Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

bfaretra

Cherry Bing

Re: ---->Great Books "Bingo" <---- HERE!!
ChrissyTina wrote:
cholsen wrote:Only 2/25-but enjoying reading what everyone else is reading right now, or has just finished reading.

RIGHT?? ME TOO!!! May have to start a separate list of books to read!

I agree. I only have 3/25 so far but am enjoying this thread so much!

karlsruher

Cherry Tart

Sad but I can't remember the last book I read. I work in a High School Library so I see alot of books daily.
Angelika

bfaretra

Cherry Bing

GeriNY wrote:I would rather read a book but I like listening to them when traveling and driving.

Me, also
I seem to get more out of the books when I read them rather than listen to them. I seem to have so many distractions when I am just listening and doing other things at the same time.

cholsen

Cherry Blossom

bfaretra wrote:
cholsen wrote:I also just finished reading the Jenni Sanford autobiography. Next on my list is Hunger Games. Anyone read that?

I will never buy or read Jenny Sanford. Than does not mean that I condone what Mark did. But she went into the area of bad taste by writing that book.

I thought so too, but I liked the integrity that she didn't bash him in the book, and wrote it more so her boys would know the story of their marriage when they got older. I think that she can still hold her head high in the way she has handle the whole situation.

beachlover

Cherry Addict

9/25
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

davsar

Cherry Cola

cholsen wrote:Definately read them. That is why I haven't caved and bought a Kindle yet. I love to actually have the book in my hand. I also have the Historian, but haven't read it yet. I am bad about going into the bookstore and buying 5-10 books at a time, and then forgetting about them. I have a basket of books by my bed that I haven't read yet, but it doesn't stop me from heading to the bookstore and getting more. Lol.

I also go to the bookstore and get tons of books - I then read them so quickly that I often forget the story. But hey - I always love reading books twice ;)

The Historian is a good read!!
ImageImage

karlsruher

Cherry Tart

4/25
Angelika

cholsen

Cherry Blossom

4/25. I tried to pick only the books I had read off the list. Obviously I need to read more. Lol.

bfaretra

Cherry Bing

cholsen wrote:
bfaretra wrote:
cholsen wrote:I also just finished reading the Jenni Sanford autobiography. Next on my list is Hunger Games. Anyone read that?

I will never buy or read Jenny Sanford. Than does not mean that I condone what Mark did. But she went into the area of bad taste by writing that book.

I thought so too, but I liked the integrity that she didn't bash him in the book, and wrote it more so her boys would know the story of their marriage when they got older. I think that she can still hold her head high in the way she has handle the whole situation.

What state do you live in?

Lorus

Cherry Blossom

davsar wrote:
Lorus wrote:Last book I read? Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel...does that count? Sometimes I don't get to read the books I want to read! LOL

It's called staying up really late! I actually enjoy reading to my kids as much as reading for myself - I love to see them get into the stories!!
I do love reading to the kids! My favorite part is when I read to my two little guys (3 & 5) and catch the big kids (14 & 11) engrossed in the stories too!
Haven't had a good late night read in a while - may have to set a night aside for me!

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

After 4 rounds just 6 words marked off!!!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

davsar

Cherry Cola

bfaretra wrote:
GeriNY wrote:I would rather read a book but I like listening to them when traveling and driving.

Me, also
I seem to get more out of the books when I read them rather than listen to them. I seem to have so many distractions when I am just listening and doing other things at the same time.

Who is she?? I haven't heard anything about her (my lack of watching the news I'm sure :-D)
ImageImage

karlsruher

Cherry Tart

I keep a list at work and every time we get new books it grows. Unfortunatly I pick big books to read so it takes me such a long time to read them.
Angelika

cholsen

Cherry Blossom

I thought so too, but I liked the integrity that she didn't bash him in the book, and wrote it more so her boys would know the story of their marriage when they got older. I think that she can still hold her head high in the way she has handle the whole situation.[/quote]

What state do you live in?[/quote]

I am in SC-Myrtle Beach. What area are you in?

ChrissyTina

Cherry Bing

I'm pretty bad in bookstores too! I have shelves of books I haven't read yet and have promised myself not to by a new on until those are read....maybe made a promise I can't keep!!!! *DOH!*
Chrissy

davsar

Cherry Cola

So from my list of 100 books what percentage do you think you have read?

I think I've read about 75-80% (unfortunately can only recall about 35% of what each are about) If only I had a memory!!
ImageImage

bfaretra

Cherry Bing

davsar wrote:
cholsen wrote:Definately read them. That is why I haven't caved and bought a Kindle yet. I love to actually have the book in my hand. I also have the Historian, but haven't read it yet. I am bad about going into the bookstore and buying 5-10 books at a time, and then forgetting about them. I have a basket of books by my bed that I haven't read yet, but it doesn't stop me from heading to the bookstore and getting more. Lol.

I also go to the bookstore and get tons of books - I then read them so quickly that I often forget the story. But hey - I always love reading books twice ;)

The Historian is a good read!!

That was me in my 10 years as a single parent - no TV, only reading. But dh is not a big reader so now most of my meeting is done during air travel. Thank goodness I have at least four trips like that a year!

sdcowgirl

Cherry Blossom

5/25 not doing too well. I prefer to read. I like holding the book in my hand and turning the pages but have thought about going with one of the new electronic readers from Amazon or Sony. Anyone using one of these currently?
jls

davsar

Cherry Cola

joannie wrote:Got 4 so far!! I'm a romance reader!! I love Nora Roberts!! (i don't see any of her titles here!!):winkb: lol

Oh so many good books - so little time ;) and little space to list them all!!
ImageImage

cholsen

Cherry Blossom

davsar wrote:So from my list of 100 books what percentage do you think you have read?

I think I've read about 75-80% (unfortunately can only recall about 35% of what each are about) If only I had a memory!!

Probably only 25%.

Return to “February Crop 2010”