Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

sarahwhithers

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Fav costume?
What's been your favorite Halloween costume? For you or your kids? I've had lots over the years of course, when I was younger my mom made a lot of them for us, those were always fantastic, but since I can't sew worth poop, haha!, I buy mine now. Although AJ has an awesome Legoman costume that him and his mom made. It's super neat! And very creative of them!

So anyway, my personal fav costume would prob be a cheerleader one my mom made for me back in grade 7 I think. I loved that thing! It was blue and pink and a shiny material. Loved it! haha! What about you guys? And if you actually show me a picture, I might do a draw for some points! hint hint! :winkb:

ScrapperCarolS

Cherry Tart

Re: Fav costume?
My mom made me a "Tin Man" costume one year. She covered a cardboard box in aluminum foil and I wore a giant metal funnel on my head. I do have a pic somewhere. It was a great costume, but very hard to walk in. My friend dressed as the scarecrow.

ernstem

Cherry Cola

Two years ago we dressed our two sons up as Lego pieces. Don't know how to get the photo here to show it, sorry!! One was a red six-pegged piece (with red sweats underneath) and our youngest was a blue four-pegged piece (with blue sweats underneath). Used cardboard boxes, hot glue, cut down plastic drinking cups, and spray paint. Total cost around $5. And the hit of the neighborhood :)

Ayla

Cherry Addict

I don't have any clue where the picture is, because I made this before digi photos, but I made my son a robot costume...cardboard box, dryer vent tubing, it was super cute!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

When I was younger, my fave was being a black kitty. Now, as an adult, my fave costume was when I went as marilyn monroe.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

MamaK321

Cherry Addict

my mom and I were just reminiscing our old costumes. When I was younger, I was a vintage school teacher, complete with spectacles and a bun. I remember wearing a skunk costume, now that I think about it, it was a horrible costume. LOL And no kidding, I just saw one in Hot Topic... a sexy skunk. Now that one I could do ;)
Image Image

ScrapyCandy

Sweet Cherry Pie

No one in my family was impressed the year I dressed up as an old hag. Green face, black wig, an interesting skirt, and a walking stick with a lighted skull I stuck on top...until I went trick or treating at the neighbors...NO ONE recognized me....SO MUCH FUN!
Scrapycandy

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

I always made the costumes for my kids when they were little. I think my fav was when my ds was a Smurf and my dd was Surfette. I bought Smurf color blue sweat pants and sweat shirts and covered their sneakers with socks for the feet. They had Smurf masks at the store but not Smurfette, so I embellished my dd's mask with yellow yarn for hair and then painted the face with eyelashes and stuff to make it girly. For her dress I bought a white slip and put it over her sweats. It was one of the most fun costumes I remember making.

ImageImage Image Image  

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

I have a really fun cow costume, complete with udders that really embarasses my kids. I loved Laurens mummy costume too
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

cynderellaj

Cherry Cola

Image This is my family when we dressed up for a halloween party. I am the witch on the left and I loved it. I had on long black fingernails and a little bucket full of plastic eyes and spiders and such. So at the bar I would go around and not say a word, but I might drop an eye in someones drink or put a spider on them someplace.....it was fun to freak people out :-)
Image Image Image
Cyndi
I NEED SA - Scrappers Anonymous!!!

Kara

Cherry Jubilee

Brad was an adorable turtle at 2 and a cute lobster at 4
Image \ ImageImage

handerful

Cherry Cropper

My mom dressed me up as Santa Claus when I was two. I don't remember it, but they are cute pcs!

I think my fave so far for my kids was when the girls inisted on being princesses and we found a frog costume for Nathan's first Halloween. :-)
Image Image
RACHEL

sarahwhithers

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Awe! These costumes are sounding fantastic!

dshepard

Cherry Bing

When I was younger, I liked a gypsy costume that my mom made because it won "Best Costume" at the girl scouts party 2 years in a row! (seen in layout below)

As an adult, I liked a couple of years ago when DH and our friend were going as Mario and Luigi and I made a Princess Peach costume (even though I can't sew worth a darn). You can see it in the center row of this layout.

Danna :)

Proudly creating for Image Image

MamaK321

Cherry Addict

my dh always gets really creative right down to the last minute before halloween. LOL my favorite so far was his "Crikey! It was this big" Jeff Corwin style animal trainer. He shredded up an old pair of khaki shorts, a pair of red plaid boxer shorts sewn into the tears, a khaki shirt and we pinned one of dd's stuffed raccoon animals to his back, with a torn piece of boxer in it's mouth. LMAO

here is one of my favorites of my dd, as a dragon ninja. Love that costume
Image Image

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

My favorite costume was of my daughter who was a cowgirl. Here is a layout I did. We had so much fun searching consignment stores for all the details, pink cowgirl boots, hat, skirt...etc.

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

Maybe the Cleopatra one I made, or maybe the southern belle below?
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

sarahwhithers

Chocolate Covered Cherry

END

LoreenC

Cherry Garcia

I do not have a photo, but my favorite costume is a Logger, my sister and i devised. We wore cut off riggin' jeans & wool socks, boots, hickory shirts and red suspenders and tin hats, but the best part is vaseline on our faces with coffee grounds for a 5 o'clock shadow
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “October Crop 2011”

Information

Moderators

MamaK321, 4peasinourpod