Pink Paislee Chat - MEET US IN HERE

The place to chat and mingle with Scrapbook Celebrities!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

AmyTeets
Digital Designers
Gallery: 368

Re: Pink Paislee Chat - MEET US IN HERE

Post by AmyTeets »

heidi wrote:This is sooo much fun!

Check your PM's for random bonus point love - :inlove:

LOVE!
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!
letumom
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 846

Post by letumom »

This is an awesome class, wish I had gotten here sooner! :winkb:
Laurie

glo85cam
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 99

Post by glo85cam »

pinkpaislee wrote:Step 2: Punch & Stamp

Using your circle punch make random half circle punches around the calico patterned paper (or the paper you are going to use under your photo mat)

After your half circles are punched you will want to fill in those open areas with a subtle stamping pattern.

The idea is to use your stamps to create interest on the base paper of the layout - and these patterns will “peek out” through the punched areas. You might want to position your paper over the base paper and then lift it up slightly to randomly stamp in the open areas.

When you are done stamping you can adhere the punched paper down to the base paper about 1” from bottom of base paper.

You can go ahead and adhere the photo mat paper now about 2” from the bottom of the newsprint paper. I ended up doing this later but anytime you want to add this photo mat you can.

Such a neat idea! I'm going to have to give this a try.
glo

[img:3st2c6tv]http://sbing.com/i/thumbnails/proudjubilee.gif[/img:3st2c6tv]
pinkpaislee
Cherry Tart

Post by pinkpaislee »

Step 5: Add Dimension & Details

Using foam dots be sure to pop up the die cut stars and add buttons to the center of each star.

Another really cool part of this collection is the Chat Clouds that include lots of "chat bubbles", tags and die cut stars and flowers. There are a lot of pieces in that pack so they are sprinkled throughout this layout as shown.

Another thing I did to replicate the look of stiching that Vicki had on her original layout was to use my Sew Easy Stamper from We R Memory Keepers to add stitch marks along the top of a strip of paper.

Then use a paper piercer to punch holes on the end of one of the paper strips and add denim brads as shown.

So right now...we are here:

WHEW...I feel like I am speed scrapping
ellisoncheryl
Cherry Tart

Post by ellisoncheryl »

pinkpaislee wrote:Step 3: Tag & Stack

[highlight=#ff8080]One of my very favorite things about this new paper collection is the shipping tags and the design elements we pre-printed onto them.[/highlight] Tags are so easy to add to projects and I love how Vicki originally tucked them in and layered them at the top. So right now we are going to start layering all the pieces on the top portion of this page. Be sure to only add adhesive in the center of the tags so we can “tuck” in the border stickers underneath.

I actually applied my border sticker first but I had to "eyeball it" which was a little tricky.

Adhere down the shipping tags and then position the zig zag border stickers across the top edges of the Calico newsprint paper. There aren’t really measurements for these steps; you will place the tags on the sheet - then add the border stickers and then layer all of the 3 paper strips one on top of another.

You can see I also went ahead and glued down my yellow photo mat paper as a guide.

I didn't realize these tags had preprinting on them. I thought you had stamped them! I think I just found another item to add to 'my favorite things'!
Sandi0805
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2310

Post by Sandi0805 »

This layout and tutorial is wonderful. The colors (blue and yellow) are two of my favorite combinations. Guess what is going in my wishlist today.
 Image ImageImage
scrapbookmary
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 29

Post by scrapbookmary »

I just love this layout and new ideas!
...... but age is such a triumph over youth,
again, because you moved across the years to here.
Leaving there where it belongs
for youth to come along and re-discover. by Rod McKuen

pinkpaislee
Cherry Tart

Post by pinkpaislee »

heidi wrote:This is sooo much fun!

Check your PM's for random bonus point love - :inlove:

Heidi Rocks!!
doviana
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 31

Post by doviana »

I'm in the same boat I thought those tags were stamped too... may have to consider a splurge!
ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 561

Post by ScrapGoo »

pinkpaislee wrote:
ScrapGoo wrote:Hey there cherries! I'm just popping in to say hello because I knew my favorite slave driver wonderful boss lady, Rebecca, was going to be regaling you all with some form of awesomeness!! :inlove:

You all KNOW how much I love these products. Have a fantastic class, chat, and NSD! :-D

ha ha ha....it is rough isn't it????

soooo rough. I'm not even sure how I handle so much goodness. It's a tough life, but I get by. :winkb:
letumom
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 846

Post by letumom »

So much dimension on this layout!
Laurie

1luckymama
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 275

Post by 1luckymama »

It looks like real stitching! I wouldn't have guessed!
lesmitch
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 182

Post by lesmitch »

Sandi0805 wrote:This layout and tutorial is wonderful. The colors (blue and yellow) are two of my favorite combinations. Guess what is going in my wishlist today.
i just put it in mine
 ImageImageImageImageImage

pinkpaislee
Cherry Tart

Post by pinkpaislee »

ellisoncheryl wrote:
pinkpaislee wrote:Step 3: Tag & Stack

[highlight=#ff8080]One of my very favorite things about this new paper collection is the shipping tags and the design elements we pre-printed onto them.[/highlight] Tags are so easy to add to projects and I love how Vicki originally tucked them in and layered them at the top. So right now we are going to start layering all the pieces on the top portion of this page. Be sure to only add adhesive in the center of the tags so we can “tuck” in the border stickers underneath.

I actually applied my border sticker first but I had to "eyeball it" which was a little tricky.

Adhere down the shipping tags and then position the zig zag border stickers across the top edges of the Calico newsprint paper. There aren’t really measurements for these steps; you will place the tags on the sheet - then add the border stickers and then layer all of the 3 paper strips one on top of another.

You can see I also went ahead and glued down my yellow photo mat paper as a guide.

I didn't realize these tags had preprinting on them. I thought you had stamped them! I think I just found another item to add to 'my favorite things'!

They come like that I promise. YOu get 6 pre printed tags and they are amazing!
love2stamp
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1035

Post by love2stamp »

The tags are cute, I too thought they were stamped.
ImageImageImageImage
glo85cam
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 99

Post by glo85cam »

pinkpaislee wrote:By the way....when you check in for this chat anytime during the hour you are going to be entered into our giveaway for 2 of these class kits. Be sure to say hello!
HELLO and welcome! I'm playing catch up on the thread but I'm loving this class.
glo

[img:3st2c6tv]http://sbing.com/i/thumbnails/proudjubilee.gif[/img:3st2c6tv]
ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 561

Post by ScrapGoo »

PezKat wrote:
ScrapGoo wrote:Hey there cherries! I'm just popping in to say hello because I knew my favorite slave driver wonderful boss lady, Rebecca, was going to be regaling you all with some form of awesomeness!! :inlove:

You all KNOW how much I love these products. Have a fantastic class, chat, and NSD! :-D

Jess!! Hope you'll be around a bit, we miss you! :)

Hey lady! April was insane for me but I am finally able to breathe a little now. We,re just trying to get ready for this little girl, get our house ready to sell, and keep up with life. You know... not much. :winkb:
pinkpaislee
Cherry Tart

Post by pinkpaislee »

Step 6: Titles Are Everything!

Okay...if you haven’t tried our Wood Shop Alphabets yet - you are truly missing out. You can add just about any type of color medium to these letters and you will love the results. You can stamp them, ink them, mist them and they can take it!!

We decided to add distressing ink to our letters and we layered 2 different colors on our letters to get the color we wanted.

Remember I said I loved this blending tool and foam pad...works on our wood alphabets too ;)

So....choose your title and then add color to match your project. We recommend a liquid adhesive to add these to your page but foam dots work well too. As you can see in this photo I like to layer my letters over one another to get that extra dimension.

I also went ahead and added my 5 x 7 photo centered over my photo mat! We are almost done!
Scrapaway
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 76

Post by Scrapaway »

This is sooo cool. Haven't tried those letters but see that they are a must have!
Darcy
Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're here, we should dance.
ellisoncheryl
Cherry Tart

Post by ellisoncheryl »

My thing is chunky layouts and these wooden letters fit that perfectly. I love that you can color them to match the layout. SO much easier than trying to find chipboard letters that match and then have all the extras left over (without the letters that you need to use later!) Thanks for introducing me to so many great new products! LOVIN' IT!!!

Return to “The Cherry Loft”