Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Topic for Debate #2 *WINNER*
Should they remake classic movies like the 80's movies they are already remaking?

I can understand if they plan to change the special effects and technology (like when they remade some of the old 50's/60's movies), but I see no point in remaking a romantic comedy when there isn't going to be anything new about it but the actors/actresses! Just me, but I wish they could be more creative and it bothers me that my students won't see the original and will think the remake is the best! I think too much copying already goes on and trying to teach students to use their own ideas is harder when they see everyone else copying!

Random winner of 20 points is cynderellaj!
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

Re: Topic for Debate #2
No.freakin.way.
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.

cynderellaj

Cherry Cola

No, I think if you have a classic, you should leave it alone!
Image Image Image
Cyndi
I NEED SA - Scrappers Anonymous!!!

Sweyo

Cherry Picker

No. it is time for the writers of today to use their creative minds! Ghost and Dirty Dancing won't be any different, just different actors. You cannot mess with perfection.
Stephanie http://www.quiltedscrapper.blogspot.com/
Independent Close to My Heart Consultant

kgr1920

Cherry Picker

Nothing is better than the original movie and that goes for movies like the parent trap.....Haley Mills in the original is so much better than the disney version with Lindsey Lohan.......I don't think I will watch the new Footloose movie but I will watch Kevin Bacon in the original.

Cherry Blossom

leave it alone. The originals are classics for a reason!
There are no ordinary moments in life!

scrappinchic

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I not a big fan of a remake for the sake of a remake. Like, how can you improve on Tom Hanks in big. However, I'm very excited to see the remake of Tron. The new computer digital effects should make for a huge improvement.
I'm not late
Everyone else is way too on time.
0/3 for February

Cimorosete

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I totally agree with you ...it's just not the same.
((¸¸.·´*~Treasa·´*¨¨))
May LOs-
My Blog

ImageImageImageImage

bay63

Cherry Bing

I myself do not think remakes are as good as the original. But from me, it's a little hypacritical because I scrap lift about 99.99 percent of what I do.
ImageImage Image

mykidsmom

Cherry Jubilee

I'm with you Laura! Not a fan of remakes at all. A classic becomes a classic for a reason and remakes take away from the "magic" of the original.
[HIGHLIGHT=#ffffff]-Melissa[/HIGHLIGHT]

JenGMomof2Boys

Cherry Tart

I need examples of what they're remaking! Can't think of anything. I only vaguely remember the old "V" mini-series on TV, but I AM digging the new "V"... but that would be a technology/effects thing ;)

averys_mom

Cherry Cola

I absolutely agree! Classics are classic for a reason!

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

I don't think so - I love the old classics
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

PezKat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

OK, I'll disagree - bring on the remakes, lol! Now, I won't see all of them, but some are good. I love seeing favorite musicals with different casts, and I think movies can be the same way. Sometimes remakes are better because of a different cast! I like the remake of The Italian Job much more than the original.
Image Image

JeanG

Cherry Cola

No - no remakes!! I find it disgusting that writers today have no brains so they need to remake old movies. I never watch them.
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.

AnnOminous

Chocolate Covered Cherry

very rarely do I like a remake.... and then like you said it is one where the special effects can make a difference.

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

There are very few remakes that I like. Can you imagine the Breakfast Club with any other cast? ewwwwww

Lynda

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Re: Topic for Debate #2 *WINNER*
WINNER in the OP!
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

Nikki_E

Cherry Cropper

Congrats!
Nikki

When you see me with a smile on my face, then you'll know I'm a mental case. ~ Alice Cooper

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

congrats
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

Return to “NSD Crop 2010”