Get an extra 10% off everything with code FALL10
PLUS get a free $5 gift card with a $50 purchase with code FREE5

megamay

Cherry Cola

Christmas card / stamping 102 class supply list
In this class you will make 8 christmas cards, but the focus will be on techniques to make your stamping stand out a little more. I called it stamping 102 because it isnt totally basic ( I could probably use some totally basic tips myself i.e. how to get nice clean images) I will be discussing flocking, glittering, embossing, coloring, and a resist technique all in relation to your stamped images.

If you don't like or the shop runs out of the suggested stamps, feel free to substitute any image and sentiment stamps. Just alter the embossing and flocking and glittering accordingly - I used reds on the santa costume, white or clear on the beard, black or clear on the belt and shoes, and green on the pants. So if you choose, say, a deer stamp - get brown flocking.

you will need
2 pieces of red cardstock: Image
3 pieces of white cardstock

and one each of the following:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage

choose one or more of the following: I will use all of them, but feel free to choose the one(s) you like the most, although I recommend the red flocking as top priority because I used it a lot and it helps with getting used to the idea of the glue pen.

I have the doodlebug glitter assortment, but in this project I only used red glitter. (I would have used the white but I couldnt find mine)

Glossy Accents is my new favorite thing and I could buy it by the gallon, but they also sell it in a mini bottle in case you just want to try it. I am including links for both sizes here.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

optional: I will use some of these, but you can substitute other tiny alphas if you prefer.

other that you will need to have: AT LEAST one black DYE ink ink pad and one black pigment ink pad for edges - I prefer this color box kind. and of course a clear block to use with the clear stamps if you dont have one already
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

other products of interest:
I use an old broiler pan as an alternative to the glitter tray, or you can just be careful to keep your flock or glitter or embossing powder on a scrap paper, but if you are worried about mess you could get a glitter tray. I use the doodlebug glitter assortment that was listed above, but here are other glitter assortments. I use plain clear microbeads, but here is an assortment if you are interested. I dont have white flocking powder, but I would have used it if I had it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Also - I make the cards to fit 'invitation envelopes' that I got in a big pack at Staples. those envelopes are 4 3/8 x 6 3/4 so I make the cards 6x4.5 so that I can get two cards out of each sheet of cardstock. You can either go buy some invitation envelopes, or remember to resize the cards when the class starts and use these A2 size envelopes (you would need to make your cards about a half inch smaller on the long side.)

ImageImageImageImage

scraptag

Cherry Cola

Re: Christmas card / stamping 102 class supply list
This looks like fun!

betseymae

Cherry Berry

I'm looking forward to this one. I have stamplng supplies with good intentions to use but never do. Maybe it will get me into the swing.

jannyf

Cherry Bing

I've never completed a class in the crops & I'm definitely doing this one - need to get my Christmas cards done (I've only made 2 so far this year!)
- Jan

beachlover

Cherry Addict

I can't wait to see sneak peeks, these look like they will be great!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

Looks like a great class! I have tons of this stuff, and just not sure how to use it! Really looking forward to learning some new techniques!
Laurie

GeriNY

Sweet Cherry Pie

I hope I can do this class. I have bought some stamping supplies but do not really know how to use them.
Geralyn
Life is good, and even better when the SUN is shining! :)

GeriNY

Sweet Cherry Pie

Do you know when this class will be scheduled yet? I just realized I may not be around much on Sunday, but would love to do this class.
Geralyn
Life is good, and even better when the SUN is shining! :)

megamay

Cherry Cola

GeriNY wrote:Do you know when this class will be scheduled yet? I just realized I may not be around much on Sunday, but would love to do this class.

it is going to be Saturday at 1pm, but it (and all the other classes) will be available afterward if you can't make it at that time.

4peasinourpod

Wild Cherry

i am so ordering all of this!
~pam~

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

Stamping is still a mystery to me, so this class should be fun to watch!

Lynda

Pookeybear

Cherry Garcia

Im looking in on this

Judy19

Sweet Cherry Pie

great for learning how to use all these materials! - all the directions and supplies will be listed later on won´t, they? so we can use them for reference

Return to “Nov 2010 Crop”

Information