Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

ChrissyTina

Cherry Bing

Re: DRINK CARRIER CLASS HERE!!!
Next, I used some Hambly Washi tape. This stuff is AWESOME! I used the bright pink paisley pattern because of the amazing contrast in color. I put it along the bottoms of the panels. You can use gaffing tape, borders, ribbons, whatever you want!

The tape gives the sides a nice, finished look. I also ink the edges of just about everything I cut.

Chrissy

ChrissyTina

Cherry Bing

Once the paint has dried and you finished, you can glue the panels onto your drink carrier.

Chrissy

ChrissyTina

Cherry Bing

Next, measure and cut the papers you want to use for your front and back. For the front, I wanted to layer different color papers and patterns. Once again, I love me some contrast!

Chrissy

mojodawn

Cherry Picker

Wow! A lot of peeps here this morning! Cool!

Looking good Chrissy, I am right with you :)
Some days its not worth chewing thru the straps.

Image Image

ChrissyTina

Cherry Bing

A little bit more upcycling for you! Cut a piece of bubble wrap or use a background stamp or anything else that would add texture. Next, cover it with paint. I used gesso because it dries ridiculously quick and I think it has a more rough look than white acrylic paint.

I used bubble wrap to keep with the polka dot look I have going on. I have the small dots of the pink/green paper, the huge dots of the blue/black paper and the medium-ish dots of the bubble wrap.

Chrissy

Jenn Kellams

Cherry Garcia

OMG!! I LOVE THIS!! I can't wait until you have the directions all posted! I am totally making this!!
Jennifer K.
Personal Blog

ChrissyTina

Cherry Bing

Take the bubble wrap, stamp, or whatever texture tool you slapped that paint onto and stamp your paper you want as the top layer. If you chose to not layer papers, then stamp the front panel. You can also stamp the back or wherever else you want!

Chrissy

ChrissyTina

Cherry Bing

Go on ahead and glue the layers together.

Chrissy

ChrissyTina

Cherry Bing

Next, find some really frilly, fluffy, textured trim and glue it around the layer. I chose this trim. I love the frilly look of it and of course, the contrast of white against the bold papers underneath. The white trim also ties the white gesso together.

Chrissy

mojodawn

Cherry Picker

This is turning out great! Good directions, Chrissy! :)

Image Image

ChrissyTina

Cherry Bing

Remember that screen you used? Well, you're going to need it again. Make sure to wash it off if you want....or you could leave it all painted up to add visual interest and color. I washed mine off.

Measure it to the length and width you like and layer it onto your front panel. I cut mine in the middle of the "rows" to give the edges a rough look. I used my hot glue gun to glue it down, but you can use glue dots or whatever suits you. Keep in mind to place the adhesive where it will be covered or else it will show.

Chrissy

ChrissyTina

Cherry Bing

Next, find a cute border or chipboard embellie to layer onto the screen. You can use anything you want. Once again, I chose the chipboard strip for it's fun colors and contrast.

I pop-dotted it up off of the screen to give some dimension.

Chrissy

ChrissyTina

Cherry Bing

I chose a large round embellie. To draw the eye to it, I used my scallop circle punch and punch a lime green foundation and pop dotted my chipboard shape up. Once again, all of my edges are inked.
Chrissy

ChrissyTina

Cherry Bing

Go ahead and add your lettering.
Chrissy

ChrissyTina

Cherry Bing

I decided that the cupcake wasn't exactly the "look" I was going for so I layered some foamy flowers by American Crafts and glued them onto my chipboard shape. I love how the yellow sunburst peeks through the background.

Chrissy

ChrissyTina

Cherry Bing

Now that we're done with the front, it's time to do the back!

Glue the other panel you cut out to the back of your drink carrier.

Chrissy

ChrissyTina

Cherry Bing

I used some more of my screen mesh, but you can use any border, strip, trim, ANYTHING!

Chrissy

mojodawn

Cherry Picker

So cool! These paper RAWK too!

Thanks Chrissy...great class! :)

Image Image

ChrissyTina

Cherry Bing

Next, I cut a strip of paper to layer onto the mesh. I chose to use the paper I plan on using for my handles. The colors and patterns are a nice contrast and because that paper has all of the colors I've used so far, it's a perfect tie together.

Chrissy

ChrissyTina

Cherry Bing

mojodawn wrote:So cool! These paper RAWK too!

Thanks Chrissy...great class! :)

Uh Dawn. WE AREN'T DONE YET!!! :winkb:
Chrissy

Return to “NSD Crop 2011”

Information

Moderators

MamaK321, 4peasinourpod