Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Dianedi

Cherry Garcia

Re: **Cricut Layout Class HERE**
Scrappin13 wrote:Hello! I'm jumping in. I don't have the Cindy Loo cartridge but I have a bunch of others.

Hi Molly!

Thanks for joining us!:-D

Kaylas_Bah

Cherry Berry

Just got on the board. Lovely layout, Diane.
Lori
Image Image

Dianedi

Cherry Garcia

Next step: the branches! You'll need another piece of your coordinating cardstock. (I recommend something with green in it!)

• For the branch images, you'll need to go to page 48 of the manual.
  • You'll need to cut 4 branches at 3.5"
If you've never used the quantity key - now is a good time to learn! To cut 4 at one time - press the quantity key on the upper left portion of the machine and use the arrows underneath your screen to adjust the qty to 4.

Dianedi

Cherry Garcia

Kaylas_Bah wrote:Just got on the board. Lovely layout, Diane.

Hi Lori!!! :-D

Scrappin13

Sweet Cherry Pie

I have never used the quantity key so it is time that I learned!
Molly

Dianedi

Cherry Garcia

Next step:

Using your paper trimmer, cut a strip of paper 3.5" wide x 12" long from your 4th piece of coordinating cardstock. This should be the darkest of your color paper choices that will be adhered in the center of the layout. I adhered mine approximately 4.5" from the top of the paper.

Heidi1154

Cherry Bomb

I am sorry I am late. I am here though!

ImageImageImageImageImage

Dianedi

Cherry Garcia

Scrappin13 wrote:I have never used the quantity key so it is time that I learned!

Awesome!!!

I use it constantly! So convenient! Since you are going to the effort of loading each piece of paper to make an embellishment, I always try to cut out more than one embellishment and make multiples to use on other projects. This is a huge time saver for me!

fong33

Chocolate Covered Cherry

So far, so good.

Dianedi

Cherry Garcia

Heidi1154 wrote:I am sorry I am late. I am here though!

NO worries! Glad you are here! :-D

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

Jumping in now. Diane...this is beautiful cricut work!

Lynda

PSCraft

Cherry Picker

I'm late for class ;) Love your layout, and I never knew about the quantity key!
Pam

Dianedi

Cherry Garcia

Next step:

I took an additional small strip of paper that is 1" wide by 12" long. (A scrap that I had left after I cut the base part of the frame) Using my doily border punch, I punched along the edges. I adhered this piece to the top of the pink paper that we just adhered.

At this point, you can also adhere the border pieces to the top and bottom of the frame and add the 4 branches around the top and bottom of the frame.

Here is the border punch that I used. One of my faves!

Dianedi

Cherry Garcia

all4ty wrote:I'm late for class ;) Love your layout, and I never knew about the quantity key!

LOL! Thanks for joining us!

Glad I could add a little tidbit that was helpful! :winkb:

Scrappin13

Sweet Cherry Pie

I have had my cricut for such a long time but I just don't use it very often. I have good intentions though. I appreciate this class, hopefully I will get more motivated to get it out and use it!
Molly

Dianedi

Cherry Garcia

LyndaKay wrote:Jumping in now. Diane...this is beautiful cricut work!

Thanks Lynda! Good to see you! :-D

Enjoying the heat today?

Dianedi

Cherry Garcia

Scrappin13 wrote:I have had my cricut for such a long time but I just don't use it very often. I have good intentions though. I appreciate this class, hopefully I will get more motivated to get it out and use it!

I used to do the same thing when I first got my Expression. I found that the key for me was to have my Cricut in a place that was included in my workspace. When it is easy for me to get to, then I use it a lot more!

grirosa

Sweet Cherry Pie

I repeat this is a great LO! I think I'm getting the Cindy Loo pretty soon :)
Griselda
Image ImageImage

fong33

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Dianedi wrote:Next step: the branches! You'll need another piece of your coordinating cardstock. (I recommend something with green in it!)

• For the branch images, you'll need to go to page 48 of the manual.
  • You'll need to cut 4 branches at 3.5"
If you've never used the quantity key - now is a good time to learn! To cut 4 at one time - press the quantity key on the upper left portion of the machine and use the arrows underneath your screen to adjust the qty to 4.

Never knew there was a quantity key. Gonna go look for it.

Dianedi

Cherry Garcia

Next step:

I cut a 1.5"[highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]x5[/highlight]" white piece of [highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]cardstock[/highlight] and rounded the edges. I'm using this to place my title on.

I used a chipboard word and butterfly embellishment from [highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]K[/highlight]&Company. The black letter stickers are from October Afternoon. You can use whatever title and embellishment you feel will finish off your layout!

Return to “Summer Crop 2010”

Information