. They then swept the Cardinals in the World Series. The Sox added another Series win in 2007 with a sweep of the Colorado Rockies.[/highlight]
CHEERS~~

beachlover

Cherry Addict

3 so far!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Had three more :)
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

MaBuglet

A Cherry on Top

[highlight=#d2ccb8]

1. Eddie Plank

Plank was Major League Baseball’s first left-handed pitcher to win 300 games, and he ended his illustrious career in1917 with an impressive 326 victories against just 194 losses. You’d think all that pitching would have made him eager to move on to other endeavors, but apparently not. Although Plank passed away in 1926, he’s still trying to pitch.
In 1996, the Hall of Famer apparently got the urge to start pitching again. In the middle of the night, the owner of the Gettysburg, PA, house where Plank had died heard a repetitive series of noises. A man would grunt, then there would be a thud and the sound of footsteps. Apparently, Plank was launching pitches to a catcher, who would occasionally have to chase down an errant toss. The owner determined that not only must the noises have come from Plank’s ghost, but that the “ball” was traveling sixty feet, six inches, exactly the distance from the pitcher’s mound to home plate in baseball. The noises supposedly stopped within a month of the first pitch, possibly because ghosts play a shorter season than living baseball players.

[/highlight]
CHEERS~~

amberella

Cherry Bomb

Hahaha... I'm stuuuuuuuuuck at 5!
AmberImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “October Crop 2011”

Information

Moderators

MamaK321, 4peasinourpod