Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Punching with Pizzazz Class right here!!!!!!!!!!!
If you want to "bend" you border into a shape, I trim my border strip very close to my punch like so. then I snip each diamond on the straight edge. this makes your piece pliable and you can bend it into any shape you like, such as a circle like so:Image

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

You can also adhere it around a punched circle , overlapping and working it toward the center like so:Image

Imageto create a unique little flower...you had to know I would work a flower into here somehow. LOL

meteechtap

Cherry Cola

Very , very creative!! Your good on those scraps Girl!
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

kittymomma

Cherry Cola

Kimandasmo wrote:If you want a double sided border such as this, punch your first punch, then flip you paper over and punch the opposite side. this way you are lined up evenly. If you punch all the way down a border and the try to do the other side with out flipping it over and starting at the same end you will not be evenly lined up. Does this make sense?? If not ask me questions and I will try to explain it better.

The class was worth it just for this!!! I would always punch all the way down and then try to figure out how to line it up! I never could! THank you so much for this tip!

ChrissyTina

Cherry Bing

Oh wow! I never would've thought to do 75% of the stuff you showed! Very cool!
Chrissy

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

Next, we are going to go back to the corner punch. You will again need a 1 inch strip.Image
Place it into the corner punch and center it. This time you will not be using the wings.

ImageHopefully you can see that there is a little bit on each corner where there is no paper. After you punch you will get a piece that looks like this:oops//lost that pics, but here is what it will look like if you punch both ends.Image

Sandi0805

Bowl Full of Cherries

omg - I am so glad that I didn't miss this class. I am learning so much that I would never have thought of. Thank You! Thank You!
 Image ImageImage

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Your techniques, do they work on all punches? The way you rounded them is beautiful!!!!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

ImageHere again are the pieces that you do not want to just trash.. they can make cute little "leaves" for the base of your flower.

fong33

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Sorry I am late...I'm gonna try to catch up.

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

ImageIf you fold your strip that that has a punch on both ends like so, you can get a great little banner, which I have noticed it getting to be a hot trend on cards and layouts lately.Image You can even add your flower to it.

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Sandi0805 wrote:omg - I am so glad that I didn't miss this class. I am learning so much that I would never have thought of. Thank You! Thank You!

I am too!!!! They might be worth the expense after all, lol!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

fong33

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Kimandasmo wrote:Now for some even more fun stuff...lets alter that border a little.
Start by cutting off the rounded portions of the punch on every other scallop, or every third or whichever you prefer. I do this using my little scissors and making 3 small cuts. each cut is pictured here.

This is what your new border will look like.

Love the idea of altering the border

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

oceanbreezes423 wrote:Your techniques, do they work on all punches? The way you rounded them is beautiful!!!!

sometimes you have to adjust exactly where to cut them, but this has worked on atleast 80% of the punches that I have

fong33

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Kimandasmo wrote:Again, do not throw away your little pieces. Keep those little diamonds. you can add them to the edge of your new border to create a neat little accent, like this.
You can put them all together to create their own border like this.Image

Or you can place them in between the little pieces from the edge punching to create a diamond border.Image

Cool!

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

Sandi0805 wrote:omg - I am so glad that I didn't miss this class. I am learning so much that I would never have thought of. Thank You! Thank You!

you are welcome...that is why I teach the classes. I am glad you have learned some new things

fong33

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Kimandasmo wrote:You can also adhere it around a punched circle , overlapping and working it toward the center like so:Image

LOL

Imageto create a unique little flower...you had to know I would work a flower into here somehow.

You are blowing me away with these great ideas.

sarps

Cherry Blossom

Neat class!! I need more punches!! Thanx!

Kaylas_Bah

Cherry Berry

WOW! These are amazing techniques...never knew my punches could do all this.
Lori
Image Image

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

Or you can cut your pouched shape off and create little borders all your own like each of these:

Return to “Summer Crop 2010”

Information