Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

megamay

Cherry Cola

Re: Mother's Day Card Class HERE
writerlady wrote:Love the stamp on the flowers!

thank you!

Heidi1154

Cherry Bomb

Very nice cards!
Can't wait to try them!

ImageImageImageImageImage

megamay

Cherry Cola

sghartman wrote:I love the effect that stamp has in the center of the flower. It really adds a great effect. My DDs are driving me crazy with questions and Mama's so I'm just going to have to stop where I am and pick up later. Thanks for some wonderful cards!! I'll check back in later.

oh I know that feeling - the mama's ...

fong33

Chocolate Covered Cherry

megamay wrote:incidentally, I just today found another reason to love these tiny alphas on cards...

I had a last minute need for a card and I didnt have one with the appropriate sentiment, so I just pulled the tiny alphas off and replaced them with the sentiment that I needed.

After you put them on this class supply list...I picked up a bunch of them in different colors.

I need to get me some twine to finish these cards.

megamay

Cherry Cola

I wanted to add some ribbon, so I cut a 4x1.5 inch strip from the yellow patterned paper, inked the edges and wrapped the ribbon around it, using fabritac to secure the ends on the back. Then I put my stamp back together and stamped a row of flowers, so that the bottoms of the stems stopped right where I planned to glue the ribbon wrapped paper. Glue the ribbon wrapped paper. Tuck the sentiment just a tad bit behind the ribbon and glue it. Then Glue the whole piece to the card base, before adding the flowers. Again, ink, distress and stamp the flowers and make sure not to punch your holes all the way through the other side of the card.

megamay

Cherry Cola

fong33 wrote:
megamay wrote:incidentally, I just today found another reason to love these tiny alphas on cards...

I had a last minute need for a card and I didnt have one with the appropriate sentiment, so I just pulled the tiny alphas off and replaced them with the sentiment that I needed.

After you put them on this class supply list...I picked up a bunch of them in different colors.

did you see the my little shoebox ones? those are my favorite!

http://www.acherryontop.com/shop/compan ... le_shoebox

megamay

Cherry Cola

and Voila!

but we aren't done yet! I made up some little poems for you to print out and add to the insides of the cards. Remember at the beginning I told you to save those 3.5x12inch strips of cardstock. This is why.

megamay

Cherry Cola

here is a link to a free download which includes some mother's day poems oriented vertically and horizontally and also some plain poems that you could use if you intend on making these cards not mother's day.

http://www.acherryontop.com/shop/product/9007890

Now, I use photoshop to do my printing, but Im sure pretty much whatever program you have will be just fine. They are JPG images sized 3.5x12. You will notice that there is a box drawn around the poems. That is just to show you where to cut. You don't really need to have those lines. As you can see by this photo, the lines were cut off when I printed. That is because my file and my paper size were both set to 3.5x12, so I got that warning about part of my image being cut off because it was outside the printer margins. Don't worry about that just say ok. But you probably want to test out the print settings on a scrap paper first. You can totally just cut a regular 8.5x11 down to 3.5x11. The printer won't know that your paper isnt 12 inches long, and the image isnt that big anyway. Since every program and printer and computer is different. I can't really help you much, you will just have to play around with it until it works. One thing to try is to make sure that the paper size is set in your print properties. If the computer thinks that you are printing on 8.5x11 it will try to center the image and you will see just a tiny sliver of it (or none at all). The landscape orientation image is pretty much the same, I even rotated it for you. So once you get the first one working, you can print the second one exactly the same way. I printed on the back of the green paper so that the printing would show up better. I couldnt get that little sticker off neatly, so I just fed the paper in such that the printing didnt end up on the sticker.

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

megamay wrote:and Voila!

but we aren't done yet! I made up some little poems for you to print out and add to the insides of the cards. Remember at the beginning I told you to save those 3.5x12inch strips of cardstock.

This is why.

You ROCK!
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

fong33

Chocolate Covered Cherry

megamay wrote:and Voila!

but we aren't done yet! I made up some little poems for you to print out and add to the insides of the cards. Remember at the beginning I told you to save those 3.5x12inch strips of cardstock. This is why.

Cool!

Heidi1154

Cherry Bomb

I just love those flowers!

ImageImageImageImageImage

fong33

Chocolate Covered Cherry

megamay wrote:here is a link to a free download which includes some mother's day poems oriented vertically and horizontally and also some plain poems that you could use if you intend on making these cards not mother's day.

http://www.acherryontop.com/shop/product/9007890

Now, I use photoshop to do my printing, but Im sure pretty much whatever program you have will be just fine. They are JPG images sized 3.5x12. You will notice that there is a box drawn around the poems. That is just to show you where to cut. You don't really need to have those lines. As you can see by this photo, the lines were cut off when I printed. That is because my file and my paper size were both set to 3.5x12, so I got that warning about part of my image being cut off because it was outside the printer margins. Don't worry about that just say ok. But you probably want to test out the print settings on a scrap paper first. You can totally just cut a regular 8.5x11 down to 3.5x11. The printer won't know that your paper isnt 12 inches long, and the image isnt that big anyway. Since every program and printer and computer is different. I can't really help you much, you will just have to play around with it until it works. One thing to try is to make sure that the paper size is set in your print properties. If the computer thinks that you are printing on 8.5x11 it will try to center the image and you will see just a tiny sliver of it (or none at all). The landscape orientation image is pretty much the same, I even rotated it for you. So once you get the first one working, you can print the second one exactly the same way. I printed on the back of the green paper so that the printing would show up better. I couldnt get that little sticker off neatly, so I just fed the paper in such that the printing didnt end up on the sticker.

Girl I love ya!!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Kaylas_Bah

Cherry Berry

WOW! These are all beautiful.
Lori
Image Image

megamay

Cherry Cola

After printing, I cut along the lines, inked the edges and matted the poems on some of the leftover patterened papers. (but first you might want to cut a 3.5x12 inche strip off of the yellow patterend paper and set it aside, because I used that to print poems for the 'bonus' cards.)

fong33

Chocolate Covered Cherry

megamay wrote:
fong33 wrote:

did you see the my little shoebox ones? those are my favorite!

http://www.acherryontop.com/shop/compan ... le_shoebox

Cool...great colors!

megamay

Cherry Cola

fong33 wrote:
Girl I love ya!!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

:winkb: thanks!

fong33

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Thanks so much for a great class!!!!

megamay

Cherry Cola

Kaylas_Bah wrote:WOW! These are all beautiful.

thanks!

megamay

Cherry Cola

Here are how my card insides look. I had some extra flowers laying around so I stuck them on the insides with little glue dots. That is totally optional.

ImageImageImage

bfaretra

Cherry Bing

Wow - you covered all the bases and more to help us with these beautiful cards! I am sure glad I only did prep work yesterday!

Return to “NSD Crop 2010”